Why ML is bad for the game & should stay out

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 13 Next
Removing ML was a terrible move. It removed a part of the game that allowed the user to create their own experience. Master Looting meant that a community had to decide what was happening to their characters. PL is purely a personal thing, taking away the experience of working with others.
I mean, Cyous is right. People in their earliest days in a guild are far more likely to leave than someone who has been around for several years. Having those people receive loot is a greatly increased chance for those items to be completely removed from contributing towards the raid team's progress. That's terrible.

Trials and/or new members ghosting your raid team has been a thing since basically forever. The only difference now is there are no in-game tools to protect the team from these people. You basically have to dig through their history with a fine-tooth comb to have a chance at figuring out what will happen.
You ever see this with ML? I don't remember either, but hey, PL is the best!

https://imgur.com/a/0uFqN2R
No one forced you to join those guilds?
Personal loot reinforced the me before the group mindset and is unhealthy for the game.
Anyone who petitions for the removal of personal choice is a very strange individual.
10/05/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Dalriata
No one forced you to join those guilds?
Personal loot reinforced the me before the group mindset and is unhealthy for the game.
Anyone who petitions for the removal of personal choice is a very strange individual.

master loot removed personal choice - personal loot gives it back to people.
Devs already explained this, but you pro ML clowns are too busy crying about other people’s gear to care.

Each individual in the raid has their own independent chance at loot. It’s not your groups loot. It’s theirs.

Your greed and hubris are nearly palpable.
I'd just like to point out that everyone here going on about how PL is superior---- if ANY of you think that they removed ML because it was "being abused", you are completely out of touch with reality.

The REAL reason it was removed is to slow down gear progression and keep people running that hamster wheel.
/sigh

Another who had bad experience with ML and had terrible guilds telling everyone else they were wrong for having other experiences. Seems to me you are a little early to troll so I am going to assume you actually believe everyone should believe as you do. yay, GD continues to be full of "special"
10/05/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Memnöch
Devs already explained this, but you pro ML clowns are too busy crying about other people’s gear to care.

Each individual in the raid has their own independent chance at loot. It’s not your groups loot. It’s theirs.

I like how you have to make out GM's and officers out to be mustache twirling villains to make out how PL is the best thing ever.
Being able to distribute items in group content that provided a greater benefit to the entire group made this feel like an MMORPG.

Forced PL feels like you're playing a single-player game with other people.

I guess I get some folks desire to play only for themselves but that's really counter-intuitive to what an MMORPG is.

This is honestly laughable. You realize you're the one being greedy right? It's all MEMEMEMEME! Guilds care about killing bosses, not like trash LFR players who only care about themselves.
10/05/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Xada
10/05/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Memnöch

I like how you have to make out GM's and officers out to be mustache twirling villains to make out how PL is the best thing ever.

I’ve not mentioned either of those groups of people, you have.

Unless your implication is that GMs and officers are the types of people who view others loot as their own. Well then I guess they’ve drawn that comparison all on their own. Haven’t they.
For good guilds it’s amazing
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I’ve not mentioned either of those groups of people, you have.

I'm gonna stop you there, not by name, but there's literally no one else you could be referring to.
10/05/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Amine
There was another group of people who loved master loot as well - cloth or plate wearers who were the only plate or cloth wearer in the raid group or one of two. Everything that dropped under master loot was automatically theirs.

No guilds did this.