The Mythic Raiding Community is Toxic

General Discussion
10/05/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Blowup
10/05/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Daacey
I'm too old to get yelled at over a video game, and it was enough to get me to quit. I can do my job at a competitive level without being verbally abused, thanks.

Know what I've learned playing in a casual (3hrs or less 3 days a week) mythic guild for years now? If you're getting yelled at, you haven't been doing your job.

Weird, since they sure seemed bent when I said I was quitting. Doesn't sound like someone who didn't want me around. (I also never said it was me they were yelling at.) You know nothing about the circumstances of the raid I was in.

Moreover, there are ways to talk to someone about their performance that don't include screaming at them like a child having a temper tantrum, but I suppose you wouldn't know anything about that.
10/05/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Moonzy
Even though that void elf priest says there's not toxicity in the people he plays with, the whole 'Elitist Jerk' mentality has been around since the beginning.

And if you disagree with me, -50 DKP!!

In fact -50 DKP for reading this!!

-50 DKP!!

I see your DKP and raise you personal loot.
10/05/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Tareir
The elitists I've run into are generally not the mythic raiders. I almost never see them stirring up stuff. The elitists are the wannabe mythic players. The ones that aren't quite good enough, they have to bash those worse than them to make themselves feel better. The ones that come into LFR and act like everyone is beneath them. Generally mythic raiders have zero need to be there, although a lot of the awful people in LFR will just say it is an "alt" or something I'm sure...

Generally true in my experience so far this expansion. The few "mythic" guilds I've been a part of all shared this nasty attitude towards people when they themselves were barely above average. They talk a big talk to everyone everywhere, and then spend 60% of the raid dead on the floor.
There's nothing I'd love more than to find a mythic guild with a raid leader that wasn't a raging lunatic. I'm too old to get yelled at over a video game, and it was enough to get me to quit. I can do my job at a competitive level without being verbally abused, thanks.

We’re 2/8 Mythic and are recruiting.

Raids are Tues, Thurs and Fri 9:00PM EST to 12:00 EST.

We’re chill but are progression minded.
10/05/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Yshal
There's nothing I'd love more than to find a mythic guild with a raid leader that wasn't a raging lunatic. I'm too old to get yelled at over a video game, and it was enough to get me to quit. I can do my job at a competitive level without being verbally abused, thanks.

We’re 2/8 Mythic and are recruiting.

Raids are Tues, Thurs and Fri 9:00PM EST to 12:00 EST.

We’re chill but are progression minded.

Well-played. >:3
I've run into jerks during leveling PuGs. Never during a raid.
Mythic raiding isn't worth it unless you are playing a meta class or just have amazing guildies to run with. I mean honestly just do heroic and run mythic plus and you will have nearly equal gear. I play casually as a WW monk on a RP server and even I am 366. Never even did half of heroic raiding or completed a +10 yet this expac.
Is this one of those someone was mean to me so everyone like them is bad posts?
10/05/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Seèlah
I guess "toxic" has been redefined to "people who tell you that you are bad when you are actually bad".

I thought that was "honest"?

“Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.”
– Aristotle
I know a few mythic raiders and NONE of them are humble or have ever been humble.
That's because you're not buying a carry through their guild.

I dont know how normal members can stand it.