I finally quit.

General Discussion
This one was a long time coming, since I cancelled my subscription a good, like, 20 days ago.

First, I would like to say hats off to all the Blues on the forums, for having to put up with the endless vitriol of the playerbase.

This expansion is half baked.

The gameplay, professions, class balance, and polish of this expansion have all been abysmal:
• Gameplay is short and abruptly becomes painful about a day after you hit max level.
• Professions are hellish to level without dumping hundreds of thousands of gold into them, and a good part of the crafting professions make no sense in the current Hydrocore/Sanguicell system. Honestly, professions have been trash for a few expansions now, but BfA is just making things even more laughable.
• The class balance present at the start of this expansion was completely unacceptable. If things are skewed to the point that an entire class can't find a group, then its obvious that somebody screwed up.
• Many glaring typos were present all throughout the questing experience, and I saw many still there after levelling a second character to 110 after I guess a month after the expansion launched.

But, the thing is, if these were the only issues with the game right now, I wouldn't quit. WoD was arguably worse with all of these (Save class balance, probably. I don't remember.) and I still didn't quit.

The big issue here is that Blizzard is becoming notorious for completely ignoring the feedback of its playerbase.

Let's take class balance for example. During the Beta, loads of reports and feedback came in on the state of Shamans, Druids, and the like. There was no end to people saying that both of these classes felt a bit lackluster in either one or all of their specs, and a substantial amount of them providing their own thoughts onto how they could be improved.

And then they were both shipped incomplete, and we got the whole "Shaman is dead lul, why do you even play feral lul" fiasco.

Same thing with polish, same thing with professions, same thing with gameplay, to an extent.

I could go on and on about ways to improve everything I mentioned in this thread, but honestly, there's no point, because many people before me have already given their feedback, and many like me have been ignored.

Yes, I know a lot of things are going to be improved in 8.1, but that isn't the point.

I'm quitting not because I'm not having fun, but because Blizzard is setting a dangerous precedent, that shipping content half-completed and unbalanced after they've already gotten everyone's precious 60 dollars, and then ignoring feedback on how to fix glaring issues, is a valid way to produce new content.

Obviously it's working for them, as many people continue to force themselves to play the game (YES, I know some people are genuinely having fun, not talking about you) for reasons that would take the game completely shutting down for them to reconsider.

I'm going to be gone until Blizzard's QA team wakes up and starts putting the WOW back in World of Warcraft. If you're someone like me, who believes that Blizzard is deliberately trying to twilight the game to free up resources, then you too believe that day will never come. I might come back for a little bit for Classic, if they aren't dumb enough to ship it as a full price $60 game.

My sub ends tonight, at around 2 AM EST. Same it couldn't have ended right on Sunday, but meh, at least I got to post my goodbye thread on it. Might post a little before then, but I'm not coming back until something topside changes for the better.

And no, you can't have my stuff, I already promised it to someone else.

EVE Online... take me. I'm yours once again, my darling.
GG begging for fake internet points, boring.
Cya op

Have fun with Eve till it lasts because Pearl Abyss kinda luvs pay to win games :3
Send me your account information using the in game mail system and I'll clean your account out for you.

EDIT: Almost forgot, if you have an Authenticator, remove it from your account.
Agree with you, OP. At the end of the day, it's kind of disgusting to feel like we're enabling the poor product by lapping up whatever the company happens to slop out.

Blizzard's expansions have become a formulaic corporate committee approach to gameplay. Anyone that can look at artifacts, then look at azerite and not see the complete lack of innovation is simply deluding themselves.

The artwork is great. Music is great. The gameplay sucks. At the end of the day, if something is no fun to play, it doesn't matter how pretty it is.

Depressing.
/high five /chest bump
10/01/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Anillei

I don't understand.
TTFN... I don't blame the OP 1 bit. GL!
Is your shaman your main? B/c you’ve barely touched the raid and probably m+ too.
We've lost a lot of good players the past couple months. Even doing heroics is noticeably more difficult because there aren't as many good players in the pool. Sad to see you go, but every unsub is a victory in my book, hit them in that bottom line.
10/01/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Quinzal
I'm quitting not because I'm not having fun, but because Blizzard is setting a dangerous precedent, that shipping content half-completed and unbalanced after they've already gotten everyone's precious 60 dollars, and then ignoring feedback on how to fix glaring issues, is a valid way to produce new content.

If you're not having fun, then that's an appropriate reason to quit. It's a game, it should be fun, but the game is a complete game no matter the pathetic attack you guys make on it. It does have issues, and this one let slip too many bugs, but it's no less a complete game.
10/01/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Yokaí
Is your shaman your main? B/c you’ve barely touched the raid and probably m+ too.

Yes, the Shaman is my main. Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned incompleteness of the class, finding a guild to raid with was hard. PUGs were the only option, and we all know how those go. I have done plenty of M+ with a friend of mine, though, on both this Shaman and my Monk.

Nice gatekeeping, btw. Just because I haven't completed the raid means I can't have an opinion?

10/01/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Eranos

If you're not having fun, then that's an appropriate reason to quit. It's a game, it should be fun, but the game is a complete game no matter the pathetic attack you guys make on it. It does have issues, and this one let slip too many bugs, but it's no less a complete game.

Ah yes, pathetic attack. The Blood Elf Paladin is calling my opinion on why the game is going down the drain pathetic.

I would insert an image of a laughing smug anime girl, but I don't have the will to do that.

The thing is, I would be having fun, if my class wasn't horrible, if I didn't quickly run out of things to do at max level, if I actually got accepted to groups, if the playerbase wasn't becoming more toxic by the day, etc.
Did not read passed "I finally quit." but good luck out there OP!
Safe journey, Quin.
Good luck and happiness wherever you land!
This expansion is half baked.

Your post is half baked.

J/K

:-D)))
10/01/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Quinzal
10/01/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Anillei

I don't understand.
Ignore them. WoW forums don't keep a tally of the points you accrue, so why anyone would comment on fake internet points is beyond me.
If this was Imgur, I'd get it, but it's not.
10/01/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Pandal
10/01/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Quinzal
I don't understand.
Ignore them. WoW forums don't keep a tally of the points you accrue, so why anyone would comment on fake internet points is beyond me.
If this was Imgur, I'd get it, but it's not.

Yeah daddy, lemme get that WoW Forums Karma :^D
I don't feel I've gotten the content I paid for.

The underwhelming feeling of it all...

In the boring category we have:

Expeditions
WQ's
Emmissary's
Rep Grinds
Warfronts

How bout soft gear resets

How bout a chest with grey loot

How bout a trinket that's not for you specialization

How bout a boat instead of class halls

How bout a dungeon with no loot for you

How bout some awful buggy content that hasn't been tested at all

Am I having fun yet?
I endeavor to be the last person standing in this game.

So far so good.