I finally quit.

General Discussion
10/01/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Quinzal
This one was a long time coming, since I cancelled my subscription a good, like, 20 days ago.

[/quote]
Alrigh bro, see you in 8.1
10/01/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Hiddendragón
10/01/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Quinzal
This one was a long time coming, since I cancelled my subscription a good, like, 20 days ago.

Alrigh bro, see you in 8.1[/quote]
Funny. I'm breaking down laughing over here. My lungs, they hurt.
it could be worse ya know.......
10/01/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Anillei
GG begging for fake internet points, boring.

This sounds like it should have a "Low Energy" in it somewhere and a "Sad!" at the end.
S'long, ol' gadfly; i'ma miss butting heads with you; not to mention having a perspective that gave us all pause, more than once.
Take care.
Give me your stuff.
Oh look, another one of these posts.
Quinzal I'm going to miss you. T'will be sad not to see you around here and there in the forums.

I wish you luck in life and hope you can find a fun game to play.

I understand your reasons, while many of them do not affect me as I don't do that content anyway (professions for example, I dumped them in Legion and not picking them up in BfA at all.) I am still having enough fun to stick around.

Though so far BfA does seem quite lackluster. I don't like the Azerite bit, it's kind of meh. I don't like getting weaker as I progress to the point of dying all the time when questing because I either have to forfeit ilvl or my primary stats. Either way doesn't work. (I can't do dungeons or raids.) So my only way of getting gear is questing. I can perhaps deal with staying the same, but honestly being more powerful at the beginning at lvl 110 than when you hit 120 just doesn't feel good.

I hit 120 and can't kill a butterfly. lol Well obviously that's overly dramatic but that's kind of how it feels.

Still, there is enough here for me to have fun, so I shall stick around.

Good luck Quinzal.
This is what you get when you're playing the biggest mmo in the world. They already made too much money to care. The only thing that could happen to them is either earning more or less money, they would never lose money. They'll never be afraid of closing down.
Join the club OP, Blizzard must pay for this trash game that they presented us.
I think I'm not far behind you. I've taken a month off and I'm done after 13 years of playing WoW. I'm not happy about it but there it is.

Ever since Warlords, I've been increasingly alarmed about the direction the game has been taking with respect to players' game time and players' game play. Blizzard has introduced more and more game play systems which tightly control and contain what players are allowed to do in game. Rather than providing game experiences where the player can enjoy themselves in a game world, free to decide when, where and how they'd like to play, they've tacked more and more to making the experience less and less meaningful.

Case in point: the Azerite gearing design. Players like to target specific gearing goals such as completing a raid tier set. Achieving that discrete gearing step was meaningful. Legion partially did away with this concept with the Artifact weapon system and the Azerite gearing system completely eliminates it. Gear is meaningless now; it's only an endless resource grind to keep players grinding and acquiring more and more sets of Azerite gear for every spec and situation. This shows a lack of respect for the player's game play.

Same thing with reputation grinds. We used to have multiple ways to earn reputation such as zone quests, mob kills, dailies, dungeon runs, tabards, etc. and quests typically earned 250 rep each. In BfA, all reputation is gained through one avenue, dailies, usually at 75 rep each. Tack on putting basic game features such as choosing a new race and travel by player-directed flight behind multiple reputation grinds and the slowing down of many aspects of game play and the lack of respect for players' game time is also evident. Don't even get me started on professions' design and the number of bugs encountered this expansion.

The art, music, and environmental teams continue to hit it out of the park; it's too bad that class design and systems design doesn't do them justice this expansion. They seem to view stuffing every system into some sort of resource grind so players are tightly controlled because players are a threat to the game in some way. That heaven forbid, they don't log-in on a daily basis they should be punished for playing on their own time schedule. The problem with that approach is that it makes overall game play meaningless. There's nothing to achieve except more resources. There's deep, fundamental problems right now in WoW and I don't see anyone taking ownership about the direction we've been heading.

Best of luck to all.
10/01/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Zogamboka
Oh look, another one of these posts.

Look another twit comment.

Each player that leaves is that much less revenue to drive future expansions.

Other than a brief log on more than 2 weeks ago, I'm approaching a month without playing. My game time lasts for another few months because I bought it with tokens, but unless there is a major revamp I'm done.

When long time players start to abandon ship, it is not a good sign for the franchise.
10/01/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Xenya
How bout a chest with grey loot

Perfect example of how this expansion has made even mundane game play experiences meaningless. Exploring and finding a chest or killing a rare should result in a meaningful reward. Instead you get 7 gold and 30 resources. Or maybe a piece of grey gear. How that is supposed to encourage any player to keep exploring or hunting rares is beyond me.
Why do people fill the need to announce "I QUIT WOW"

You're not important & no one cares. Go play your Nintendo Switch, kid.

Everyone knows your !@# will be back in a few months.

Bye.

You say the same thing in every one of these topics. I am pretty sure you are the one looking for attention in a sort of inept way.

OP, thanks for sharing your opinion in a detailed way.
10/01/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Dîomedes

This sounds like it should have a "Low Energy" in it somewhere and a "Sad!" at the end.

Lol you’re still here? Guess “quitting” is hard to do eh? Have you not found your holy grail or is trolling these forums all the fun you need?

If either you or the OP were serious you’d contact legal to permanently delete your accounts. What better way to “stick it to the man” than to show how serious you are with the way this game is being run?

Nah you’ll both be back before the expansion is done, pre-purchasing the next expansion, and bringing the cycle of complaining all over again.
I promise you, NO ONE CARES why you quit. Just quit and go about your business.

Everyone knows your !@# will be back in a few months.
I'm with you OP. My sub runs out tomorrow. I'm not going to support these arrogant devs.

The end of Legion gave me hope that things might be good in BFA but nope. I enjoyed the end of Legion but BFA stripped every bit of enjoyment I was having with Legion in favor of boring RNG, boring content, and the continued war on flying.
Another player that appears to have done nothing in game is "quitting."

This one's gonna hurt, I don't know if the game will survive.