Iron Stars & New Blackrock Orc

Story Forum
I can't wait to see the War Gronn we brought back from Draenor in action as well. Imagine seeing a whole line of them bombarding Alliance forces with cannon fire!

It would be a sight to behold, that's for sure!
10/03/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Xanthine
So wait. we fought the iron horde to just absorb it anyways and let them go wild again? Interesting

Gotchu fam.

https://youtu.be/QEJ9HrZq7Ro
What is so special about ironstar tech anyway? Both the Alliance and Horde have tech that far outstrips it
10/03/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Sigmar
What is so special about ironstar tech anyway? Both the Alliance and Horde have tech that far outstrips it
It's surprisingly versatile for one. It can be fired from a cannon or booted up manually. It also functions as both a battering ram and an explosive that can be detonated remotely.

Not to mention it's pretty damn cool watching one barrel through a line of enemy soldiers.
10/03/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Arlifrex
I would love an industrialized Horde, even if it's more crude than the Alliance, but Blizzard loves sticking to old themes, and the Horde is the #SAVAGE faction.

They're compatible.

Heavy plates, spikes, and meat are an aesthetic, not a reflection of our limits.
10/03/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Valathen
I can't wait to see the War Gronn we brought back from Draenor in action as well. Imagine seeing a whole line of them bombarding Alliance forces with cannon fire!

It would be a sight to behold, that's for sure!

Honestly, I wish we'd done that in Legion. There would have been a certain poetry in using Iron Horde tech to fight the Burning Legion.

It just looks awesome. Same with Gronns with cannons.

And on top of that, nothing evil about them at all.
10/03/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Vreloth
How long until we get a Blight Iron Star?

Blight Iron Juggernaut?

Iron Abominations?

Iron Reaver Flesh Titans???
Azerblight War Machine!
10/02/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Bronnix
Good we should have been using Blackfuse tech long ago. Stupid that the entire underground area of Org is just ignored when we could crank that factory on and start pumping out Iron Juggernauts.
We filled it in with dirt after SoO because that was too much work for Blizz to incorporate into the live game.
10/03/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Remela
I love the idea that the Horde now has Iron Horde tech like the Iron Star, Gronns with cannons on their shoulders, and soon Zandalari dinosaurs. The Horde is looking mighty cool right now. I might cry if I see a battlefield where a t-rex and gronn are charging through an army of alliance soldiers while I’m lighting the fuse to launch an iron star.

So beautiful lol

*Insert Iron Star star sound and Iron Horde Theme at the back*

/shivers
10/03/2018 05:47 AMPosted by Vespero
We're the faction of redemption and poor leadership selection!

Can we get rid of that latter half and focus on the former now please? Redemption stories are more my jam than genocide enabling and MoP retreads

Iron Stars are incredibly powerful because they are, in effect, a new type of engine capable of extreme power, and energy creation that seemed to be powered by some form of elemental energy based on quests.

We’ve seen them as the core tech behind Iron Horde innovations like Trains, Boats, and other war machines. They seem to form a very high degree of combustion energy with less smoke exhaust than other combustion engines.

WoD more or less showed them to be the equal to our combustion engine in terms of supercharging tech advances in the Iron Horde, many such innovations are still ahead of what the Horde and Alliance utilize in day to day operations.
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

KALIMDOR TRANSCONTINENTAL RAILROAD IS COMING BOIS!
10/03/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Kastrieren
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

This what im hoping in the next revamp of the World.

A new rail that passes throug Barrens, South Barrens, reach Mulgore, (first stop) then aaalll the way to Tanaris.

And you CAN travel inside.

10/03/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Korzuk

Iron Stars are incredibly powerful because they are, in effect, a new type of engine capable of extreme power, and energy creation that seemed to be powered by some form of elemental energy based on quests.

We’ve seen them as the core tech behind Iron Horde innovations like Trains, Boats, and other war machines. They seem to form a very high degree of combustion energy with less smoke exhaust than other combustion engines.

WoD more or less showed them to be the equal to our combustion engine in terms of supercharging tech advances in the Iron Horde, many such innovations are still ahead of what the Horde and Alliance utilize in day to day operations.

Yes, you can see the Iron Stars been the main engine of the trains for example, or ships.
They are power generation engine machines. Its a very advanced tech if you ask me. Tech that put the Horde and Alliance in check back in MoP.
I would love an industrialized Horde, even if it's more crude than the Alliance, but Blizzard loves sticking to old themes, and the Horde is the #SAVAGE faction.

While I fully support Goblins, Forsaken, and Mag'har having industrial themes, the Horde itself should not industrialize. Having low-industry is an iconic Horde theme (especially for the founding Orcs/Tauren/Darkspear.) We rely more on beasts of war, shamanistic magic, and raw strength than the Alliance with their gyrocopters and full suits of armor.

One of the things that makes Goblin/Forsaken/Mag'har tech mesh well with the Horde's low-industry identity is the fact that they're visually crude, haphazard, and/or gritty. They don't emit the same sense of polish, eloquence, or wealth that other races' tech does.
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Oh I want this so damn much now.

But yeah I've always wanted to incorporate Blackfuse technology in our Horde. Would sort of almost level the scales in terms of technology (still think intergalactic space lasers are superior but we know they're probably not going to be used).

Also as has been mentioned already in this thread, the potential combo of both giant cannon-wielding gronn and spirit laser devilsaurs brings a tear to my eye.
Siegecrafter Blackfuse says: My legacy... will live on...
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Oh gods yes. Please. Let the Mag’har assets run rampant on Kalimdor, I beg.
I would love it if the horde got their own engineering/alchemy hub. We have 3 alchemist races and 2 engineering races, i would love a laboratory or factory where we build and experiment with new mixtures and machines.

Yes, they do love old themes...but they love anything that feels #metal even more. Does this feel #metal? Yes, it does. I expect to see more of it.