Swtor is better than BFA, Prove me Wrong.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
swtor questing > wow questing by far. I also miss some swtor battlegrounds and space pvp. It was a good game imo.
The only reason I dont play SWTOR is EA.
09/30/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Shovelgirl
Starwars narratives tend to be more regressively interwoven with thinly veiled SJW agendas which are designed to shame, socially engineer against, or otherwise bully customers of certain extremely common races or genders.

Is SWTOR as such? Or is it, for instance, female inclusivity "done right" like BfA is?

Give it a rest.....
09/30/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Cealoth
swtor questing > wow questing by far. I also miss some swtor battlegrounds and space pvp. It was a good game imo.

I miss Huttball (both maps) and Voidstar warzones.
09/30/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Kytte
Looking at all the pvp changes Bioware has done and the amount they have listened to their customers. SWTOR is better than BFA. Prove me Wrong.

Storywise and solo play sure , but other than that nah it's not that great compared to ESO.
Swtor pvp was always more fun to me than wow pvp.
Star Wars: The Old Republic lost my respect for the game when they removed a lot of the functionality and put it behind paywalls. I pre-ordered, beta-tested and all that junk, yet when the game went free-to-play, they put my multi-action bars behind a paywall, along with other things that are pretty standard in all MMOs (i can't really recall just at this moment but i remember the disdain i felt for them when they did it)

These things may have changed since then, but i've never given it another chance after that. And i realize i could just subscribe, but what's the point, all i really liked about it was the story.
SWTOR is the best single player mmo I ever bought. I played it upon release, before it went f2p or whatever it is now. I tried to go back once and I was going to have to prune things I had before I quit... SWTOR has you pay for all sorts of "extra" stuff, just like all f2p mmo's do.

WIth wow I pay 15$ a month (or farm gold and pay nothing) and I get access to 100% of the content for no extra charge.
Swtor made mistake after mistake from the get go. The only things it did right was implementing the talent rows better. Specs still have their skill tree level 1-max. Instead of having it put into a gimmick for 1 xpac. Also abilities weren't removed baseline and made into talents.
Having their arenas be 4v4, and having a role for tanks in pvp.
Lastly swtor get have a couple interesting takes on wow classes.
Looking at all the pvp changes Bioware has done and the amount they have listened to their customers. SWTOR is better than BFA. Prove me Wrong.
swtor died in its first what.. Month? This is the first time I've heard it mentioned by anyone since launch
the heck is swtor? Star wars the old republic?

EA

*drops mic*
09/30/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Oriendaria
the heck is swtor? Star wars the old republic?

Yeah and what's funny is? If you go over to the SWTOR forums? The players talk about how dead TOR is, how it's going to be shut down any day now, how awful the story became, how X, Y and Z are "broken" and BioWare is ignoring the community. Oh and how much better WoW is.

I actually play SWTOR and I have to say...

This couldn't be further from the truth. The only thing it has going for it in the slightest is the story.
09/30/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Skyfury

I actually play SWTOR and I have to say...

This couldn't be further from the truth. The only thing it has going for it in the slightest is the story.

The 1 dev swtor has left is making decent pvp changes. Too bad it took BW too many years for it to matter. Plus original huttball was fun, the quesh hb was trash.
09/30/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Nommi
SWTOR has too many abilities

No they don't

09/30/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Nommi
Can do with some pruning

No
SWTOR was so bad that I quit it after just 2 months of playing and neve came back. plus it took up almost double the space of WoW and it had less content.
09/30/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Cbiscuithunt
swtor died in its first what.. Month? This is the first time I've heard it mentioned by anyone since launch

It was redone a lot about a year ago, I played launch and left it's great now. With sub you get everything.

Raiding is great, space battles, pvp etc
EA went cash shop / microtransactions maybe four years back

FTFY

09/30/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Tymberlea
But they don't have elves

This isn't a bad thing. One could argue WoW has to many elves

09/30/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Minusthemonk
It suffered from the fact that you play THE hero not A hero. An MMO where everyone is playing the same role is kinda odd. Felt odd in Legion too.

The problem is you're not separating story from game play. In game yes you see a lot of "heroes" in both games. From a story/lore stand point, there's only the PC as the hero

09/30/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Riddlius
Yeah ok, SWTOR is nothing but a copy of WOW on a terrible engine.

They all try and copy WoW

09/30/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Truthspeaker
Also felt like there were too few caster classes

You may be happier with more of a high fantasy type game. Nothing in SW lore fits the typical caster

Tried it. Constant loading screens everywhere. Couldn't go more than 100 yards without hitting one.