Swtor is better than BFA, Prove me Wrong.

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 11 Next
09/30/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Mistcat
Vanilla swtor had the best stories. Since then they have gone downhill. 4.0 finally saw them fall right off the cliff.

SWTOR ultimately revealed that Sith Emperor Vitiate's Consume All Life ritual actually consisted of sending the Superweapon Zildrog's Gravestone component to each Star System to consume their Life Force one by one.

Of course Scourge did say that the Star Systems would go out one by one rather than all at once at the beginning so we can't say this wasn't foreshadowed as they clearly planned this out from the beginning.

09/30/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Mistcat
09/30/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Vaedris
Its only better because Revan.

Revan could beat any WoW character.

Swtor absolutely trashed Revan's character. He ended up as a whiny annoyance with a whole xpac built around his midlife crisis.

Bioware derailed Obsidian Entertainment's version of the character you mean. They have no respect for Obsidian Entertainment's big villains(Traya, Sion, Nihilus and super-competent Revan) and thus discard them in favor of their own big villains(such as the Sith Emperor who used a ritual to keep his planet's population in place while his Superweapon devoured them feeding the Emperor in the process).
09/30/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Infernastorm
weapons

You mean the empty shells that have no stats til you add a hilt/barrel, mod and enhancement? Those weapons?

09/30/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Lorsaire
But end of the day, I left SWtOR because of the lack of flight. I came back to WoW because it had it and that fact alone just made the World of Warcraft leaps and bound better than SWtOR.

This has got to be the dumbest reason to play/not play a game
09/30/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Kytte
Looking at all the pvp changes Bioware has done and the amount they have listened to their customers. SWTOR is better than BFA. Prove me Wrong.

Piece of advise OP- this is the GD forums.

Basically, the purpose of these forums is to complain about WoW, to talk about how much WoW sucks, to make posts about how horrible everything in WoW is and how this game is dying/dead and Blizz is putting the nail in the coffin with slaps to the face while the next wow killer is for sure going to end it.

Except for when you do one thing;

Suggest another game is doing something better than WoW, and suddenly this forum becomes the biggest bunch of Blizz fanbois and white knights in the world.
09/30/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Nujelm
09/30/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Camasotz
BfA has trolls that stand upright.
Upright. Trolls.

To be fair, WoW has had those since vanilla. The horde is getting them now though, so that's cool.

When they get up from their chairs, I am pretty sure the general discussion trolls are upright too!
09/30/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Infernastorm
weapons

You mean the empty shells that have no stats til you add a hilt/barrel, mod and enhancement? Those weapons?

I like that aspect of the weapons/armors, as it's a good way to look the way one wants. :p

And really, it's no different than any other game with loot and go for the best.

Not to mention they do have weapons/armors one doesn't have to mod.
09/30/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Brutalistica
09/30/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Kytte
Looking at all the pvp changes Bioware has done and the amount they have listened to their customers. SWTOR is better than BFA. Prove me Wrong.

Storywise and solo play sure , but other than that nah it's not that great compared to ESO.

Loved ESO till they level scaled it. Kills progression
09/30/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Velara
09/30/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Brutalistica

Storywise and solo play sure , but other than that nah it's not that great compared to ESO.

Loved ESO till they level scaled it. Kills progression

What?!?! they level scaled ESO too? dang, one more MMO i cant go to... guess its swtor or lotro.
This thread cracks me up. SWTOR is dead. It's literally in maintenance mode, though some of the current players deny it. Content trickles out and the current lead producer is out of touch (though to be fair he isn't actively trying to kill the game, like the last one was).

PvP in SWTOR is laughably bad. They might have fixed a bit of it. No one is left to care.

RNG in 5.0's Galactic Command system killed both PvP gearing and PvE fun.

It's truly sad because the 1-50 class stories in that game remain one of the best single player experiences ever made.

But the endgame, which I define as starting when you finish Ziost and all through KotFE/ET, is awful.

Don't believe me? It's free. Roll a character over there. You will *love* the game 0-50. Seriously, everyone should try this, it's great. Then when you get to the end of the F2P levels sub for a month if you like it. But other than story, it will take you a total of about one to two days /played to hit max level on a toon (not exaggerating, I routinely did this) and then... whelp time to level another toon I guess.

Player base is stagnant, content trickles out, and while it's Bioware so the story and companions are awesome, the endgame just isn't there.

I'm still Preferred level over there and log in occasionally, but it's a dead shell of what it used to be.
Idk man I can pick up wild animal poop in wow for gold so kinda hard to beat that
Nightmare mode raiding is great, weekly planetary conquest vs other guilds is fun. World bosses, pvp so on and so forth.

If you think it's a solo game you missed half the content, the best half.

Like most f2p not subbing gives you crap just sub and go to town.
09/30/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Crippey
Nightmare mode raiding is great, weekly planetary conquest vs other guilds is fun. World bosses, pvp so on and so forth.

I subbed for years and disagree with more or less everything you said, especially PvP, which is LOLworthy.

Unless your idea of good PvP is Jedi and Sith melee classes wailing on each other with lightsabers that hit like wet noodles, with pathetic damage output, who can be trivially one-shot by Greedo. Great system you got there.
09/30/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Raspir

09/30/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Truthspeaker
Also felt like there were too few caster classes

You may be happier with more of a high fantasy type game. Nothing in SW lore fits the typical caster

It wasn't just the lack of ranged magic classes for me; it was the lack of class variety and diversity in general. I get that the available classes make sense for the WoW 'verse, but that's a big part of what didn't appeal to me and caused me to loose interest.

I'm a WoW altoholic. I don't like the way The Powers That Be at Blizzard seem determined to homogenize all of the classes, but it still feels like there are more options than there were when I played SWTOR. I also like having lots of spells and abilities and buttons to push and iirc, SWTOR had a lot less of that than WoW. Just my personal preferences. :)
09/30/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Yrimi

I subbed for years and disagree with more or less everything you said, especially PvP, which is LOLworthy.

Unless your idea of good PvP is Jedi and Sith melee classes wailing on each other with lightsabers that hit like wet noodles, with pathetic damage output, who can be trivially one-shot by Greedo. Great system you got there.

Huttball beats any BG ever in WoW.
If you were losing to snipers as a Mara, jugg, or sin. That says the sniper was better than you or you were just bad.

I agree about the group stuff being good, the problem though is- when most of the best stuff to do at endgame is hardcore guild stuff, and it's a game that's been bleeding subs... you probably can't do that stuff. Result being- it's a nice endgame that nobody can do, and for most players there's nothing to get you into the game to begin with.

SWTOR's a good enough game, but when the first half of the game is solo friendly and the last half isn't you don't have a winning formula. The pvp is fine too... I mean, WoW's pvp is pretty bad so not much to compare to.

Still, content comes out too slow. The game started so great with stories, but it's clear its been abandoned since you get a quarter at best of what WoW is giving you every two years- it needed to keep up its initial pace, but it seemed EA wasn't willing to commit to doing so and thought it could just be made, end up a cash cow and be mostly forgotten and people would just play it forever if they made minimal additions.
09/30/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Yrimi

The melee classes have long been the strongest in pvp in the game, almost for the entire time its been out- not sure you've actually pvp'd in the game with good gear because you're straight up wrong.

The game does have a heavy reliance on gear- and as most classes you will be destroyed if poorly geared, but that's also part of WoW too, and some consider that a good thing.

Frankly, while balance has had some weak spots- compared to WoW SWTOR is an example of pvp done right both with better balance and definitely with superior maps.
Prove you wrong? Ok.

Their "expansions" (or in this case patches) come out and have
enough story to last even casual players a few hours of patch day.
Once you do all the content within one day. You then wait
over a month for them to add in the next part of the story with
another less than a day of content. Then, once you are done
with that part of the story after 2-6 hours of play, depending on
your speed. You then wait another few months for the next part.

The last patch to add in more of the "expansion" story, that I went
through. On patch day, I finished it in four hours. Then had to
wait about three months for more of the story to play through.

In other words. In the time it took the first to 120, to hit 120
in BFA (5 hours). The slower players would have finished the
entire part of the story, and all content with it, in the latest patch on SWTOR.
WoW does endgame raiding/mythic+ better than TOR.

TOR beats it at everything else, in my opinion.
* better class balance
* better pvp
* strongholds
* a questing/levelling experience that no other MMO even comes close to
* cartel market/microtransactions far superior to WoW's
* free to play options that don't cap out at level 20

I guess we can count in WoW's favour that their races are more unique, having their own skeletons and animations, whereas in TOR they all share one "body" with different skins and face options.

If TOR's launch hadn't been so miserable with such an un-finished product being pushed on us, they might've overtaken WoW. Too many people were soured by its launch to give it a try years later when it was worth playing.
09/30/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Aysiah
WoW does endgame raiding/mythic+ better than TOR.

TOR beats it at everything else, in my opinion.
* better class balance
* better pvp
* strongholds
* a questing/levelling experience that no other MMO even comes close to
* cartel market/microtransactions far superior to WoW's
* free to play options that don't cap out at level 20

I guess we can count in WoW's favour that their races are more unique, having their own skeletons and animations, whereas in TOR they all share one "body" with different skins and face options.

If TOR's launch hadn't been so miserable with such an un-finished product being pushed on us, they might've overtaken WoW. Too many people were soured by its launch to give it a try years later when it was worth playing.

I loved TOR so much when it first came out, I was genuinely excited to try everything out, the music and sound effects were great, story great, classes and animations great, but the HeroEngine, zomg that single handedly killed it for me.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Huttball beats any BG ever in WoW.
If you were losing to snipers as a Mara, jugg, or sin. That says the sniper was better than you or you were just bad.

Huttball, Especially Quesh, is nearly universally loathed by the PvP player base, with a few die hard fans.

And based on your sniper comment you clearly did not PvP in 5.1 or later, unless things have changed relatively recently. Or if you did, you rolled sniper/slinger :)

09/30/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Laurethelas

The melee classes have long been the strongest in pvp in the game, almost for the entire time its been out- not sure you've actually pvp'd in the game with good gear because you're straight up wrong.

If you were actually playing over the last couple years (which I believe you were, but just saying...), then you know that sniper/slinger became heavily OP in 5.1 or 5.2 (I forget). Yeah, Maras and Juggs (especially skank, though that is being fixed now) have been strong. 'Sin was super strong until the nerfbat came. But Snipers were ridiculous for at least several patches and may still be. I am honestly not sure, it's been a few months since I seriously PvPed in SWTOR.

And then there were the invincible Mercs that lasted for a few patches.

I played all the classes, both sides. I actually love the game. But polishing up its PvP poop helps no one. In my opinion, especially around gearing, it's not very good. Let's not forget how it more or less institutionalized win-trading as well, the problem being so bad that the devs (who habitually ignored the PvP community for years) finally got involved.

Maps are great though yeah, especially AHG and ACW.

The sad thing: back when Expertise was a thing, and PvP vendors just sold the gear, it was *much better*. 5.0's Galactic Command RNG crate system ruined a lot.
To follow up, one thing that SWTOR does have that is super fun and WoW has nothing at all like is GSF. It has (or had) a super steep learning curve, but once you got into it it was both fun and rewarding.

I really wanted its normal PvP to be fixed. I admit to being ignorant of the current meta, it’s been a few months. But last I was seriously in to it, GC/CXP RNG had severely hurt it along with lots of other things in the game.

But man, that game was amazing for questing and story. I kind of want to go level another warrior just posting about it. It’s that good.