Party frames and macro question for resto

Druid
I’m working on getting my resto spec in order again (after being gone since wrath). I used heal matrix once upon a time and I’m attempting something similar.

I read that the default raid ui is decent but I didn’t see any easy way to set it up/move it around without being in a raid.

I downloaded grid2 and clique (i think thats how they spelled it) so I can mouse over party/raid members and bound various mouse keys to my heals/buffs/cure as this was my set up once upon a long time ago.

My issue is grid2 displays my hots with a countdown number but with rejuvenation speced so I can cast it twice on same target I find that grid2 only refreshes the time rather than applying a second number, as well as not showing other hots like wild growth.

So my question, is there a good/popular mod that gives me hot timers (and ideally dispellable effects) on party/raid frames without the clutter of other buffs?

I really don’t like whole UI overhauls like elvui but more just want a second set of party/raid frames I can put center screen. So ideally I want both standard raid frames and then something like grid2 but with better hot display. I’m open to suggestions if anyone knows a mod that might fit the bill or just has one they swear by.

Ok sorry I’m long winded, now on to question number two. This is a macro question (Maybe I should start a new topic for this but instead I’m adding to my novel)

I’m using mouseover macros for world (and maybe some light pvp) healing. I had it set up to heal the mouseover and if not over anyone self cast.

However I found that for world healing trying to mouseover a dps that is running over, under, around, and through mobs is near impossible. So i took off the self cast part so if I’m not mouse over someone it will cast on my target rather than on me.

My question, is there a way to macro a heal so I can mouseover target and cast, then if no mouseover carst on my target, and then if no mouseover and no target it will self cast? (I’m aware there is a self cast key but I’m attempting to avoid it). I know there is not a cast @target option so this may not be possible.
10/03/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Bozo
So my question, is there a good/popular mod that gives me hot timers (and ideally dispellable effects) on party/raid frames without the clutter of other buffs?

ElvUI, but since you don't like it, try Shadow Unit Frames.
I was skeptical with ElvUI, but after I got used to it, I seriously fell in love with it.
I use standard raid frame and big debuffs. It can increase the amount of buffs and debuffs, and their sizes and show what kind of debuffs you want
i need a raid to test it but can you move the default raid frames around? I want them center screen and not at the top left.

I actually had Shadow unit frames loaded when I was working on my tank, but i turned it off because despite the settings I could not get the “middle resource bar” to show (the one that comes up in combat).

The main reason I turned it off is I’m using (and loving) threat plates to take care of heath bar visuals

Idealy I want something that only mods the raid/party frames and nothing else (I relize some stuff can be turned off to achive this).

If i can move standard frames maybe big buffs could be an option
Ya bro you can move them , click unlock frames when you hit th little arrow on the left side . You can put them most places like addons. U can adjust the width and height in the settings . And also when you unlock them you will see 2 little arrows on the raid frames . You can drag this out and play with the customization in settings .

I either use my frames on the left hand side right next to my character , or underneath it where the cast bar is .

Then I use KUI nameplates for above the characters

Also , invite a friend to group , and convert party frames to raid frames . This way you can test it without a giant raid . Or hop in LFR real quick , lots of time to play around in there

And to the question about macros , I use mouse over macros on everything . Don’t have the missing target part , but for sure there is a way . I’ll check it out
10/03/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Bozo
My question, is there a way to macro a heal so I can mouseover target and cast, then if no mouseover carst on my target, and then if no mouseover and no target it will self cast? (I’m aware there is a self cast key but I’m attempting to avoid it). I know there is not a cast @target option so this may not be possible.

I have all my keys bound for 2 abilities with an alt modifier. Here's an example for Switmend/Nature's Cure:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead,nomod:alt] Swiftmend; [help,nodead,nomod:alt] Swiftmend; [@mouseover,help,nodead,mod:alt] Nature's Cure; [help,nodead,mod:alt] Nature's Cure; [nomod:alt] Swiftmend; [mod:alt] Nature's Cure

Edit: this macro assumes you have the auto self cast option enabled.
So you can use one button space to act as the cast and the alt cast, I like it.

I think i follow whats going on, so will this cast spell on current selected target if there is not a mouseover target, and then because of the self cast option cast on self if there is no mouseover or selected target?

*edit on a side note i currently have a very similar macro for thouse two exzact spells but it requires two bar slots to achive currently
Ok next question. I have the default raid frames and while they show incoming heals, it only shows up to three. I want it to show all my incoming heals, but I'm not sure this is possible. So I guess i need a mod that can actually display all the hots I'm casting.

I assume there is a mod that can do this?

*edit Posted this a bit to soon as I found a feature in Big Debuffs that increases the number from 3 to 6 for the time being this will work me thinks.
Honestly, even though you mentioned you don't like full UI addons, ElvUI literally does everything you are listing by default.

It tracks your lifebloom, rej, regrowth, shroom, barksin, everything.
It also shows incoming heals by predicting the amount healed on the unitframe/HP bar, from all incoming sources. Including HOTs and people casting heals at you.

If you need help setting it up, there are hundreds of guides to help you. Alternatively, I would be happy to help you set up your interface.
I prefer the default blizzard UI it has a lot of options and it's very good for tracking Hots.
if you want to mess with your frames while you're not in a group queue for Proving Grounds. it'll bring your frames up and you have the Privacy to try out new stuff while you're in there without anybody judging what you doing.
10/03/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Bozo
so will this cast spell on current selected target if there is not a mouseover target, and then because of the self cast option cast on self if there is no mouseover or selected target?
Yep