My cancellation feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
10/03/2018 01:40 PMPosted by First
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No one cares.

You do.
Clearly enough to reply on EVERY. SINGLE. cancellation thread that's posted.

Which reeks more of a pathetic desperation, rather than the casual indifference you are trying so hard to project.
^so much this

10/03/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Goodguygreg
They removed the feedback option from the unsub page... LOL
Happened late in Legion iirc, round the time they finally released pathfinder p2, then the last no-fly area four months later. Not sure what the patch number for it was.
yeah, i got a few days left myself. Given the heavy sjw feel of this one, I think they hired a bunch of check marks instead of qualified people. Literally everything is buggy or very poorly implemented. Just how assasins creed is getting more and more buggy. Idk, just my take on things as I see them.
10/03/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Warchant
There are some great fixes proposed by youtubers but from what I read the devs think that minor changes and nerfs will fix it.

Mmm..not so much that -- Azerite is a core system that simply cannot receive major changes post-production. They're stuck working with what they got. (I hate Azerite armor too.)

Hopefully you give 9.0 a look in the future and maybe it's something you'll enjoy.

Reported yet again for trolling and white knighting for blizzard.
10/03/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Alcaris
10/03/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Cyouskin
It's cliché, but the next expansion will fix it, because it's an expansion-level screw up.
People won't like this but it's 100% true. It's an integral part of the ex-pac it would take A LOT of work to remove and replace it at this point, and they would have to pull people away from the development of the next ex-pac to do it. It sucks but sometimes when something is this deeply flawed all you can do is let it die and focus on moving forward. Best we can hope for is the dev team will learn from this and not make similar mistakes in the future. Call me salty but I have little to no confidence that they won't.

It all comes down to money. If they lose too many subs, they won’t be able to use that revenue to fund the development, and borrowing from other titles to fund anything WOW is bad for business. I can’t believe they’re swimming in money because of WoW. They always imply that they’re understaffed.

They better pay some people to come up with something. Between cancerite gear and scaling, the game is an offensive abomination compared to what it was.
Am I the only person who really liked Legendaries? They were fun to get, had some awesome abilities and really helped your class if you managed to get the ones that worked best for you. Did Blizzard think they were a bad idea, is that why they weren't used in this expansion?

Could their being used in BfA be any worse than Azerite gear?
10/03/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Bláys
10/03/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Alcaris
... People won't like this but it's 100% true. It's an integral part of the ex-pac it would take A LOT of work to remove and replace it at this point, and they would have to pull people away from the development of the next ex-pac to do it. It sucks but sometimes when something is this deeply flawed all you can do is let it die and focus on moving forward. Best we can hope for is the dev team will learn from this and not make similar mistakes in the future. Call me salty but I have little to no confidence that they won't.

It all comes down to money. If they lose too many subs, they won’t be able to use that revenue to fund the development, and borrowing from other titles to fund anything WOW is bad for business. I can’t believe they’re swimming in money because of WoW. They always imply that they’re understaffed.

They better pay some people to come up with something. Between cancerite gear and scaling, the game is an offensive abomination compared to what it was.
Oh there is def gonna be fallout. Maybe this will be the wake-up call the devs need to realize they should listen to feed back before things get this bad. I'm not gonna hold my breath TBH but I've been pleasantly surprised before.
Choosing between:

1)random damage proc, but we won't tell you how often
2)Specific and predictable damage proc, under restricted conditions
3)locked until you swap specs
4)locked until you swap specs

Is really stupid. I can't figure out what's more helpful, and choosing between damage and other damage really doesn't feel like it's changing anything. Then the inner slots don't change by spec, and the numbers seem a little....tepid, tbh.

IMO, just make the outer ring a secondary stat choice(big enough to be impactful), the second ring a utility choice (ie speed, indestructible, a gem slot), third ring an offense/defense option, and the final ring can remain as a straight power bump.
10/03/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Monkeymagick
As with many others, since we can't leave cancellation feedback on battlenet I will leave this here. I returned to the game after a 7 year layoff out of excitement for BFA (great marketing). I've been back for 5 months and played through the legion content and went back and enjoyed Draenor and Pandoria.
Sadly BFA really misses the mark for me on a lot of levels but the #1 issue I have that I can't see Blizzard fixing is Azorite armor. IMHO the fix should be to get rid of it and let the neck be the only thing affected by Azorite but this will never happen. There are some great fixes proposed by youtubers but from what I read the devs think that minor changes and nerfs will fix it.
I'll enjoy my last 24 days and move on.

No one cares.

I care - I'm really sad to see another player gone. You will be too once the game is on the scrap-pile and only 3 servers left because everyone quit. I've seen it happen to a lot of games that thought they were indestructible.
10/03/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Mingz
You can't report someone for saying something you don't like, I would recommend talking about why you disagree instead.
There are some great fixes proposed by youtubers but from what I read the devs think that minor changes and nerfs will fix it.

Mmm..not so much that -- Azerite is a core system that simply cannot receive major changes post-production. They're stuck working with what they got. (I hate Azerite armor too.)

Hopefully you give 9.0 a look in the future and maybe it's something you'll enjoy.

Side-note: Youtubers rarely have "the right idea" -- though, many have good ideas. Scrapping Azerite armor is not the "right" idea, but it's certainly a good one. It's cliché, but the next expansion will fix it, because it's an expansion-level screw up.

Ruining the game for 2 years seems like a pretty catastrophic consequence that can't be brushed off with "oh just wait for 9.0".
1.5 years of sub money is at stake.
10/03/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Cyouskin
10/03/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Careyna
Not sure why we as a community need to accept your stuck with this for years approach.

Not suggesting that. As someone who has been doing exhaustive feedback for most of WoW's lifetime, you learn some things about how it "really works" in Irvine. I'm just hoping to steer the discussion away from "scrap it" because "scrap it" is simply not an option. Steering the discussion on improving the current system as much as possible is literally the only route that will influence actual changes.

I can’t speak for Blizzards operation but I work as a product designer on a product that serves billions of people. From my own personal experience sometimes product features do not workout as intended and instead of digging in and telling people they are wrong I try to accept feedback / metrics and try to make improvements that help the situation. Sometimes that can be literally doing nothing to see if people’s perspective changes over time. I remember when Facebook Newsfeed launched everyone hated it said it would kill Facebook, yet it’s now a accepted part of the product that users know and love. So I empathize with where you are coming from.

I disagree that scrap it is not a valid piece of feedback as it shows displeasure with the current system. I’d also say “scrap it” on its own provideds little to no feedback for the design team to understand the underlying game design flaws or friction for the users. Like yourself I would encourage users to provide thoughtful rational for their displeasure as it creates a much more useful feedback loop for the team. I.e. too much grinding, too restrictive, no visual HOA leveling feedback, upgrades not being upgrades due to needing high HOA level, etc.

Where I fundamentally disagree once again is the approach that we must make something work. Sometimes systems are so flawed you need to remove them even if that comes at a cost. Do I think that’s realistic in this case probably not as it would require a rework of the entire rewards system, and progression gating. I do think they could make some quick adjustments that would negate a lot of the pain points. I.e. reduce respec cost to 1g or something trival allowing for players to explore other specs without feeling overwhelmed, rebalance items to be clear upgrades even with traits unlocked, lower the amount of AP needed for each level to help people feel caught up and ready for gear (they are already doing this), are just a few solutions off the top of my head.

Either way I appreciate your goal and also encourage players to provide more useful and constructy feedback. Sorry for the novella response I just have a lot of strong feelings about product / game design in general, especially for a game I’ve been playing since launch.

Whiting knighting for blizzard is reportable ???
Side-note: Youtubers rarely have "the right idea" -- though, many have good ideas.

Jeff Kaplan and Alex Afrasiabi were hired by Blizzard to develop WoW after blogging about the various issues in EQ and what they would change in order to solve them. Perhaps they should be listening to the youtubers.
Mmm..not so much that -- Azerite is a core system that simply cannot receive major changes post-production.

Changes need to happen that would make the Azerite system more consistent and less restrictive. I don't think the adjective we use to describe those changes are significant right now, most people would be happy to just see the developers working towards a common goal.

Side-note: Youtubers rarely have "the right idea" -- though, many have good ideas.

This just seems like a bitter generalization. At least Youtubers realize the system is busted and have ideas.

____

Side - note: Youtubers have next to zero power in this situation, but at least they aren't holding on to all of it (Developers) saying things like "we realize the system's not the greatest, but we're stuck with it", or "it's too late to change it", etc.

10/03/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Dissuade

wow. that sucks

If it makes you feel any better, the green text means nothing and the person is not a developer, does not represent Activision Blizzard, and cannot make decisions for the game. They're just echoing whatever the latest tidbit from a blue post is.

no. no, i dont because thats why Lore is being dragged over hot coals on the forums right now.

I don't consider his response either trolling or white knighting, he is simply speaking the truth.

Azerite armor is ingrained in just about every single part of this xpac, there is no way they are going to simply remove it, or make any ground breaking changes to it.

I am not a huge fan of it myself, but I do realize that the system is here for the duration of BfA, like it or not. Hopefully they will be able to tweak it enough that it is at least less unenjoyable, but it isn't going anywhere until we see the next xpac.

Side-note: Youtubers rarely have "the right idea" -- though, many have good ideas. Scrapping Azerite armor is not the "right" idea, but it's certainly a good one. It's cliché, but the next expansion will fix it, because it's an expansion-level screw up.

LOL you're hilarious. Scrapping azerite armor IS a perfect idea. Why? Because it is a complete garbage system with horrible talents and complete imbalance. Yeah they should totally leave it in since we all know they will balance it right out...just like they will make sure classes don't have mechanical or rotational issues BEFORE the launch of an expansion...right...wait...
10/03/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Mistwynd
I agree the azerite system sucks.

I also agree it would have been much more fun to just have the neck work like the Legion artifact with its own talent tree and AP.

That said, Blizzard is NOT going to remove Azerite armor mid-BFA. Nor should they.... Doing so would upend too many things.

Each expansion Blizzard tries new things in the game. This is good as it's the new stuff that keeps the game fresh. Unfortunately, sometimes they miss the mark and a new feature sucks. Such is the case with azerite armor.

I expect that in the next expansion, Blizz will ditch the azerite armor concept as a failed feature.

Did they really try doing new things here? IMO very little new conceptionally. Islands and warfronts. Both are boring. Everything else is old based on old concepts.
I don't mind in depth customization, extra skill tree's, etc, it makes the game feel more open for me to create the play style i wish. HOWEVER only 10% of the traits actually do anything noticeable and with some classes/specs some of them can be abysmal, especially higher level pieces.

It's the fact that they meta the hell out of traits rather than making them all as valuable as each other and the traits on the piece of for the most part just end up being luck of the draw, or not draw-able at all in the case that the dungeon/raid gear does not have the traits you wish.

The system is a little grindy but the ideology around giving us new skill tree's to landscape our playstyle with but to make a minimal amount viable / available and refine us to using a low amount and just giving some specs absolutely useless ones is what perturbs me the most since it defies the whole idea of the system.

[/quote]

Blizzard has figured out how to streamline changing almost every other process. Now would be good time for them to figure out how to gut core features post
Production.
10/03/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Cyouskin
10/03/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Careyna
Not sure why we as a community need to accept your stuck with this for years approach.

Not suggesting that. As someone who has been doing exhaustive feedback for most of WoW's lifetime, you learn some things about how it "really works" in Irvine. I'm just hoping to steer the discussion away from "scrap it" because "scrap it" is simply not an option. Steering the discussion on improving the current system as much as possible is literally the only route that will influence actual changes.

Scrap it IS an options. It is just not one it seems blizzard wants to do as they keep insinuating by telling people its a numeric problem and delivery problem. From that perspective it would mean it would take 2-3 patch cycles to come up with a fundamental change to the system of course this was something that seem to have been pointied out far sooner than release.

If the goal is to wait till 9.0 because reasons, the whole system needs to be looked at differently. The outer rings should have the least impact on game play while the center should basically be a gold trait adding an ability to your bar almost. As you move into that center they should be helping your spec more and have more play.