WW Azerite Trait's 8.1?

Monk
Why not give us something base like Fury of Xuen, instead of making it a flippin azerite trait?? Mostly speaking from a pvp perspective anyway, but some extra damage would be nice in the form of talents, not traits.

NEW Monk Dance of Chi-Ji Spending Chi has a chance to make your next Spinning Crane Kick free and deal 1415 additional damage.

NEW Monk Fury of Xuen Your Combo Strikes grant you the Fury of Xuen, giving your next Fists of Fury a 3% chance to grant 130 Haste and invoke Xuen, The White Tiger for 8 sec. Stacks up to 33 times.

Found on:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287643/patch-8-1-build-27985-achievements-and-class-updates
Not speaking on pvp but pve Fury of Xuen seems fun, doesn't really change up the rotation at all but always fun seeing the tiger around.

I wonder if you can have 2 out at once now.
10/03/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Shanlie
NEW Monk Fury of Xuen Your Combo Strikes grant you the Fury of Xuen, giving your next Fists of Fury a 3% chance to grant 130 Haste and invoke Xuen, The White Tiger for 8 sec. Stacks up to 33 times.

While I hate that it has haste, the trait itself looks like it could be nice. I really want to know what stacks though, the haste buff and the % chance for xuen or only the haste, or only the % for xuen.

If its just always a 3% chance for xuen I likely wouldn't use it.
that actually sounds like a good dps boost tbh
10/03/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Vlorax
I wonder if you can have 2 out at once now.

You can have two active now with the Xuen pvp trait, no reason the trait would be any different.
So you could potentially have 3 active for a brief period of time?
A trait that reduces the energy cost of Tiger Palm by 5 would still be infinitely more useful and desirable than any of these.

Honestly, the Chi-Ji one just feels like blizz's attempt to make WW's AoE better even though they could accomplished this easily by rolling back the nerf to FoF cleave or rolling back the nerf to MotC stacks. I get that it's supposed to "give us more resources" in the form of free SCKs, but we have to burn Chi and Energy to do so. I would rather just have our Legion cleave/AoE back and kill M+10 mass pulled trash packs in less than 10 seconds.

The Fury of Xuen trait feels like a poor attempt to fix WW's energy problem even though blizzard could have created some simple trait like the one I mentioned above or they could have just reduced the cost of Tiger Palm to make the spec objectively better. It also feels like a really sorry attempt to reboot our PvP "talent" Tiger Style which is a pile of garbage too. Blizzard honestly could have just put Emperor's Capacitator's effect as the new Azerite trait and it would be better because it helps with our energy problem by giving us some charge time and because it was a decent bonus effect that pushed the use of an ability we almost never use in Cracking Jade Lightning.

Hopefully these get a rework or are scrapped before 8.1 goes live. I'd rather have no new traits than get 2 new crap ones that i don't want to see to add to the pool of already disappointing traits.
this is pretty sad trash if this is all were getting.
10/04/2018 04:07 AMPosted by Yangxiaolóng
Hopefully these get a rework or are scrapped before 8.1 goes live. I'd rather have no new traits than get 2 new crap ones that i don't want to see to add to the pool of already disappointing traits.

Those two show up at least on wowhead as being tier 4 azerite traits which makes me think we may get another azerite trait ring to gear at some specific base ilvl. If that is the case then they won't be that bad, out of the two I'd like just choose the chi-ji one.
The fury one is going to be amazing in PvE. Can't really speak for (and don't really care about) PvP though.
sounds disapointing but might be ok we will see how the new system looks
10/06/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Flashelas
The fury one is going to be amazing in PvE. Can't really speak for (and don't really care about) PvP though.

I think the fury one will end up being rather meh though due to the 3% proc chance on Xuen. Unless that also stacks with the 33 stacks of whatever the buff it gives is called, then it could be good I guess. Else I think the SCK trait may end up being better at least for general use/aow, with the low proc chance of xuen I'm not sure how big of an increase it would be for single target.
I’m guessing the way it works is for each combo strike you get 3% chance too do the summon, so it would possibly stack up to 99%. It might be pretty good. It would be super good if they gave us fist stun and we were stunning manz and xuen was popping out. But who knows. guna have to try it
10/06/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Ék
10/06/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Flashelas

I think the fury one will end up being rather meh though due to the 3% proc chance on Xuen. Unless that also stacks with the 33 stacks of whatever the buff it gives is called, then it could be good I guess. Else I think the SCK trait may end up being better at least for general use/aow, with the low proc chance of xuen I'm not sure how big of an increase it would be for single target.

By my reading the proc chance should stack too. I agree though, if it's a flat 3% then it's bad.
10/07/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Flashelas
10/06/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Ék

By my reading the proc chance should stack too. I agree though, if it's a flat 3% then it's bad.

Yeah, to me it sort of reads that way to me as well. But it also doesn't flat out say it so I'm wondering if that isn't the case, what with how mostly the only thing stacking with the traits is either damage/stat gains (with the other things like cooldown reductions and the like not stacking). Though those traits don't have a stack related thing to them so maybe it will stack (I wish the description was less vague on whether or not it stacks).