help

UI and Macro
so what is wrong with these they does not work?

/castsequence [targetparty]! Greater Blessing of Wisdom, Blessing of Kings

/castsequence [targetplayer]! Greater Blessing of Wisdom, Blessing of Kings
10/04/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Oldmanhunter
so what is wrong with these they does not work?

/castsequence [targetparty]! Greater Blessing of Wisdom, Blessing of Kings

/castsequence [targetplayer]! Greater Blessing of Wisdom, Blessing of Kings
Well the first thing that comes to mind is that Oldmanhunter isn't a Retribution Paladin and those abilities are limited to Retribution Paladins.

The second is that [targetparty] isn't a valid condition.

The third is that I'm not absolutely positive you can put a space between the 'no toggle' indicator (the !) and the spell/ability it's supposed to stop from toggling.

The fourth is that I'm not sure that even if that works, that Cast Sequence can handle a "not cast" as having satisfied the need to cast that particular spell in the sequence (!Stealth works the same as [nostealth]Stealth - and conditions aren't allowed on a per-spell level - that mechanism may be at play behind the scenes).

The fifth is that Karma is probably telling you NOT to try to use cast sequence in ANY tactical macros - it is always, always, always going to result in a net loss of effectiveness. They break. When they do break, you need access (in your UI) to the same abilities that they sequence. If you need access to those and the muscle memory to use those effectively, and you need them in your UI anyway, there is just no point in messing with them.
/castsequence Greater Blessing of Wisdom, Blessing of Kings
10/04/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Ehiztari
The third is that I'm not absolutely positive you can put a space between the 'no toggle' indicator (the !) and the spell/ability it's supposed to stop from toggling.
This is inaccurate.

/cast !Spell means "Cast this spell, always toggling the effect on, regardless of current state".

/cast [nostealth]Stealth means "Cast Stealth if and only if not already stealthed.
He's saying that
This is ok
/cast !Spell

These are not ok
/cast ! Spell
This space breaks it

And the ! Can't work in the castsequence
/castsequence ! Spell1, Spell2
I have a level 120 Retribution Paladin. and thanks a lot of good info here.
10/05/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Adreaver
10/04/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Ehiztari
This is inaccurate.

/cast !Spell means "Cast this spell, always toggling the effect on, regardless of current state".

/cast [nostealth]Stealth means "Cast Stealth if and only if not already stealthed.
I don't rogue much and then not in the open world (I took a boosted rogue to 103 in Legion and then to 110 never leaving his mission board).

The only !Spell available to me in Legion was Volley and there was no conditional for that so there was no equivalence.

There are a number of posts about [stealth] and !Stealth and I'm pretty sure I got the polarity backwards on how those worked.