Possible New Races

General Discussion
As a Rogue you can get a glyh that lets you copy the model of an NPC you pick pocket.

Vulpera are ready for prime time. Sethrak need a lot of work.
10/05/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Corellon
As a Rogue you can get a glyh that lets you copy the model of an NPC you pick pocket.

Vulpera are ready for prime time. Sethrak need a lot of work.

This is awesome information. Time to pickpocket a Vulpera!
Vulpera are like Goblins. They'll go where it best suits them. They don't actually have loyalties. Every Vulpera you rescue as a Horde in Vol'dun asks you what's in it for you then runs off, or tells you they owe you one. They don't really just thank you because they're your friend/ally. They don't see you as one.

They haven't formally met the Alliance yet, and I think that's on purpose. In fact, all Vulpera NPCs are unfriendly with Alliance, not hated. (Except the ones on Pirate crews, but those are even hated with Horde)

I have a feeling Blizzard's going to have the Vulpera meet the Alliance in a future patch, the Vulpera will decide that the Alliance is somehow in their best interest, and the Vulpera will join the Alliance, then the Sethrak joining the Horde.
Nothing about Tortollan strikes me as player-model ready.

Vulpera, on the other hand, I fully expect to become a Horde AR and would be crushingly disappointed if they didn't.

I'm hoping Blizzard has a future patch where the Horde goes into the Voldun underground caverns to fight faithless and liberate Vulpera.
10/05/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Ironwisp
Has the speculation about Mekkatorque bringing Junker Gnomes into alliance been debunked or something? Or is everyone just ignoring it because they don't want them?

Junker gnomes would be another void elf - something made up in a couple minutes to give the Alliance something at all as a counterpart to a Horde allied race.
Has the speculation about Mekkatorque bringing Junker Gnomes into alliance been debunked or something? Or is everyone just ignoring it because they don't want them?

There isn't much interest in garbage gnomes. It'd be a reskin of the least popular classic WoW race.
10/05/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Maizou
I have a feeling Blizzard's going to have the Vulpera meet the Alliance in a future patch, the Vulpera will decide that the Alliance is somehow in their best interest, and the Vulpera will join the Alliance, then the Sethrak joining the Horde.

That would be a 180 of crazy proportions.
I'm cool with turtles, though aren't their skeletons as unique as the Hozen? another race I want but will probably will never get to play.

I also doubt sethrak will be playable and the newest Alliance AR will probably be previewed on patch 8.3.5 like the last one.
10/05/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Fahrenheit
10/05/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Maizou

Which would be different than Nightborne and Highmountain how exactly?
How about San'layn.

-They're easy to make and very powerful

-They fit the current Horde theme easily

-They're edgy enough for Blizzard to love them

-The opinions of people who say we have too many elves already matter even less than that of furries and anime profile pics combined

-Better faction balance as the Horde would finally have vampires vs Alliance's werewolves
10/05/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Maizou
10/05/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Fahrenheit

Which would be different than Nightborne and Highmountain how exactly?

Both those races were friendly with both factions. Both factions could be exalted with them.

To date, Alliance has almost exclusively hostile interactions with Vulpera and doesn’t have any reputation with them. So far it seems almost like Blizzard has gone out of their way to show a severe disconnect between Vulpera and the Alliance.

Now, obviously, anything can happen. Blizzard is on the record as saying the lore behind allied races are flexible if it leads to something cool. But given what we’ve seen so far, it would be a HUGE 180 to people who have been following/data mining information.
10/05/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Darkani
Nobody wants flipping turtles..

Sethrak or riot.

I do! I would not have believed it before playing through Nazmir but I now want them more than practically anything else.
10/05/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Lorithyn
Don't the turtles lack a female model?

Just slap some d-cups on the ones we already have. That'd be enough to please most people.
Sethrak, Vulpera and San'layn are good candidates i feel except i can see some people having issues with Sethrak and armor (mostly helm). Vulpera on the other hand are very likable and i would be bummed if they weren't added.
10/05/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Zeldris
How about San'layn.

-They're easy to make and very powerful

-They fit the current Horde theme easily

-They're edgy enough for Blizzard to love them

-The opinions of people who say we have too many elves already matter even less than that of furries and anime profile pics combined

-Better faction balance as the Horde would finally have vampires vs Alliance's werewolves

yes please. Give me my succ elves

also ogres/mok'nathal for horde and and furbolgs for alliance would be cool
I hope we get undead elves/San'layn. This is the only allied race I truly want. I don't really care about the other allied races that much.
10/05/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Lorithyn
Don't the turtles lack a female model?

Scrollsage Nola is female. Not all races need to be sexually dimorphic.
Moreso the latter. We're trying to forget trash gnomes exist and when theyre mentioned people have a PTSD spasm