Realms going down notice?

Customer Support
1 2 3 7 Next
Just now, I saw the "Realms going down in X" notification in chat, but there is no notice of maintenance or rolling restarts on the Battle.net app and googling does absolutely no good.
It's Wednesday - not the normal scheduled maintenance day.

Where are we informed about this stuff? Cuz I don't see it and Blizzard doesn't seem to be making it obvious.
09/26/2018 04:56 AMPosted by Kasarra
Just now, I saw the "Realms going down in X" notification in chat, but there is no notice of maintenance or rolling restarts on the Battle.net app and googling does absolutely no good.
It's Wednesday - not the normal scheduled maintenance day.

Where are we informed about this stuff? Cuz I don't see it and Blizzard doesn't seem to be making it obvious.
I didn't see one either. This would likely indicate an important patch needed to be applied server-side.
I don't mind it going down...but could we get an idea of how long?
We weren't informed. There was no notice on the launcher, at the login screen, or on the Service Status section of the forums. We also have no indication as to the length.

If I had to guess, and it's just a guess, it might be an important patch designed to fix another bug.
yup no clue here
just went down
lurking for an answer
Must be some urgent maintenance... :(
Would have been nice to know ahead of time..... Why didn't you alert us before you do this so we could be prepared Blizzard?
Wish it was just a restart but it said shutdown, so I guess at least an hour?? ...lets hope not
My milkshake brings all the servers to the yard.
Uther down without warning, can't get back on.
its easier to beg for forgiveness right??
Looks like we got word of this very late last night, sorry folks, sometimes these are scheduled on very short notice.

Looks to be expected to be about an hour.
It's amazing how ineffective so many people and companies are now a days at simple communication. Random shutdowns and no indicator of why or how long = bad. Random shutdowns with message in launcher, on forums and a tweet = good.
Ugh. Who tripped over the power cord this time? You'd think they'd learn to either run them along the wall or at least under the floor where sliding chairs and walking shoes can't kick them.

That, or someone realized they forgot to feed the gerbils--or hamsters--and had to take them off their wheels for a fast lunch break.
09/26/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Orlyia
Looks like we got word of this very late last night, sorry folks, sometimes these are scheduled on very short notice.

Looks to be expected to be about an hour.

thank you for the info
09/26/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Photality
It's amazing how ineffective so many people and companies are now a days at simple communication. Random shutdowns and no indicator of why or how long = bad. Random shutdowns with message in launcher, on forums and a tweet = good.

Oh hush. Your life isn't ruined over this.
So it's been know since late last night there was a issue that need to be fixed yet no one could take the time to make a five second post before they shut the servers down? Makes total sense <.<
there was a reset yesterday what possibly could have not been resolved in that