As a casual player, I'm unsubbing with my friends and here is why

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Not making this a whining post, I like the Dev team - they do a great job. I just think the direction this game is taking is pretty poor. I realize that Blizzard's target audience = casuals, but they missed the mark with us. For my friends that are more serious/competitive, they missed the mark with them as well.

Island expeditions are boring, azerite traits are also boring, warfronts are boring, gated content makes this feel like a mobile game. Dailies are also boring... allied race rep grind is terrible. RNG for loot is absolutely terrible, it sucks so much to spend time in a Mythic + to get nothing at the end of it. We should be rewarded for our in-game time and efforts.

All the classes being pruned means that rotations are boring, there's not enough abilities off of the GCD for this to be fun. Haste needs to be baseline at 15-25% or something, we came from FFXIV and if we wanted to play FFXIV, then we'd go back to it.

As for the PVP, everything seems imbalanced per usual... but we all really miss buying PvP gear with tokens. Their needs to be a Raid/Mythic PvP vendor as well, I know you all think that you artificially inflate game-time through getting rid of this, but really you just frustrate all of us into leaving. If we were relatively geared to the teeth... then we would ALL play alts and do it again, this does not lead to a mass exodus like you think... it looks like this is biting you guys hard.

Anyways, I have just one opinion amongst a sea of many... but I also speak for the 3 close friends that I have that are quitting as well. Thanks for reading this, if you even are.

- Rem
Try to make your points clear and concise.

The developers respond better to actionable feedback.
09/28/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Lokath

My points are clear enough, I'd be happy to break it down for you if English isn't your native language
I'm a casual that doesnt even bother with mythics and hasnt since Dreanor.

I'm not ready to quit yet, but I find myself logging in less and less as time goes by.

I agree with you, Ive done a couple of Island expeditions, and cant really bring myself to even complete the 5 to upgrade my progression. WQs are boring and mostly unrewarding, as are just about all the grinds.

But, you have to remember that as the exp ages, more options become available.

Im gonna wait it out to 8.1 maybe 8.2, I will get it all done eventually.

Just to mention it, I play on someone else's dime; if it weren't for tokens, I wouldn't play.
Vendors in pvp, vendors for m+ to fill in gaps with tokens from doing them. Less rng on rng . Loot one can look at and work towards. Less of a crazy slot machine that requires you to spend more and more time for randomness. Clear?
09/28/2018 08:36 PMPosted by Rêmedi

My points are clear enough, I'd be happy to break it down for you if English isn't your native language

They really aren’t though.

Just saying something is boring and terrible doesn’t explain why.
They messed up big time, no one enjoys WoW in it's current state.

New Player that I tried to get into WoW at BFA launch:

"Whoa Void Elf looks cool why can't I play them?"

"Oh sorry, you have to go to previous content and spend 2 months grinding rep, I know, it's stupid"

"Okay, well how about the Dark Iron Dwarf then?"

"You have to hit max level and spend 2 months grinding rep, yup I know, it's stupid"

"Is there anything I can do without having to spend 2 months grinding rep?"

"uhhh not really"

Hardcore players don't enjoy it because the grind to keep an alt up to par with your main is so hard that you'll get burned out within a month. The new Personal Loot system means they can't use the old tactic of funneling gear to mains through alts anymore either, but they still have to do it for the chance that they can trade it, which means that they have to keep an alt at the same iLvl as their main. While still doing the CoA rep grind, and clearing the map of AP everyday.

The Semi-Hardcore players which I somewhat consider myself to be aren't enjoying it because the grind is awful, time-gated content is awful, the RNG on things like loot makes everyone angry constantly. The fact that if we get something that isn't an upgrade, but is higher iLvl and can't trade it is awful. Forcing the Guild to have "Farming days" because Feasts, flasks, and pre-pots are so damn expensive to make because the mats are too rare that we have to grind it out every week or we would all be broke is just annoying.

And the casuals don't enjoy it because the only things for them to do simply aren't fun. Then on top of that they're not rewarding either. Doing an entire dungeon and not seeing a single item drop is ridiculous. It should be a guaranteed 1 drop with a chance at more. World Quests simply aren't fun, they never were. Islands and Warfronts are also boring. On top of that you can't even get the story without doing a Mythic dungeon.

This expack is just a mess.
[quot="207679780505"]They messed up big time

This expack is just a mess.[/quote]
09/28/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Lokath

Doesn't completely invalidate it though, especially if this appears to be the general consensus. I mean, look at the responses in this thread. Look at the state of GD.

If someone tells you sexual harassment is bad and terrible, would you need an explanation there as well? Don't be so silly.

I think they mean it's better to elaborate on some of the things you said. For example you listed a lot of stuff and just said it is boring. So what makes it boring?
09/28/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Rêmedi

Doesn't completely invalidate it though, especially if this appears to be the general consensus. I mean, look at the responses in this thread. Look at the state of GD.

If someone tells you sexual harassment is bad and terrible, would you need an explanation there as well? Don't be so silly.

People that are enjoying themselves don't rush to the forums to say how awesome the game is. Negativity bias is absolutely a thing in a platform like this.
09/28/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Deadhorse

I think they mean it's better to elaborate on some of the things you said. For example you listed a lot of stuff and just said it is boring. So what makes it boring?

The fact that none of it is fun.

I agree with you, A lot of what you said is sad but true.
But thankfully It doesn't effect me so I don't really care.
09/28/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Rêmedi

So why don't you find it fun?

Simply saying "THIS SUCKS FIX IT" doesn't help. When giving feedback, it has to be clear and specific. Otherwise the devs don't know how to improve it. If they don't change it, then accept that they fundamentally disagree with you, and vote with your wallet.
You are not unsubbing...
Stop thinking about it because you simply can't!
09/28/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Rêmedi

Yeah, that simply isn't helpful here let me help you out.

For me I find islands boring because they are simply small lands packed full of trash mobs and very repetitive encounters. I would like to see more dungeon type bosses and random encounters put into them and the trash reduced.
09/28/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Deadhorse
09/28/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Rêmedi

For me I find islands boring because they are simply small lands packed full of trash mobs and very repetitive encounters. I would like to see more dungeon type bosses and random encounters put into them and the trash reduced.

It's not my job to make Blizzard's game fun for the majority. The fact remains that a majority aren't having fun when it comes to end-game and they can hit the design board to figure out why. All that I'm required to give; if anything, is feedback. Not a solution, that will likely fall upon deaf ears anyways.

He said a lot more than that. I know it's not enough for you, and you expected that he owes you, a total stranger, a tens of thousands of words treatise on everything that is wrong, exactly the ways it is wrong, how it affects the playerbase, and which parts of the playerbase in which ways, and how to fix each problem, right down to writing code ready to implement.

Given that many have listed the same complaints over and over again, you have enough information in the OP's post to understand why he is upset at the game, if you cared, which it is clear you don't, since you are making unreasonable demands on him.

The fact that so many people are bored at this point in the expansion should be a huge red flag to the devs, not a reason to send in people posing as players who can't understand why anyone would be bored and need to have their hands held and their information spoonfed to them.

And even if he didn't understand why he's bored, that still should be a huge red flag, since so many people are saying the same thing, not a reason to mock him or as I said, make unreasonable demands.

Hundreds of "I'm leaving because I'm bored" posts are a huge problem you can't sweep under the door. People play this game to have fun, which is a feeling. Take away that feeling and you have taken away their reason to play the game.
09/28/2018 09:07 PMPosted by Rêmedi
09/28/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Deadhorse

It's not my job to make Blizzard's game fun for the majority. The fact remains that a majority aren't having fun when it comes to end-game and they can hit the design board to figure out why. All that I'm required to give; if anything, is feedback. Not a solution, that will likely fall upon deaf ears anyways.

Then you are part of the problem.

Be part of the solution.