Is 5% more damage going to be enough?

Shaman
We are getting a %5 buff to all enhancement shaman on tuesday. Is that going to be enough to be competitive? I get instant declined when i que quite often, this could be just me or my gear or raider io score or maybe the community asumes we are just a dead class idk. So anyway enough of my whining, Just want some feedback on the 5% all damage buff and if it's nothing to get excited about.
Its a start bro.
Brings enhance up to the middle rather than the bottom. The problem is the top is still 10% ahead of the middle.
09/29/2018 02:35 AMPosted by Suolis
Brings enhance up to the middle rather than the bottom. The problem is the top is still 10% ahead of the middle.

More of a bring the entire bottom up situation.

Shams will still be at the bottom with fire, fury, and feral. But we will all be closer to the top.

Edit: Should mention MM being the exception. They will be rock bottom now.
It's better than nothing but it's not going to address the rotational issues, the mobility issues, and the defensive issues the shaman currently have. Hopefully 8.1 does but other than the talent changes for ele nothings been announced.
no, it's a safe change

but, it's something, that's good

I literally had just prepped my hunter to level to 120 before warfronts ...

this change probably should have come sooner

still, glad to see it, thx

keep iterating bliz, pls
Its a good sign when the dev team moves from “shamans will be too strong one day to make changes” to actually tweaking the dmg now
09/29/2018 06:57 AMPosted by Mùgen
rotational issues, the mobility issues, and the defensive issues

You know, I've seen so many different versions of shaman it's hard for me to judge. Yes the feast/famine aspect of it probably shouldn't involve actually not having any buttons to press because they are all on cooldown ... and that's on top of the primary feast/famine issues. So there's something but that stuff is sometimes hard to pin down - my primary concern is overall performance, at a given ilvl, can I compete? This is a mini-step forward on that, yay?, ok yay!

Mobility? As melee I'm ok I guess, theres GW and no real gap closers like warriors but is that ok? I guess? Depends on damage I guess. For ele ... maybe the same should apply? They did say they were trying to go for something different this time with ele. Something artillery-ish? Sometimes you have to roll with the changes.

I don't know enough about the other classes this time yet to really comment on defensives.

There's a general problem not restricted to shaman this time (this expansion), the things in the talent tree are bigger than they ought to be. With key defensives stuck in the tree. (Original wow had more of a harder core class. Outside of certain key talents that were deep in the trees you could pretty much say that talents, gear (stats), and gear sets were micro tweaks to the core. And people fought, played, and competed very hard for each tiny improvement to their characters.)

time will tell
always knew that instead of actually trying to tweak and fix the shammy specs they just blanket buffs so they can ignore it for a couple more months
09/29/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Irís
always knew that instead of actually trying to tweak and fix the shammy specs they just blanket buffs so they can ignore it for a couple more months

yeah, but depending on how mixed up or just busy they are ... there's still value in that. it's a nice safe step. the only concern I have is that they might not continue to observe and iterate because of other attention draws.
no

and i dont care if its a start we're way to far into the expansion for it to be a "start" being late to the game is NOT a start... its an obvious cash grab or time sink from blizzard screwing with balancing so people keep playing longer by starting and/or stopping playing different classes
If they raid my Maelstrom cap back to Legion I would be very happy.
we need maelstrom gone, 5% is a start, but enh and ele needs rework tbh. Resto is good with some tuning which they are getting buffed, kinda weird since they got nerfed just last week then buffed this weak, so we'll see how that plays out. Main specs suffering are enh and ele though. Both rotations clunky and RNG af. i dont mind RNG, i do mind clunky though.
I'm not a super duper hardcore player??? My raid group is pretty casual.. I've downed a few heroic bosses, most of the Normal bosses.
But in my group, yes, I think 5% is going to be very nice. :)
At this point I'm just glad we can (hopefully) keep up now.

It's still disappointing that our main battle is to be on par with other specs/classes, though.
the 5 % is step in the right diretion ,but the issue is they're on the wrong road with the class.

pve/pvp
ele is a turrent play style where harder/chagllened apect of the game require alot movement

they need to fix pvp aspect of the shaman.
lack of survival
mail armor = worthless .cloth classes seem tanker/ less damage
one defence of cooldown
dps spec shaman heals seem alot weaker then other hybid class counter parts

class is to easy to shut down.
getting a casting a spell off
melee has more gap closer than shaman gap makers
10/01/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Seleuicd
the 5 % is step in the right diretion ,but the issue is they're on the wrong road with the class.

pve/pvp
ele is a turrent play style where harder/chagllened apect of the game require alot movement

they need to fix pvp aspect of the shaman.
lack of survival
mail armor = worthless .cloth classes seem tanker/ less damage
one defence of cooldown
dps spec shaman heals seem alot weaker then other hybid class counter parts

class is to easy to shut down.
getting a casting a spell off
melee has more gap closer than shaman gap makers

what does ele have to do with a 5% increase to all ENH abilities?
09/30/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Jubi
I'm not a super duper hardcore player??? My raid group is pretty casual.. I've downed a few heroic bosses, most of the Normal bosses.
But in my group, yes, I think 5% is going to be very nice. :)

As someone who got sat for heroic G'huun last week while they learned the fight and Mythic Vek the past two nights I don't think 5% is going to be enough. I think it will be a start and hopefully move me away from being a potential DPS liability but most likely not enough.
I like the 5% buff.. im not mythic raider and we just entered heroic but im constantly top 5 some even top 3 DPS in my raid .. will see next week with the buff.. but i think like 90% of specs have high enough ceiling to be competitive
I'm happy we're getting a buff but from a pvp perspective I have a feeling that they're going to inevitably gut our self healing which I really don't want. I'd rather they address the maelstrom and mechanical flaws of the spec but I'll take a bandaid or crutch where I can.