WoW Devs: Pet Bandages Question

Pet Battles
I've looked around and I've seen some suggestions on this issue, and some of them are good. Some not so much, but it's the way of things in all things.

Many of us do a lot of pet battling while we're either leveling pets or trying to capture new ones. For myself, I usually only capture rare ones. Makes it a little more difficult and interesting, rather then just grabbing any old pet I may not already have in my stable.

I also tend to go through some bandages while I'm doing it. Depending on the situation.

I would like to see either tailors being able to create pet bandages, or pet battle masters providing a few each time you beat them on a daily. At least from Legion on down, all pre-BfA. If tailors are creating them, perhaps they could be battle.net account bound or auctionable. If auctionable, people who don't have a tailor would be able to buy what they need.

Either should give us plenty of bandages to do the pet battling we want and love.

If something like this is already in the works, great and thanks!
If not, please consider it, or perhaps another workable solution. Not being able to buy pet bandages at my garrison with the pet charms anymore is a bit of a pain.

Granted, I know you can get some in Pandaria from those pet masters, but having to go back to Pandaria just for bandages, or keep a toon stationed there, again a pain.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully considering.
Have a great day!
I have not had trouble with pet bandages in a while. If you keep doing pet battle stuff you will wind up with more than you can use. I just wish they were not soulbound. That way I could give them to friends who are new collectors. I have 3842 pet bandages rite now. I don't know how I could possibly use them all.
My suggestion would be to remove the soulbound & make it where we can give them away or post them on the AH.

I'm just curious how going back to Pandaria is a pain? There's a portal to the Shrine in Dalaran, it's not like you have to take a boat/zepp or anything off the wall.
Without even looking at the replies, I anticipate that this will likely be the most unpopular suggestion ever to hit this forum.

10/02/2018 01:11 AMPosted by Pixillian
For myself, I usually only capture rare ones.

Your prerogative, certainly, but there is no need for this. Also, the best breeds for any given pet don't come in Rare any more often than other breeds. If you would turn down an uncommon, common or even poor breed of P/P Emperor Crab in favor of a rare H/H version, that's simply ridiculous. It's been my experience that both of them can get the job done, but H/H takes longer. But why refuse to catch the P/P, especially since it can be made Rare with a blue stone?

Makes it a little more difficult and interesting, rather then just grabbing any old pet I may not already have in my stable.

Like there aren't enough headaches in this expansion for pet collectors already.

I also tend to go through some bandages while I'm doing it. Depending on the situation.

Then purchase some with your charms; they're not that expensive. Do World Quests where there's a pet bandage reward. Get yourself the Boon of the Zookeeper shoulder enchant, and collect some from the Pile of Pet Goodies. Do the Pet Dungeons.

There are more than enough ways to get pet bandages. Most of us seasoned pet collectors have far more than we know what to do with. We don't want more pet bandages, or more ways to get some. I have more than I could ever use.

Either should give us plenty of bandages to do the pet battling we want and love.

We already have plenty of bandages, every seasoned pet collector in the game has plenty of bandages.

Granted, I know you can get some in Pandaria from those pet masters, but having to go back to Pandaria just for bandages, or keep a toon stationed there, again a pain.

Use your Dalaran Hearthstone and take the portal. There. You're in Pandaria. Then Hearthstone back home when you're done. There is nothing at all difficult about getting to Pandaria.
"We already have plenty of bandages, every seasoned pet collector in the game has plenty of bandages."

That is great, what about those of us that aren't seasoned? I just started collecting about a month ago. I do the Panda dailies along with the 4 Spirit pet battles, the garrison one, and the Draenor ones. I don't have too many at all. Pretty sure I have 7 right now.
Don't forget the Legion dailies, and if you have a level 120, the Bfa dailies.
Use your 8 minute heal. Use the healer npcs when available, like in your garrison.

Once you get a larger collection, you can swap out low health pets for full health ones, extending your battle time without using a bandage, and waiting for your 8 minute heal to refresh.

You'll gain more bandages over time than you can use. It will take more than a month, though.
10/02/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Spicypickle
"We already have plenty of bandages, every seasoned pet collector in the game has plenty of bandages."

That is great, what about those of us that aren't seasoned? I just started collecting about a month ago. I do the Panda dailies along with the 4 Spirit pet battles, the garrison one, and the Draenor ones. I don't have too many at all. Pretty sure I have 7 right now.

Right now, Nameless Mystic is up on Broken Shore, giving 19 pet bandages as a reward. And in looking at your collection, I see you have the necessary pets to defeat it, as well as give some levels to a carry pet.

You need a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (1, 2, 2) and a Darkmoon Zeppelin (2,2,2), both of which you have, and at max level, plus a carry pet, level one or higher.

Mechanical Pandaren is up first.

Use Breath until Fido dies (usually four breaths).

Next comes Seer's Eye.

Use Thunderbolt first, then Decoy, use Breath, and Thunderbolt if it ever comes off cooldown.

Next comes Flickering Fel.
Use Thunderbolt when off CD, then Breath until Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling dies.

Now bring in Darkmoon Zeppelin (leave the carry pet OUT of this; there is no need to swap the carry pet in at all).

Use Decoy first, then Flyby until Flickering Fel drops below 618 health.

Then use Explode. Both Flickering Fel and Darkmoon Zeppelin die, leaving only your level one carry pet to collect all the experience, and you're now 19 pet bandages richer.

You're welcome.

Repeat this on your toons that are 110 and above.
10/02/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Loncis
10/02/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Spicypickle

Right now, Nameless Mystic is up on Broken Shore, giving 19 pet bandages as a reward. And in looking at your collection, I see you have the necessary pets to defeat it, as well as give some levels to a carry pet.

You need a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (1, 2, 2) and a Darkmoon Zeppelin (2,2,2), both of which you have, and at max level, plus a carry pet, level one or higher.

Mechanical Pandaren is up first.

Use Breath until Fido dies (usually four breaths).

Next comes Seer's Eye.

Use Thunderbolt first, then Decoy, use Breath, and Thunderbolt if it ever comes off cooldown.

Next comes Flickering Fel.
Use Thunderbolt when off CD, then Breath until Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling dies.

Now bring in Darkmoon Zeppelin (leave the carry pet OUT of this; there is no need to swap the carry pet in at all).

Use Decoy first, then Flyby until Flickering Fel drops below 618 health.

Then use Explode. Both Flickering Fel and Darkmoon Zeppelin die, leaving only your level one carry pet to collect all the experience, and you're now 19 pet bandages richer.

You're welcome.

Repeat this on your toons that are 110 and above.

I appreciate that more than you know, thanks!
Loncis- I didn't even know that type of pet battle existed. I have been doing the Panda dailies along with the Spirit fights to power level. The garrison and Draenor dailies.

Are these special pet battles that pop up? I have a hard time with Legion and Wod because I have only played one toon through there and that is this Pally. I have two 120's but i power boosted them so they don't have much going on in those areas. What pet battles should I be doing in BFA?

Thanks again!
10/02/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Spicypickle
Loncis- I didn't even know that type of pet battle existed. I have been doing the Panda dailies along with the Spirit fights to power level. The garrison and Draenor dailies.

Sigh. It's unfortunate you didn't know about these. Because if you've been doing this for any length of time, you've probably missed out on a lot of opportunities to get some really useful items for your pet collection.

But that's not on you. This is Blizzard's screw up. Not yours. I'll explain.

World Quest Pet Battles can be made to show up on your World Quest map. However, the default position is for them NOT to show up. Open your quest map, whether on Legion or BfA.

Now, check the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of your World Quest map, and make sure Pet Battles (third item) is checked. Now World Quest Pet Battles will show up on your map.

Once you start checking your World Quest map every day (both Legion and BfA) you'll see plenty of Pet Battles that offer bandages as rewards. And you'll definitely understand why the more experienced pet battlers do not want more ways to get pet bandages. You'll be drowning in them in no time. You'll be looking back on this post of yours, requesting more ways to find pet bandages, and you'll laugh yourself silly. "Oh, my God! What was I thinking?"

Are these special pet battles that pop up?

World Quest Pet Battles pop up on a daily basis, in both Legion and BfA, with various rewards. What's new in BfA is that pet battles are now a viable way to collect rep, Azerite and mission resources. In particular, watch for the Polished Pet Charms. Always do those. At least until you've picked up every pet that you can buy with them.

For the time being, I'd do all of them, because there are achievements attached to them. And if you really feel ambitious, there are special achievements you can get, such as Family Brawler. That might be a little advanced right now, but you'll get there. We all did.

And there's no reason you can't at least start working toward those achievements right now. It takes a while, but with three toons that can see World Quests in Legion, it shouldn't be too bad once your collection grows.

Once you're done beating up on all the Pet Battle Masters and you've done all the achievements you want, check them every day to see what rewards are being offered. Sometimes, for instance, they might give leveling stones. Or a blue stone to improve a pet's quality to rare. (You'll be skipping the ones that offer bandages soon enough.)

If you haven't purchased all the pets available from the Pet Menagerie in Dalaran, I would also do the pet battles that offer Shiny Pet Charms in Legion, because Shiny Charms are the only way you can purchase those pets. If you haven't purchased them yet, go see Draemus the Dwarf behind the counter in the Pet Menagerie in Dalaran. He sells a shoulder Enchantment called Boon of the Zookeeper, which will give any mob you kill a small chance to drop "a Pile of Pet Goodies." Sometimes you'll get some useful items, other times you'll get vendor fodder, but you'll always get some shiny pet charms with them. That will help you buy up the pets soon enough. (You'll even get some bandages, too!)

If the pet battle masters are giving your trouble, here's my favorite resource for help with defeating the pet battle masters.

https://www.wow-petguide.com/?m=Home

Every Pet Battle Master in the game is there. Just go to the bar at the top of the page, click the continent/expansion you're looking for, and find the pet battle master you need and you'll find strategies, and usually several alternative strategies for defeating each one. And if you're after the Family Fighter achievement, you can even specify a particular pet family for a strategy to defeat the Pet Battle Master. All beasts, all mechanicals, all undead, etc.

In BfA, there's one thing that's different that you should know about.

In this expansion, the Pet Battle Master pets scale. Meaning that if you decide to attack the Pet Battle Master with all level one pets, then the Battle Master's pets are all going to be level one. This only works in BfA. Nowhere else.

And after this, the best advice I could give you is hang out here, at least for a while. Read up and get the info you need.

And if you're reading a thread and someone mentions something that you don't understand, ask. We're a very helpful bunch, I promise. This isn't General Discussion (or, as I like to call it, Generally Disgusting). We like new Pet Battlers. The more Pet Battlers there are, the more stuff they add to the game for us, because Pet Battlers become a viable demographic with a voice.
10/02/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Loncis

Sigh. It's unfortunate you didn't know about these. Because if you've been doing this for any length of time, you've probably missed out on a lot of opportunities to get some really useful items for your pet collection.

But that's not on you. This is Blizzard's screw up. Not yours. I'll explain.

World Quest Pet Battles can be made to show up on your World Quest map. However, the default position is for them NOT to show up. Open your quest map, whether on Legion or BfA.

Now, check the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of your World Quest map, and make sure Pet Battles (third item) is checked. Now World Quest Pet Battles will show up on your map.

Once you start checking your World Quest map every day (both Legion and BfA) you'll see plenty of Pet Battles that offer bandages as rewards. And you'll definitely understand why the more experienced pet battlers do not want more ways to get pet bandages. You'll be drowning in them in no time. You'll be looking back on this post of yours, requesting more ways to find pet bandages, and you'll laugh yourself silly. "Oh, my God! What was I thinking?"

Are these special pet battles that pop up?

World Quest Pet Battles pop up on a daily basis, in both Legion and BfA, with various rewards. What's new in BfA is that pet battles are now a viable way to collect rep, Azerite and mission resources. In particular, watch for the Polished Pet Charms. Always do those. At least until you've picked up every pet that you can buy with them.

For the time being, I'd do all of them, because there are achievements attached to them. And if you really feel ambitious, there are special achievements you can get, such as Family Brawler. That might be a little advanced right now, but you'll get there. We all did.

And there's no reason you can't at least start working toward those achievements right now. It takes a while, but with three toons that can see World Quests in Legion, it shouldn't be too bad once your collection grows.

Once you're done beating up on all the Pet Battle Masters and you've done all the achievements you want, check them every day to see what rewards are being offered. Sometimes, for instance, they might give leveling stones. Or a blue stone to improve a pet's quality to rare. (You'll be skipping the ones that offer bandages soon enough.)

If you haven't purchased all the pets available from the Pet Menagerie in Dalaran, I would also do the pet battles that offer Shiny Pet Charms in Legion, because Shiny Charms are the only way you can purchase those pets. If you haven't purchased them yet, go see Draemus the Dwarf behind the counter in the Pet Menagerie in Dalaran. He sells a shoulder Enchantment called Boon of the Zookeeper, which will give any mob you kill a small chance to drop "a Pile of Pet Goodies." Sometimes you'll get some useful items, other times you'll get vendor fodder, but you'll always get some shiny pet charms with them. That will help you buy up the pets soon enough. (You'll even get some bandages, too!)

If the pet battle masters are giving your trouble, here's my favorite resource for help with defeating the pet battle masters.

https://www.wow-petguide.com/?m=Home

Every Pet Battle Master in the game is there. Just go to the bar at the top of the page, click the continent/expansion you're looking for, and find the pet battle master you need and you'll find strategies, and usually several alternative strategies for defeating each one. And if you're after the Family Fighter achievement, you can even specify a particular pet family for a strategy to defeat the Pet Battle Master. All beasts, all mechanicals, all undead, etc.

In BfA, there's one thing that's different that you should know about.

In this expansion, the Pet Battle Master pets scale. Meaning that if you decide to attack the Pet Battle Master with all level one pets, then the Battle Master's pets are all going to be level one. This only works in BfA. Nowhere else.

And after this, the best advice I could give you is hang out here, at least for a while. Read up and get the info you need.

And if you're reading a thread and someone mentions something that you don't understand, ask. We're a very helpful bunch, I promise. This isn't General Discussion (or, as I like to call it, Generally Disgusting). We like new Pet Battlers. The more Pet Battlers there are, the more stuff they add to the game for us, because Pet Battlers become a viable demographic with a voice.

So much amazing information, thanks for taking the time to explain. I am fully into the pet battles and I never thought I would say that. I am slightly addicted now...
10/02/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Spicypickle
So much amazing information, thanks for taking the time to explain. I am fully into the pet battles and I never thought I would say that. I am slightly addicted now...

And by the way, don't forget to check Argus, too.

They also have pet battles that offer rewards. The fights on Argus can be especially challenging, even infuriating, but with the website I linked, you should find ways to take them down. And there is an especially challenging achievement linked to those pet bosses, too, which is accomplished by beating every single pet with teams made up of every single family.

Meaning, you beat that pet boss with a team of all mechanicals, then all undead, then all critters, then all humanoids, etc. until you've beat that boss with teams made up of every single type of family. Then do the same for all other pet bosses on Argus.

It will drive you up the wall, but the website I linked will show you how to do it.
10/03/2018 03:18 AMPosted by Loncis
10/02/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Spicypickle

And by the way, don't forget to check Argus, too.

They also have pet battles that offer rewards. The fights on Argus can be especially challenging, even infuriating, but with the website I linked, you should find ways to take them down. And there is an especially challenging achievement linked to those pet bosses, too, which is accomplished by beating every single pet with teams made up of every single family.

Meaning, you beat that pet boss with a team of all mechanicals, then all undead, then all critters, then all humanoids, etc. until you've beat that boss with teams made up of every single type of family. Then do the same for all other pet bosses on Argus.

It will drive you up the wall, but the website I linked will show you how to do it.

It seems like this rabbit hole is quite deep. So many achievements and other fun stuff that I didn't even realize existed. Love it!
If I recall you need to be friendly with the factions in legion to unlock WQs. Not sure if they removed that requirement or not. Just a FYI!
Writing a book about the bandages or lack of... I take it you guys didn't know that any stable master will repair your pets for 10silver (after the 4minute no-heal timer expires that you get when logging in). You can also tick 'stable master' as an option to show them on the minimap.
I do the Crysa battle every day and I currently have about 250 bandages on that character collected solely from doing that one master fight.
Pet trainers scale with your current battle pets also? Hmm, that opens up some definite possibilities. Now, if only the AH prices would scale with my gold reserves...