Any plans to fix the ridiculous BG imbalances?

General Discussion
So as an avid PVP'er across several toons. I wanted to know if Blizzard has any plans to actually fix the horrible battleground queue system. Seven out of ten games the matches are so imbalanced in terms of class's that its not even viable to play. For example my most recent match had Three resto druids on the opposite team to our team's One. This sort of imbalance pretty much makes the game unplayable as I watch them cap Flag after Flag as a small moving forest of healers. Now this is not a one off experience but the majority as I said. What is the point of selecting roles while queuing if it leads to these sort of matches anyway? A simple balance of healers to Dps doesn't seem unreasonable does it?
Qued pvp is casual pvp
I've noticed this problem as well.
10/03/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Sandorclegen
So as an avid PVP'er across several toons. I wanted to know if Blizzard has any plans to actually fix the horrible battleground queue system. Seven out of ten games the matches are so imbalanced in terms of class's that its not even viable to play. For example my most recent match had Three resto druids on the opposite team to our team's One. This sort of imbalance pretty much makes the game unplayable as I watch them cap Flag after Flag as a small moving forest of healers. Now this is not a one off experience but the majority as I said. What is the point of selecting roles while queuing if it leads to these sort of matches anyway? A simple balance of healers to Dps doesn't seem unreasonable does it?

There are 909 members in your guild. Surely you can get a healer to join your group?
10/03/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Floyln
There are 909 members in your guild. Surely you can get a healer to join your group?

So we're blaming people for not taking their own healers into BG's instead of discussing why the system pairs groups up in an imbalanced manner?
Yea, you wish casual pvp had a queue for something like 2 healers, 7 dps, and some type of support (prot/vengeance, ele sham or something.)

But it would only make queue times longer.

I've found the best way to get decent bg's is to become a healer. There aren't that many players that enjoy or deal with being tunneled and mongo'ed the whole time in casual bg's... and I'm one of those.

So when i queue as dps, i'm removing one of the guys that could heal from the queue. And I usually pay for that decision-- installed into a bg where we have fewer healers.

Sometimes I want to do damage. Sometimes I want to heal and protect you guys (but only if you're playing objectives otherwise piss off in roads.) But I find the best success when I go as healer, and help the team play to win.

Good luck. <3
Random is Random. That's why it's called a "Random" Battleground.

/thread
They can't even fix azerite or specs. What makes you think the devs are capable of fixing any imbalance?
Most of the time I get no healers and we start with 9 or even 8 people, and I still manage to win at least half of the time.

If you want a good comp and balance do rbg's, random ones are random, deal with it.
i mean tbh they should prolly have a hidden mmr for random bgs and a solo q for rated bgs ( would have to be strict about the 1 tank 3 heals 6 dps thing with rated bgs tho).

but tbh why they prolly dont do what you are asking for is that que times would prolly sky rocket for dps (most of the player base).

I think they've said like for pvp they have something like 1 healer for every 4-5 dps for pvp.

But I do agree when i que as ret it sucksssss having no healers and having like a 10 dps v 10 dps matches.
It has been like this forever. It's part of the 'fun'. Not sure even how Blizzard would fix it without creating worse problems and long queues trying to get the perfect 'balance'.
Yeah I've had a problem with BG ques for a while, every single match is a stomp it feels like and usually that tends to revolve around who has more healers..

Is it really that hard to implement a que system where both teams get an equal number of healers?
Just to respond to a few of the comments. I agree it is "random" and "casual" pvp. However, I don't see it as a great detriment to the dev's or the community to have a two healer minimum as @PeonPaul suggested. When you queue for a random dungeon would you be ok with no healers? I also don't see it really increasing queue times when currently the average wait time is about one minute. I would gladly wait an extra 30 seconds for a guaranteed two healer game. This is for the casual Pvp player who gets extremely frustrated with so many imbalanced matches.
10/04/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Sandorclegen
I also don't see it really increasing queue times when currently the average wait time is about one minute. I would gladly wait an extra 30 seconds for a guaranteed two healer game.
You will be waiting much longer than 30 seconds considering that if you don't see healer is because they don't want to queue, and when you do see them, chances are they are there with friends... unless they're the few lunatics that go and solo queue.

How do I know this? Because for many years I was one of those lunatics and I'd rarely queue with friends. And you know how I know healers aren't queueing? Because many of the people that complains about not getting heals in their pugs, tend to be the same ones that will ignore them and leave them to die to the enemy team... one can handle that so much until they just don't try anymore.

Your best chance? That pugs start treating healers better, and if you're lucky the word will spread and you'll start seeing more. Blizz can't do anything about this.
10/04/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Sandorclegen
Just to respond to a few of the comments. I agree it is "random" and "casual" pvp. However, I don't see it as a great detriment to the dev's or the community to have a two healer minimum as @PeonPaul suggested. When you queue for a random dungeon would you be ok with no healers? I also don't see it really increasing queue times when currently the average wait time is about one minute. I would gladly wait an extra 30 seconds for a guaranteed two healer game. This is for the casual Pvp player who gets extremely frustrated with so many imbalanced matches.

From what I've witnessed, I think they system tries to give a balanced number of healers but only if they are available. If not it prioritizes lower queue times over having a balanced number of healers. I have to agree though I'd prefer to wait long in queue than and get a fair match than to be dumped into a landslide loss with 0 heals vs 2. I also think with the current state of AV and IOC they need to have at least 1 tank. All too often we get to the end of AV and wind up with the boss ping ponging around the room 2-shotting people one by one because we have no one to tank him.
10/03/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Revolutîon
Random is Random. That's why it's called a "Random" Battleground.

/thread

You're so smart and witty!!

Pretty sure it's called "Random" Battleground because it throws you into a Random Battleground. Just like Random Heroic Dungeon throws you in a Random Dungeon. Unless you're also saying that compositions are random in dungeons too, just because it has the word "Random" in it.

/unthread
To equally and completely "balance" a battleground with classes would add who knows how many minutes to the queue. Definitely not worth it from the players' stand point.
10/04/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Midare
unless they're the few lunatics that go and solo queue.

:(

Somenights that's me.

10/04/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Doranos
From what I've witnessed, I think they system tries to give a balanced number of healers but only if they are available. If not it prioritizes lower queue times over having a balanced number of healers.

Pretty much. It is frustrating somedays when I have heals checked in the role check and it calls me as DPS anyway and I see no heals on my team. So I try to take that frustration out on Alliance. :D
We want to talk about imbalance? Here I got one for ya.

Anyways did an IoC a few days ago. We had 6 healers. Pretty good considering its 40v40. So I go on, not checking out the enemy team and we're getting demolished. All fronts are crumbling and I'm seeing everyone dying but the wave of red is still standing.

So I checked the dmg board. Huh...interesting enough it was pretty even. Got a lot of red mixed with blue. Ok so somethings not right.

I then go to check the healers.

Holy black on a Popo! After counting the Alliance had 15 healers. 15 healers to our 6. Our damage couldn't push past the sheer amount of healing going out on the enemy team.

Needless to say we lost that but wow yea, talk about some shoddy balancing.
:(

Somenights that's me.
My priest suffered his own share of beatings while my team would run by while complaining because they're not getting healed.