If Kul Tiran Tidesages aren't Shaman...

General Discussion
Then you guys royally screwed up.

Points in favor of Shaman:
- Uses Water
- Uses Wind
- Uses Lightning
- In the Tidesage duo fight (and related trash) they summon Totems to empower themselves
- Not a single one of them ever uses anything resembling holy Light
- Their role on ships is weather control and manipulation
- They also act at spiritual guides for the deceased, a common Shaman role which rarely comes up in quests (bigger deal with Orcs like the Shadowmoon)

Points again Shaman:
- They got the Cloth xmog model for Alliance quests

Points not actually against Shaman
- Their evil folks are Shadow Priests, but Ner'zhul and the Shadowmoon were Shamans who rerolled Void Shadow Priest... it's a pretty common reroll path.

So Tidesages better be Shamans.
They are a mix of Mages, Shamans and Shadow Priests.

You can see when they make the magic bridge that the bridge is pure Arcane stuff.
Why do you want them to be shaman? will you race change to kul'tiran? you wanna be fat?
They'll probably be represented by Priests.
09/30/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Averyx
Why do you want them to be shaman? will you race change to kul'tiran? you wanna be fat?

listen bud, Paladins are hamfisted into 3 races on alliance. When we got allied races, Paladins were able to be the 2 allied races that are exactly the same as the 2 previous races they were already able to be. Put on gear and there isn’t a single physical difference between dark iron and regular dwarf. Same with Lightforged and regular Draenei, it’s just Draenei with more customization that you can’t see with Tmog.

Could’ve literally added dark iron customization to regular dwarves and there wouldn’t be a difference aside from racials.

kul’tirans were heavily involved in the third war which was riddled with human Paladins. Need more options on alliance. Either this or add nelf Paladins already.

If KT can be Paladins then I’ll gladly subject myself to your abuse of fat people.
Kul Tirans would make fine Shamans, just imagine they only have to jump up and down on the spot to start an earthquake or belly flop into the ocean to start a tidal wave :P
If Kulturians get shamans, then I want Zandalari pallies.
I think there's a very strong chance they will have shaman. It fits with their lore.

And it would be a good way to differentiate them from Stormwind humans and Gilneans too. They don't worship the Light at all so chances are they won't have paladins, thus shaman is a good switch for that.

Even more so if zandalari do get paladin. Then each side gets a new race for those two classes. It stays evened out.
kul'tiran/human/forsaken shaman for all
Soon humans will be both druids and shamans yet blood/high elves STILL cannot be druids! This is OUTRAGEOUS.

Horde has 4 druid races and they're both Troll and Tauren....cmon.
09/30/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Babe
kul'tiran/human/forsaken shaman for all

Worgen?
Tidemages are more sea priests than shaman.
A lot of various RPG's have different schools of magic. Mages in game already use the elements of fire and ice. Its not too far fetched for another school of magic to practice water and wind magic. Shamanism is based on the elements in this game, but seems more of a primal type focus. Culturally speaking I don't think it's quite the same.
It’s very likely. Tidesages origin is classic shaman story. One day an old man hearing voices from the sea.
Pretty sure the Tide Mother is Azshara, not Nepluton unless he's going around cross dressing.

The closest thing they'd be is like Naga Sea Witches, which are a type of mage.
09/30/2018 11:38 PMPosted by Adelphie
Pretty sure the Tide Mother is Azshara, not Nepluton unless he's going around cross dressing.

.....debating if i want to see that.

can't be as bad as what mokron did before, but still on a lvl of "Curiosity"
09/30/2018 11:41 PMPosted by Hawkéns
09/30/2018 11:38 PMPosted by Adelphie

.....debating if i want to see that.

can't be as bad as what mokron did before, but still on a lvl of "Curiosity"

After seeing that certain recent meme, no thanks.
We'll see if they do it, classes have always been a grey area to Blizzard, we had Human hunters in the lore for the longest time but we never had them until Cataclysm. It doesn't look like just because there is a certain race/class in the world Blizzard will make that playable.

But I feel like since they went crazy with Druid's they should go crazy with Shaman's too.
Keep in mind OP, they also deliver the spirits of the fallen to the afterlife and their resting peace.
Shaman do a similar kind of thing, especially since they don't worship The Light.

Honestly, give Kul'Tiran Shaman and Zandalari Paladins and I'll be happy. Both factions could use something new.
Horde needs something that isn't Blood Elves, and Alliance needs something that isn't a space goat or walking beard.

Hell, give Vulpera Paladins while you're at it; Let those furry things praise the sun like the Tauren do. They beneath it all day anyway, it wouldn't surprise me.
09/30/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Averyx

Can't be any fatter than your head, Mutton Lass.

Watch yourself.