The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

General Discussion
Prev 1 114 115 116 208 Next
Thanks for bumping this I was having a time looking for it.

Idk if it was said as this has 2000 posts and I can't read all right now but some YouTubers provide a legitimate reason as to why blood elves would not be a thing. (For the moment) and it comes down to just blue eyes. They are not enough to separate the high elves from the blood elves. However we've been told over many wow years stuff wed "never get" and we got them. The idea of high elves being an allied race isn't horrible and I would be down for it, but we also have 4 elf races. It'd be nice to see something else and wow has a huge library of races that could also be allied races and over all outside of night born ( even if they are nightelves 90%) the allied races have been kind of weak unless you are a druid because let's all think on moose bears!! So something that really stands out would be so cool!

That said if we don't get high elves then so be it. But blizzard knows a lot of people do want it.
10/18/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Ruddypiper
What did I miss?

A single genuine, good alternative.

Ogre

For the Alliance? Speaks for itself, and to the general quality of that meme list of races that exist in WoW.
I have unsubscribed after seeing my favorite races new "lore" on the PTR and general unhappiness with the games story but I will come back in here and give my support for what time I have left.

I also wanted to say they have ret-conned so much this expac I don't think a lot of detraction against any allied race holds much weight. The writing team has shown they will gladly throw aside lore for whatever they feel like. People here have provided plenty of ideas to quell issue presented by detractors of the idea. I hope that they will be seriously looked at by the dev team, same goes to other wanted allied races on the forums as well.
What did I miss?

Oh yeah, since Blue eyed Belf are such a good alternative.
10/18/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Ruddypiper

10/18/2018 07:14 AMPosted by Talendrion
I love the hypocrisy of calling this BS after claiming that "High Elves and Blood Elves are the same race" At least be consistent.

I fail to see the inconsistency. I've pointed out that Veressa and the Silver Covenant are bigots who are militarily opposed to anything to do with the Horde regardless of whether those people are their own cousins or other mostly peaceful members of other races.

Jaina, Human, and Veressa/Silver Covenant non Blood Elf High Elves (still the same race hailing from the same kingdom) go ape squat on the Blood Elf High Elves in Dalaran including killing shopkeeper non-combatants defending family and home.

Which makes Jaina and Veressa both bigoted and racist at the same time!

I mean, I remember all the crying about Jaina going crazy (both factions for different reasons) post the Purge. And still being pretty rabidly anti Horde/Elf during late MoP when PC Horde and Alliance were working together for the greater good. And again during Legion and her token appearance before leaving for parts unknown because Horde was again working with Alliance and Neutral factions for the greater good.

I mean if you are so dense as to call any instance of retaliation as "bigotry" and I really don't think you have anything worthwhile to say.

Like your understatement of why the conflict exist on the first place is so limited you fail to see any nuance to the point is hilarious.

Like legitimately if you cannot get in your head that both sides have genuine grievances for hating each other, due to either grudges or recent events that hurt them, I don't know what to tell you.

Says the purple elf on the horde.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

And that's coming from a night elf on the horde.
10/12/2018 11:41 PMPosted by Soakedbeard
10/12/2018 10:46 PMPosted by Compassion

This. Also stop trying to steal 40% of Horde base. If I was Blizzard, I wouldnt even guve you guys void elves. Taking our model and turn it purple is not original.

You speak as if Alliance players are a collective of one mind and somehow have control of creative decisions within Blizzard.

How about the Alliance gain a faction that've been proven to already fight along side them, aka The Silver Covenant? Whom are more numerous than Void Elves ever were to begin with.

Before you go ahead and preach the tired old rhetoric of pale skin and blue eyes, It'd be the same as Tauren with moose antlers, or Draenei but with *GOLD EYES, WOW*.

The elves, all elves, are playing both sides, whether you like it or not.

You can keep the out dated Blood Elf model though.

I'd prefer my Silver Covenant High Elves to have more of a foresty, beef cake appearance. Kind of like Norz for males and Alleria for females.

But with tattoos, lots and lots of tattoos.

There are a lot of races in game that are still not playable. Just becauae its in game doesnt mean you can whine and cru to get them. Ogres, Taunka, Jinyu, Naga, hell even murlocs. Blood elves have been in lore for the last 12 years as part of the horde. I just wish Sylvie would just kill off all the helves and turn them into dark rangers and be done with this discussion.
There are a lot of races in game that are still not playable. Just because its in game doesnt mean you can whine and cru to get them. Ogres, Taunka, Jinyu, Naga, hell even murlocs.

Sadly most of those you listed would not fit the "allied race" mold we have thus far of races re-skinned or made with a model that gear can fit to easily.

-Orges: I would love to see them re-skin Kul'Tirans for this model and give it to the Horde, they have been Horde allied forever now anyway.

-Taunka: Needs a model update for gear to fit it but it would work if they can do that, sadly as I recall they were more Horde allied.

-Jinyu: You know for all the complaints about using the BE model again there seems to be no qualms about throwing the NE model and skeleton at everything. Also they would need to re-model them for gear to fit and make a female model. This would be a good race for the alliance though but the NE skeleton/model is getting used to death at this point.

-Naga: Never happening because no legs and having to re-do animations for every mount in the game due to lack of legs.

-Murlocs: While I would like them we do have the issue of throwing gear on them and no clear genders.
10/18/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Mithrandys
Saberon use the worgen model

Yeah, also missed Taunka, Wolvar, and Tuskarr.

Point one, just one, that wasn’t hostile.

Just because they were shopkeepers doesn’t mean they were neutral. It’s war, and they sided with the enemy.

It wasn't open warfare at that point. It was a single strategic strike against the largest and closest military threat perpetrated almost solely by Orc supremacists. To which Jaina and Veressa responded with extreme force against otherwise peaceful residents of a neutral city.

If someone came to your house to arrest you and your family when you had done nothing wrong, you'd probably put up a fight too. Particularly if the only assured way of protecting the lives of your family would be to hopefully prevail in the fight.

So your rebuttal is that all current in game racial groups that are currently neutral or hostile to both factions suck and the only acceptable alternative is 5th version of Elf and 3rd for the Alliance?

Narrow minded much?

Also, just remembered Naga and Giblin(?).
10/18/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Talendrion
Like legitimately if you cannot get in your head that both sides have genuine grievances for hating each other, due to either grudges or recent events that hurt them, I don't know what to tell you.

You mean like how the majority of NPC's this character has killed out of 2100+ humanoid mobs have been Dark Iron Dwarfs set within the time frame of the last 5 years in game?

Like how those same Dark Iron dwarfs in Khaz Modan are called "Loyalist"?

As if this Evil Dwarf Clan would simply set all that strife aside because their not male, not Dark Iron leader tells them to do so?

Changing your name to remember your fallen brothers and sisters isn't a basis for a "genuine grievance". Neither is watching that same group joining a newly formed Alliance that had yet made no attacks against anyone.

Which is what Alliance High Elves did. They rejected the name change while their brethren were still fighting alongside their Human allies. They rejected their brethren again because said brethren chose new allies with an entirely new faction. They chose to strike against their own brethren first, at a point when their brethren were in open negotiations to return to the Alliance because the Orc supremacist Horde leader was openly alienating his non Orc allies who wanted peaceful coexistence?

You are like the Forsaken character Sylvanas fanbois who think she can do no wrong, except you paint all Horde races, NPCs, and players as pure unredeemable evil.

Which makes you just as goofy as Blizzard painted Jaina from MoP onwards as bat guano crazy at all Horde because of the actions of Garrosh and despite being best buddies with Thrall. And never having a heart to heart with Thrall about that or being reasonable towards anyone in the Horde after that and specifically Blood Elves who had the gall to want to hang out with the other magic peeps in Dalaran.

And elf reskin #1332345 is better than any of those listed? Good lord. Now you just sound like an spoiled child who wants THAT doll, not the one that doesn't have blue eyes.
10/18/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Ruddypiper

You mean like how the majority of NPC's this character has killed out of 2100+ humanoid mobs have been Dark Iron Dwarfs set within the time frame of the last 5 years in game?

Like how those same Dark Iron dwarfs in Khaz Modan are called "Loyalist"?

As if this Evil Dwarf Clan would simply set all that strife aside because their not male, not Dark Iron leader tells them to do so?

Changing your name to remember your fallen brothers and sisters isn't a basis for a "genuine grievance". Neither is watching that same group joining a newly formed Alliance that had yet made no attacks against anyone.

Which is what Alliance High Elves did. They rejected the name change while their brethren were still fighting alongside their Human allies. They rejected their brethren again because said brethren chose new allies with an entirely new faction. They chose to strike against their own brethren first, at a point when their brethren were in open negotiations to return to the Alliance because the Orc supremacist Horde leader was openly alienating his non Orc allies who wanted peaceful coexistence?

You are like the Forsaken character Sylvanas fanbois who think she can do no wrong, except you paint all Horde races, NPCs, and players as pure unredeemable evil.

Which makes you just as goofy as Blizzard painted Jaina from MoP onwards as bat guano crazy at all Horde because of the actions of Garrosh and despite being best buddies with Thrall. And never having a heart to heart with Thrall about that or being reasonable towards anyone in the Horde after that and specifically Blood Elves who had the gall to want to hang out with the other magic peeps in Dalaran.

Dude.

I have literally told you that I don't see either side as wrong, that both sides have reasons to feel how they do, but It's like you literally can't read. You pull the Sylvanas Fanboy BS while LITERALLY vilifying the HE for siding with the alliance.

Like the level of logical leaps you keep making is INSANE.

Also, yet more things you just get wrong in your frothing.

-Kael'thas only renamed the elves that were with him, you know? he didn't send a mass text saying "kay we now are BE huns." So when the rest of the HE got wind of a) the name change, and b) that Kael'thas blood elves absconded with snakes to lords know where, it's pretty reasonable that they would be "Maybe we don't want part of that" and chose to, SHOCK, not blame the whole alliance for Garithos actions.

-Varian was on SECRET talks with Lor'themar. Nor Jaina or Vereesa knew the BE were planning on defecting. Open Negotiations my tush lol. Why you always lying?
10/18/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Capncavebass

And elf reskin #1332345 is better than any of those listed? Good lord. Now you just sound like an spoiled child who wants THAT doll, not the one that doesn't have blue eyes.

There are more alternatives for Alliance AR like let's not fall on arguing over subjectivity.

What I would ask is, "how many of those options would be as popular as HE?" And sure, you can chalk that up to shallowness all you want, but a lot of the people that want HE on the first place want them because their place on the alliance, and let me be clear on this, that HE are the option with the longest and more consistent presence within the alliance for the last 14 years is not up for debate.

So when you say that HE are just another reskin, you are dismissing all the lore and history reasons why they are legitimately a better AR option than any other possibility.
You guys should stop wasting your time arguing with people. You know they won't listen.
10/18/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Althenar
You guys should stop wasting your time arguing with people. You know they won't listen.

Counterpoint: What else is there to do here?
10/18/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Talendrion
10/18/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Althenar

Counterpoint: What else is there to do here?

Huh. Good point.

Says the purple elf on the horde.

I mean, I know your request is all about the skin and filling some cliche fantasy about pink skinned elves, humans and the rest of the boring stuff, but, at least try to not make it obvious.

And that's coming from a night elf on the horde.

Nightborne for you, not hard to get, and playing it doesn't invalidate my post even tho you guys love to silence us because of the race we chose to play.

I mean, you helfers brag about Lore and that stuff. YET, are the first to blur concepts just to fit your agenda.
I'll give u something more, Nightborne have been separated from their Kaldorei brethren for.. 10k years or more, thats quite the same time that took Dath'remar group of Highborne to become a new race.