The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

General Discussion
Prev 1 157 158 159 208 Next
10/24/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Curemaster
I was responding to you about your quote, not what he has to say. Your point of view consisted of everyone, not just that poster, so while you may feel I was defending him, I was actually talking about the entirety of the posts.

So why in the next paragraph do you go about defending him?

That being said, he's not entirely wrong in his point of view of that. I mean, many people both for and against come here to post, and sometimes even double post to keep their thoughts going and or the thread going.

Thats mostly because the topic became so polarized when the first wave of megathreads happened, and the front page was majority high elf threads from both ends.

This goes for both sides. Now I don't agree with everything that every pro says just because I want something, and I doubt everyone else here does too. So while I understand that may be how it looks, it's not entirely true.

But there doesnt seem to be this "non-alignment" on the pro side. Whenever I see Wallurian or Joyeuse vomit a post that has more holes than slices of Swiss chesse....I dont see a single pro-helfer ever come to disagree with that point of view or point out such holes in logic.

Its really hard for me to feel that you or any high elf supporter say that honestly. But then again you can follow my ideology on other people posting and give it the ol' "I dont really care, Ill post my own ideas."

While everyone has paid money to have an opinion of the matter, holding something back because you don't want others to have it is petty and childish.

Welcome to the internet.

I am sorry you doesn't see it that way, but who am I to tell you how to feel?

Like me, another person playing a game I pay for. Our voices dont matter at the end of the day, since we are all paying money for this game.

And accusing me of being dishonest about us conforming is just ignorance.

No, its pointing out a hole in your whole support base. Which to be fair....you havent exactly countered against. So is it true?

You can see that in every other metathread to date that that is exactly what we have been doing. And yes, to a degree it is baiting.

No, its just baiting.

Why wouldn't you call someone a troll when all they keep doing is saying "Blood Elves are High Elves, Horde's waiting for you!"

Because if you guys arent going to bother stop misinformation or baiting on your side, why should someone honestly give a !@#$ to stop it on theirs?

Why should I put forth effort to cross this divide, when the other side clearly isnt attempting to lower the bridge?

Why is it that we are always made out to be the problem, when we spend time trying to give solutions, but get nothing constructive to work with.. that too me means they are indeed a troll.

My first post in this thread called out both sides of flaming and baiting. I understand there are antis who actively troll and bait pros.

10/24/2018 10:47 PMPosted by Arisran
They (Blizzard) haven’t had a reason to story-wise or game play wise to do this thus far, but with the introduction of Allied Races there is every reason to do so with the constant requests going into this.

The Quel'delar storyline?
The Assault of ICC?
The Troll Invasions during Cataclysm?
Legion?
War of Thorns?

They've had multiple times where the High Elves could have come together, but havent. It either shows one of two things:

1) High elves never read important on Blizzard's writing radar even when they have a vision into the story; or,

2) High elves are not important actors to the story past the Silver Covenant introduction.

I know it’s headcannon. I never said this was official, it was in an attempt to share potential reasons for why or how they could be introduced. I personally had no idea Alleria had wanted to reclaim Quel’thalas, and that alone makes me feel even more confident over how I think things will go down in the future.

Alleria quotes to reclaim Quel'thalas are shown in the Nightborne and Void Elf quests to unlock them as playable.

Whenever I try to argue, I try to use the information I have at hand. I dont like to argue POTENTIAL futures because, anything can happen.

The problem is, you say a lot of things like "plot holes" in people's arguments, yet you don't provide any information as to what you feel has a plot hole. You just say it exists, and expect people to know what you're talking about. I can't help you if you don't provided the information needed in order to figure out what you are referring too.

Also, what misinformation? I have not spread any misinformation that I can think of? Again, you say something without anything supporting it. So it leaves me to believe you just dislike someone's conversational peice and decided to say they are misinforming people. So maybe you should point that out?

As I said before, both sides do it.. every person here speaks for themselves. You holding everyone accountable for what that one person says, is your problem. But I am glad you understand that their are those that bait from both sides, but the only thing we can do is report as we see it.

And as far as conforming goes.. if you actually participated in these thread as much as you seem to have, then you should already know that that actually happened. I shouldn't have to explain myself when it's even seen in this thread as well. It is done to help appease the opposition. You not acknowledging that, leaves me to believe that now you are trying to bait.

While High Elves have been present many times in the past, now is the best time to add them with the way Allied Races are being handled. Dark Iron Dwarves have been less relevant but have made their appearance a few times in the past, and now they are an Allied Race. We can't say for sure what Blizzard's thought process is when it comes to Allied Races, but we can use the ones that already exist as a stencil for mapping out why High Elves make sense. This is why it is perfectly okay to argue potential futures. Because you are right, anything can happen.
If Mag'har are playable then High Elves should be.

Horde was screaming for uncorrupted Orcs to be playable since TBC. Horde got uncorrupted Orcs.

Alliance was screaming for uncorrupted High Elves to be playable since TBC. Alliance got doubly corrupted Blood Elves instead.
10/25/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Gulrum

Horde was screaming for uncorrupted Orcs to be playable since TBC. Horde got uncorrupted Orcs.

Alliance was screaming for uncorrupted High Elves to be playable since TBC. Alliance got doubly corrupted Blood Elves instead.

I think that people have been asking for high elves since vanilla.
10/25/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Althenar

I think that people have been asking for high elves since vanilla.

You're right, but it did intensify greatly once the horrible decision was made in TBC.

This! Plus they got them from an alternate timeline! At least High elves exist in this time line!
In other news, I finally decided to up a Horde character to see the other side of BfA. A nightborne mage. Visually, I think nightborne fit the Horde way better than blood elves.
10/25/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Mythîc
...this isn’t true

Have you seen them standing next to each other? They literally share the same model. They have different heights and slightly bluer hues of skin. This is basically the changes suggested to differentiate blood and high elves. At the end of the day when you do pvp nightborne and night elves running at each other look the exact same.

Yeah, i've seen the stupid image you guys tout meant to mislead someone by turning them so the appearances favor your argument as much as possible. Yet go ahead, have them stand side by side no armor and its super easy to tell the difference. A direct comparison and this argument falls flatter than my attempts at making a bread.
10/25/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Heliwyr
Specially in armor which is how 99% of people play.

I know that is seriously hyperbole. A good 50% of all characters are in smut mogs which show as much skin as possible. And probably 99.995% of all female elves.
10/25/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Cognyack
10/25/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Heliwyr
Specially in armor which is how 99% of people play.

I know that is seriously hyperbole. A good 50% of all characters are in smut mogs which show as much skin as possible. And probably 99.995% of all female elves.

Also, under full armor there's no difference between void elf and blood elf. The biggest difference lies in the color of the character's name.

A different posture makes the nightborne way more reckognizable than skin color does. High elves could be made different the same way (plus things like body paint/tatoos).

Have you seen them standing next to each other? They literally share the same model. They have different heights and slightly bluer hues of skin. This is basically the changes suggested to differentiate blood and high elves. At the end of the day when you do pvp nightborne and night elves running at each other look the exact same.

Yeah, i've seen the stupid image you guys tout meant to mislead someone by turning them so the appearances favor your argument as much as possible. Yet go ahead, have them stand side by side no armor and its super easy to tell the difference. A direct comparison and this argument falls flatter than my attempts at making a bread.

I'd like to see a male version of that pic because the male nightborne model is hideous. With and without armor.
10/25/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Pales

I'd like to see a male version of that pic because the male nightborne model is hideous. With and without armor.

I think the point that image is pretty simple:

Without their unique stance, that's how similar Nightborne look to Night Elves.

As far as I know, no one made a comparison between male nightborne and ne while the models weren't working properly on the PTR, but I do know there are videos, mmm.
10/25/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Alamara
In other news, I finally decided to up a Horde character to see the other side of BfA. A nightborne mage. Visually, I think nightborne fit the Horde way better than blood elves.

They do look epic af. Might do one myself later.
10/25/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Grabmytotem

https://i.redd.it/30db25i60ju01.png

It's not fake.

They are at the same angle and Nightborne don't have their new idle in the character creations.

If you want to go into any model viewer and put them in a T pose they are nearly the same.

The only difference is a color shift in skintones and the ears are a different angle.

You can't argue against facts by saying they're fake.
10/25/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Heliwyr
10/25/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Alamara

They are. Few things look as good in this game as a female nightborne in full heritage armor. Just got mine and she is so awesome.
10/25/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Talendrion
10/25/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Heliwyr

They are. Few things look as good in this game as a female nightborne in full heritage armor. Just got mine and she is so awesome.

I like how the Nightborne look in Suramar, but the models seem off somehow for players. If Blizzard were to make minor stance modifications to helves I just hope it's not haughty like for Nightborne and belfs.
10/25/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Drede
10/25/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Grabmytotem

It's not fake.

They are at the same angle and Nightborne don't have their new idle in the character creations.

If you want to go into any model viewer and put them in a T pose they are nearly the same.

The only difference is a color shift in skintones and the ears are a different angle.

That picture is misleading. You mistake misleading for me calling it fake lol. You made the picture to suit your needs as much as possible when you should have put them side by side. the difference is clear lol.

Angled, similar skin tones. lol Anyone with two braincells to rub together knows what u did.
10/25/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Grabmytotem
10/25/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Drede

It's not fake.

That picture is misleading. You mistake misleading for me calling it fake lol. You made the picture to suit your needs as much as possible when you should have put them side by side. the difference is clear lol.

Angled, similar skin tones. lol Anyone with two braincells to rub together knows what u did.

Again, how is it misleading? It's literally just a comparison of both player models with the Nightborne not having its unique stance.

How is it misleading?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Again, how is it misleading? It's literally just a comparison of both player models with the Nightborne not having its unique stance.

How is it misleading?

Put them side by side body by body and it will answer your question.

By the same token of getting ur Hleves u would take away the nightbornes stance? Yet a stance would make the High Elves unique? Which is it?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It's not fake.

1. That is the default pose when making a new character. Nothing was positioned.

2. I didn't make it.

3. They use the same animations in the character creation so this is the best thing next to a T pose.

4. If you want to disprove it. Make your own or find another. They are all over Google but basically show the same thing.

5. It's a well acknowledged fact that Nightborne and Night Elf females share almost the exact same model and was a major complaint during their development. The similarities are already an established thing rather you disagree with them or not.

6. lol

10/25/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Grabmytotem
Put them side by side body by body and it will answer your question.

By the same token of getting ur Hleves u would take away the nightbornes stance? Yet a stance would make the High Elves unique? Which is it?

Not one is trying to take away the Nightborne stance where the hell did you get that redicilulas idea?

The point was the Stance differentiated them. If it works for Nightborne it would work for High Elves.

And side by side they look the same with a different stance. You can't argue something plain as day.
10/25/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Drede
10/25/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Grabmytotem

1. That is the default pose when making a new character. Nothing was positioned.

2. I didn't make it.

3. They use the same animations in the character creation so this is the best thing next to a T pose.

4. If you want to disprove it. Make your own or find another. They are all over Google but basically show the same thing.

5. It's a well acknowledged fact that Nightborne and Night Elf females share almost the exact same model and was a major complaint during their development. The similarities are already an established thing rather you disagree with them or not.

6. lol

Keep defending that misleading pic. Devs arent as stupid as palyers