The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

General Discussion
Prev 1 196 197 198 208 Next
Could be wrong but, Recently I read somewhere that Blizz was thinking to add some cosmetics options towards the void elves making it so it would satisfy those seeking to have high elves as an allied race. Like adding a skin option like how they added gold eyes for the sin'dorei
11/11/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Jáná
Could be wrong but, Recently I read somewhere that Blizz was thinking to add some cosmetics options towards the void elves making it so it would satisfy those seeking to have high elves as an allied race. Like adding a skin option like how they added gold eyes for the sin'dorei

Indeed they threw the notion into one of the interviews.

This would be enough for some people, as long as it is actually High Elves joining the Void Elves thus moving forward part of their lore.

But as long as it's just a cosmetic option for Void Elves, it's nothing for High Elves.

And besides, this solution wouldn't make everyone happy, specially those that are more of the "High Elves should be an AR o their own" inclination.
11/11/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Nindraine
Just wanted to drop this little tidbit from the gameinformer article on Warcraft 3: Reforged:

[quote]The Culling of Stratholme started out much more brutal during its initial development; the townspeople never turned into zombies, and instead the mechanics pushed players to murder them while still human. In the Reforged version showcased at BlizzCon, the mission parameters haven't changed, but the map has been rearranged entirely. The player now enters the city head on over a bridge and the layout better reflects the city seen in World of Warcraft, using many of the landmarks and bosses from the Stratholme dungeon as characters during the mission. While this is a more pronounced example, the team isn't clear yet on how many campaign missions would be rearranged in this way, but want to go through them one by one to decide (The Fall of Silvermoon is similarly planned to be redone, but no others have been mentioned so far).

I mean Quel'thalas whole layout is so different in WoW that it kinda HAS to change to accommodate those changes, maybe the biggest of them all that the Sunwell was in Quel'danas, not in the middle of Silvermoon (and that maybe the map should be flipped to go from south to North on the last mission because it still doesn't make sense why it was the other way around lol)
11/11/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Talendrion
Just wanted to drop this little tidbit from the gameinformer article on Warcraft 3: Reforged:

[quote]The Culling of Stratholme started out much more brutal during its initial development; the townspeople never turned into zombies, and instead the mechanics pushed players to murder them while still human. In the Reforged version showcased at BlizzCon, the mission parameters haven't changed, but the map has been rearranged entirely. The player now enters the city head on over a bridge and the layout better reflects the city seen in World of Warcraft, using many of the landmarks and bosses from the Stratholme dungeon as characters during the mission. While this is a more pronounced example, the team isn't clear yet on how many campaign missions would be rearranged in this way, but want to go through them one by one to decide (The Fall of Silvermoon is similarly planned to be redone, but no others have been mentioned so far).

I mean Quel'thalas whole layout is so different in WoW that it kinda HAS to change to accommodate those changes, maybe the biggest of them all that the Sunwell was in Quel'danas, not in the middle of Silvermoon (and that maybe the map should be flipped to go from south to North on the last mission because it still doesn't make sense why it was the other way around lol)

Yeah, that whole map is oriented rather strangely, and Silvermoon itself is pretty basic, so I'm not surprised it's being updated. It'll be interested to see the new version, though, and just how many new Elven-style doodads and buildings and the like we'll get in general through both that campaign and the Blood Elf campaign.
I wonder if they are saving WoW High Elves for the re-release of Warcraft III. It would be the perfect time!

They don't have to change too much. Just make the goal to destroy the Silvermoon guard then march on the Sunwell. Finish it off with an ingame cutscene.

11/11/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Talendrion
Just like the cicle of the Avatar.

Just don't Kora it.

But I think this thread is nearing its final cap anyway so we might was well start over.

Maybe consider not making a new one on this forum?
11/11/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Drede
But I think this thread is nearing its final cap anyway so we might was well start over.

Maybe consider not making a new one on this forum?

Well, with the forum switchover so soon, I'd probably just wait until then and start fresh. No point in making a new thread that'll just get locked in two days for the switch.

EDIT: Actually I misread the announcement. Threads won't get locked, it seems:

Note: We will be migrating over threads created in the last two weeks to allow ongoing community discussions to continue as seamlessly as possible.

So it makes no difference tbh
11/11/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Nindraine
11/11/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Talendrion

Yeah, that whole map is oriented rather strangely, and Silvermoon itself is pretty basic, so I'm not surprised it's being updated. It'll be interested to see the new version, though, and just how many new Elven-style doodads and buildings and the like we'll get in general through both that campaign and the Blood Elf campaign.

IMO that's most what I want from the Quel'thalas portion; unique elven buildings that fit the WoW design and that later we see those on the BE campaign.

11/11/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Talendrion
Just like the cicle of the Avatar.

Just don't Kora it.

I can't be mad at Korra because those two last seasons payed the eff off and season 4 stuck the landing in terms of justifying her whole character arc.

That's what I'm kinda hoping with High Elves, that ar least their whole thinhs pays off in the end.

Even if Void Elves got the High Elf Skin Options. It wouldn't change anything because then you'll just go back into being a Blue Skin Elf when you go into combat mode that you dislike instead of being a Pure Original Skin High Elf. Also Void Elves wouldn't even still be True High Elves like Alleria because they don't have the Tattoos, Braided Hairstyles, and other options of the High Elves/Half Elves.

11/11/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Gulrum
I wonder if they are saving WoW High Elves for the re-release of Warcraft III. It would be the perfect time!

It would also be a great time for them to not only release High Elves but also San'layn, Forest Trolls, Wildhammer Dwarves, Mok'thanal Orcs, and Broken Draenei too.
11/11/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Talendrion

This would be enough for some people, as long as it is actually High Elves joining the Void Elves thus moving forward part of their lore.

But as long as it's just a cosmetic option for Void Elves, it's nothing for High Elves.

And besides, this solution wouldn't make everyone happy, specially those that are more of the "High Elves should be an AR o their own" inclination.

Wasn't saying it would satisfy those seeking for playable high elves but, Knowing Blizz it's kinda hard to determine whether or not they will add them into the lot or not. I mean at this point they've acknowledged the High Elves discussion threads, But at this time it's just too hard to tell.
11/11/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Jáná
11/11/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Talendrion

Wasn't saying it would satisfy those seeking for playable high elves but, Knowing Blizz it's kinda hard to determine whether or not they will add them into the lot or not. I mean at this point they've acknowledged the High Elves discussion threads, But at this time it's just too hard to tell.

Basically, yeah. I'm just saying that this could satisfy some of the pro high elf people, but only if it actually addresses the lore concerns of the whole thing.
It is an uphill struggle, and one that may be futile, but fight on we must.
Is there anyone around currently wading through all 197 pages to gather meaningful information, evidence and points for the new thread that will be made when the forum is recreated?

Also I think that the OP (whoever it is) should kick off the post with a copy of the High Elven Augmentation guide thing. To this day I can't think of another post that so brilliantly put together every argument and seamlessly shut them down within the span of a single post.
11/11/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Arisran
Is there anyone around currently wading through all 197 pages to gather meaningful information, evidence and points for the new thread that will be made when the forum is recreated?

Also I think that the OP (whoever it is) should kick off the post with a copy of the High Elven Augmentation guide thing. To this day I can't think of another post that so brilliantly put together every argument and seamlessly shut them down within the span of a single post.

The new forum format might take some getting used to. There might be new rules and I hope megathreads are still allowed.

(It's also a lot easier to report people so I advise everyone to be on their best behavior.)

Lucky for me all I need is my suggestions list.

General Concepts
-Tattoos/Warpaint like Alleria.
-Different Hair/Facial hair styles (Less fancy) with Blue/White hair colors and no red hair color.
-Blue Eyes/Purple Eyes. (Duh!)
-Dark Skin options (Like Devi)

Possible Additions/Alterations-
-Some Short Eared/Eyebrowed versions for Half Elves.
-Different idle stances. Like between Female Night Elves/Nightborne.
-Slightly different physique. Possibly buffer/metier than the average Blood Elf because they mostly live in the forest and/or highly Militarised. About as different as Nightborne males from Night Elf males or less so. Or based on Night Elf models.
-More practical building designs. Like altered versions of the Lodges. (Like the WC2 Lumber Mill.) Or just dalaran.
-Celtic themes to tie it all together. (Like in WC2)
-Woodsmen themed Heritage Armor. (Like in WC2...)

Posible Classes-
-Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Priest. Highly likely.
-Rogue, Paladin, Monk. Likely.
-Shaman, Druid. Unlikely but possible with new lore additions.
-Warlock. Highly Unlikely. (We have one NPC who might not even be a Warlock)
-Death Knight, Demon Hunter. Straight up no because no Allied Races get hero classes. (Death Knight might be possible in the future.)
11/11/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Arisran

The new forum format might take some getting used to. There might be new rules and I hope megathreads are still allowed.

(It's also a lot easier to report people so I advise everyone to be on their best behavior.)

Lucky for me all I need is my suggestions list.

[quote]General Concepts
-Tattoos/Warpaint like Alleria.
-Different Hair/Facial hair styles (Less fancy) with Blue/White hair colors and no red hair color.
-Blue Eyes/Purple Eyes. (Duh!)
-Dark Skin options (Like Devi)

Possible Additions/Alterations-
-Some Short Eared/Eyebrowed versions for Half Elves.
-Different idle stances. Like between Female Night Elves/Nightborne.
-Slightly different physique. Possibly buffer/metier than the average Blood Elf because they mostly live in the forest and/or highly Militarised. About as different as Nightborne males from Night Elf males or less so. Or based on Night Elf models.
-More practical building designs. Like altered versions of the Lodges. (Like the WC2 Lumber Mill.) Or just dalaran.
-Celtic themes to tie it all together. (Like in WC2)
-Woodsmen themed Heritage Armor. (Like in WC2...)

Posible Classes-
-Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Priest. Highly likely.
-Rogue, Paladin, Monk. Likely.
-Shaman, Druid. Unlikely but possible with new lore additions.
-Warlock. Highly Unlikely. (We have one NPC who might not even be a Warlock)
-Death Knight, Demon Hunter. Straight up no because no Allied Races get hero classes. (Death Knight might be possible in the future.)

Lol it's like you're all packed up with your stuff and ready to move into the new house.

I also hope that megathreads are a thing though. It would suck to have like a part 25 megathread.
1+ Support for Allied Race High Elves.

Shamans easily possible for High Elves, especially being so close to Wildhammer Dwarves, we learnt from Orcs teaching Goblins, I’m Sure Wildhammers can teach High Elves.
11/12/2018 04:55 AMPosted by Pepino
1+ Support for Allied Race High Elves.

Shamans easily possible for High Elves, especially being so close to Wildhammer Dwarves, we learnt from Orcs teaching Goblins, I’m Sure Wildhammers can teach High Elves.

I think that there's a bit of difference between "Likely" and "Conceivable"

Likely are those that are already easily supported by the lore and previous appearances (Hunter, Mage, Warrior, Priest, Rogue as all 5 of them have shown up in reocurring NPC and mob forms and iconic from War3)

Conceivable ones are the ones that while having no already established lore, have a lot of potential or are easy to explain as a new thing (Monks by virtue of how they are trained, and Shaman, because of the closeness to their Wildhammer allies)

And I think that I'd put Paladin between those two? We have some High Elf Paladin NPC's but they are the only class that really doesn't show up as mobs -also Priests TBH, but they retain their iconic status from War3 maybe? Overall it is interesting that the Silver Covenant doesn't see to have light users on their ranks in any of their reocurring appareances.-

On the other hand, we do have the Highvale, who's whole thing is the light, so if we are pointing to them already, there we have the light focused aspect, in an interesting woodsman type, which is something very unique.
I personally don’t understand Blizzard, Blizzcon 2017 they said “tell us the Allied races you want” High Elves is definetly the most requested, for many years and even gaining more popularity...

Yet, it seems they keep ignoring the community, theirs literally zero downside for implementing High Elves into the Alliance, the amount of revenue they will get from Faction Swaps, Race changes and even help fix faction balance, I know many and I mean many players that would return for High Elves.....

I see zero downside, all the ground work is done for them, we have done the theories and even concept art, faction leaders, and even cities literally all they have to do is take from our theory crafting and implement it inside WoW...

Like honestly how long do they wanna keep people asking for Allied Races, which they said for us to do, and the. Literally ignore the community..

I’m telling you now, I’d spend a bloody small fortune faction changing to High Elves... I’d say easily over $200+ and that’s just one person...

Edit: Theirs more people asking for High Elves then Classic servers over the years and they got classic >.>... I personally think they’ll kill the idea by just adding High Elf customisation to Void Elves and just change the lore that Alleria recruited the remaining High Elves or something..
11/12/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Pepino
I personally don’t understand Blizzard, Blizzcon 2017 they said “tell us the Allied races you want” High Elves is definetly the most requested, for many years and even gaining more popularity...

Yet, it seems they keep ignoring the community, theirs literally zero downside for implementing High Elves into the Alliance, the amount of revenue they will get from Faction Swaps, Race changes and even help fix faction balance, I know many and I mean many players that would return for High Elves.....

I see zero downside, all the ground work is done for them, we have done the theories and even concept art, faction leaders, and even cities literally all they have to do is take from our theory crafting and implement it inside WoW...

Like honestly how long do they wanna keep people asking for Allied Races, which they said for us to do, and the. Literally ignore the community..

I’m telling you now, I’d spend a bloody small fortune faction changing to High Elves... I’d say easily over $200+ and that’s just one person...

Edit: Theirs more people asking for High Elves then Classic servers over the years and they got classic >.>... I personally think they’ll kill the idea by just adding High Elf customisation to Void Elves and just change the lore that Alleria recruited the remaining High Elves or something..

I mean we should not be blind to the reasons they gave us -even if we disagree with them- that they are too close to Blood Elves and that they want to keep faction identity. Those things seem to be relevant, and an issue for the devs, so alright, then let's go about it on a way those are preserved the most if they aren't going to change their mind about that.
Like I said I think they’ll just put them into Void Elves they have said they be adding more customisation to Allied Races, it’s a no brainer I think..