The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

General Discussion
Prev 1 197 198 199 208 Next
11/11/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Drede
But I think this thread is nearing its final cap anyway so we might was well start over.

Maybe consider not making a new one on this forum?

Well, with the forum switchover so soon, I'd probably just wait until then and start fresh. No point in making a new thread that'll just get locked in two days for the switch.

EDIT: Actually I misread the announcement. Threads won't get locked, it seems:

Note: We will be migrating over threads created in the last two weeks to allow ongoing community discussions to continue as seamlessly as possible.

So it makes no difference tbh
Well it says "Threads created in the last two weeks"

So I assume this one will get deleted as it was started almost a month ago. I'd wager it best to preserve the OP if one can.

EDIT: Btw have some of you seen the Zandalari Warlock request thread? Some of their overall arguments mirror that of High Elves.

"We see them around"

"They make sense in lore"

etc etc. It is interesting to say the least. And the counter arguments are coming from a gameplay perspective.

The mirroring of the discussion is almost uncanny to me.
Theirs one HUGE difference from High Elf threads and Zandalari Lock threads......

High Elf threads started back in 2004.... Zandalari Lock threads started a week ago...

High Elves been requested for almost 15 years.....

I to this day rememeber back in Vanilla the first High Elf I saw as my Troll Shaman, was in the Barrens, Ratchet, on the hill to the right yeah they looked weird at the time, but I remember saying to my brother “I’d do anything to get them to be playable!”.
11/12/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Pepino
Theirs one HUGE difference from High Elf threads and Zandalari Lock threads......

High Elf threads started back in 2004.... Zandalari Lock threads started a week ago...

And they say Horde favoritism isn't real!
11/12/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Joyeuse
11/12/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Pepino

And they say Horde favoritism isn't real!
Well 15 years and we still asking for High Elves, I don’t think it has to do with factions, so pretty weird with what you wrote, trying to shoe horn some favouritism idea...and start some silly argument.

It’s more Blizzard don’t want to add them and we been asking for close to 15 years..

I personally think it’s because we kept playing... eventually the game will bleed numbers and they will come to their senses and give the community what they want, not just High Elves but other popular races we been asking for, Wildhammer, Ogres have been asked for since vanilla aswell... and then a lot of people will come back.
So is the final cap that Blue's can offer gone and done once we hit page 200? Will the thread be actually un-extendable at that point?
11/12/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Arisran
So is the final cap that Blue's can offer gone and done once we hit page 200? Will the thread be actually un-extendable at that point?
It won't matter, as tomorrow the forums are switching to a new format and this will be archived.

A new thread will have to begin.
Okay but should we fill the rest of the thread to reach 200 before the end lol?

I finally git the Storm's Wake rep and I feel my aesthetic on Tal is complete!

https://image.ibb.co/nxOJAA/Wo-WScrn-Shot-111218-140117.jpg

And also the previous edit I did of him.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/e1054349ac160b20609a267b0f9164cb/tumblr_phu7dyifGO1smv67eo1_1280.png
High Elves became a playable race in TBC.

You say you want the Silver Covenant to be an allied race for the alliance? Sounds legit.

You say you want high elves to be a playable race? /* sigh */
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/459024-soridormi.jpg

They shouldn't give high elves the blue-eye customization, it'd be a slap in the face to all those who wanted blue-eyed Thalassian model elves for the alliance for so long. But if such folk keep ignoring the fact that high elves are already a playable race, I could get behind such a face slap.
11/12/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Talendrion
https://66.media.tumblr.com/e1054349ac160b20609a267b0f9164cb/tumblr_phu7dyifGO1smv67eo1_1280.png
Someone's been studying at Khadgar's School for Silver Foxes.
11/12/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Iratio

You say you want the Silver Covenant to be an allied race for the alliance? Sounds legit.

They shouldn't give high elves the blue-eye customization, it'd be a slap in the face to all those who wanted blue-eyed Thalassian model elves for the alliance for so long. But if such folk keep ignoring the fact that high elves are already a playable race, I could get behind such a face slap.

Stop calling Blood Elves High Elves. The names aren't interchangeable.

Or should I call your character an Eredar?
11/12/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Drede

But Blood Elves = High Elves. What's the issue?

And then we can also Kul'Tirans just Humans, cuz yknow they're Humans.

And moose Tauren can just be Tauren all the same, cuz yknow they're Tauren.

Also Orcs should all just be called Orcs. Brown or Green skin doesn't matter, they're still Orcs right?

And some dark Dwarves are still Dwarves so we got more Dwarves.

So Alliance has:
- Human, Human
- Dwarf, Dwarf
- Elf, Elf
- Eredar, Eredar
- Gnome
- Worgen

Horde has:
- Orc, Orc
- Tauren, Tauren
- Troll, Troll
- Elf, Elf
- Forsaken
- Goblin

People can sometimes get really obtuse. The prefixes matter, whether they'd like to face the reality of that or not.
11/12/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Crøwley

Ok Human.

Didn't realize these guys were High Elves.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Silver_Covenant

Maybe you and others who think so should tell Blizzard to correct such a mistake yes? Let us know how it goes.

That "High Elves" are playable on the Horde is Irrelevant to why we want Playable High Elves on the Alliance.

It's not a race issue, it's an ideology issue. We want to play as the faction of High Elves that didn't join the Horde and that remained loyal to the Alliance.

Such as the Silver Covenant, who are alliance High Elves, which makes me question what difference do you see between saying Alliance High Elves and Silver Covenant.

Because clearly High Elf and Blood Elf exists currently to denote an ideological difference, not a biological one. To deny this is simply obtuseness of the used nomenclature.

That's why we call High Elves High Elves and Blood Elves Blood Elves, for clarity, but some people like you prefer to be obstinate on the obfuscation of semantics to derail the actual conversation.

That's the issue.
11/12/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Cantaloupe
11/12/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Talendrion
Someone's been studying at Khadgar's School for Silver Foxes.

;D why thank you, tho he is far too young to be a real silver fox!
Apparently if you are a good poster in the new forums you can post images.

Can't wait!
How about this? High Elves should be released along with Wildhammer Dwarves.

Both races are nature centric, and would bring in some much needed cultural diversity to the Alliance, which is very heavily centered around the Light and humans. High Elves and Wildhammers share a kinship; as they are usually seen together in their lodges and outposts. They would join the Night Elves who are also a warrior/ranger/nature centric race. They would be like the Zandalari and Taurens; those races bring diversity to the Horde by worshipping the Light rather than shamanism.

High Elves and Wildhammers would each have 3 distinct groups of elves and dwarves that branch off from a single lineage. Each very proud of their unique cultural differences and heritage. Dwarves and Elves in cannon, hate to be confused or mistaken for each other.

Ironforge Dwarf: Wildhammer > Bronzebeard > Dark Iron

Thalassian Elf: High Elf > Blood Elf > Void Elf

They could bring in new classes. Druids for Wildhammer Dwarves, and Druids and Paladins for High Elves. They would be what the Zandalari are for the Horde. Each culture can sustain both nature centric Druids, and Light worshipping Paladins.
I am....10000000% for Wildhammer Dwarves and High Elves, I’d be complete if we got those two Allied Races!