confession

General Discussion
i had to get stitches on my knee because i fell on the stairs and cut my knee open because a spider i was trying to kill's body fell on the step i was about to step on and i panicked... kind of feel like it was that spiders last revenge to die in place that it knew would freak me out.

.... needless to say, im not fond of spiders.
Well that sure doesn't sound like a fun experience.

I killed a big spider just yesterday actually. It was a big black spider. I kept seeing some kind of little shadowy type thing around my feet. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Then I seen it skitter out beyond my desk a a little bit. It was definitely no baby.

How's the knee feeling?
10/05/2018 02:17 AMPosted by Sariatu
i had to get stitches on my knee because i fell on the stairs and cut my knee open because a spider i was trying to kill's body fell on the step i was about to step on and i panicked... kind of feel like it was that spiders last revenge to die in place that it knew would freak me out.

This is why every so often you need to just burn down your house and rebuilt, that will teach the spiders!

There is a cave in BFA here that is just full of spiders, go hang out there.
I once had a big, juicy, horrifying spider spindle down from the ceiling between me and my computer monitor at like 2AM.

Unfortunately my blanket I was using to keep warm had gotten caught under the wheels of my chair. Thus my flailing attempt to escape the spider resulted in my falling forward into the spider itself.

I proceeded to throw myself away from the desk and went right over the chair, tipping it over.

My boyfriend found me panicking about spiders in my hair after the commotion.

Turns out my panic completely overwhelmed the large gash I’d gotten from smashing my head into my desk. Didn’t go for stitches but maybe should have.

I really hate spiders. More so now of course, but plenty enough at the time.
10/05/2018 02:48 AMPosted by Atalanta
I once had a big, juicy, horrifying spider spindle down from the ceiling between me and my computer monitor at like 2AM.

Unfortunately my blanket I was using to keep warm had gotten caught under the wheels of my chair. Thus my flailing attempt to escape the spider resulted in my falling forward into the spider itself.

I proceeded to throw myself away from the desk and went right over the chair, tipping it over.

Turns out my panic completely overwhelmed the large gash I’d gotten from smashing my head into my desk. Didn’t go for stitches but maybe should have.

That is just adorable.

⺌∅‿∅⺌

Did you at least manage to kill the spider with your fall, with your forehead at least?
10/05/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Yayayayayaya

Did you at least manage to kill the spider with your fall, with your forehead at least?

Yeah this was my question. Did you bring frontal lobe justice to its miserable existence?

i just died laughing. lol that made my day. i could picture everything so clearly lmao
10/05/2018 02:37 AMPosted by Woodspath
Well that sure doesn't sound like a fun experience.

I killed a big spider just yesterday actually. It was a big black spider. I kept seeing some kind of little shadowy type thing around my feet. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Then I seen it skitter out beyond my desk a a little bit. It was definitely no baby.

How's the knee feeling?

oh, thats was a really long time ago. but i have a nice little scar to remember it lol
10/05/2018 02:56 AMPosted by Shadina
Yeah this was my question. Did you bring frontal lobe justice to its miserable existence?

I’m not clear on what killed the spider, but it was dead. Could have been my forehead, or a flailing arm.
I have two pet tarantulas you'd love to meet. :)
I hate spiders.

It's a visceral hatred for them.

I will do spider quests on my main one time. I skip any quest or quest line on my alts because of spiders being part of them.
i had to get stitches on my knee because i fell on the stairs and cut my knee open because a spider i was trying to kill's body fell on the step i was about to step on and i panicked.

I feel like you could have avoided that entire problem by simply not murdering your eight-legged roommate.
I once woke up in a tent with a Missouri tarantula while camping. I climbed out and my friend woke up to the sound of the little claws hitting the tent floor. They proceeded to jump up and start running (their legs were sticking out of the door hole and torso still in the tent) with the tent, and spider, billowing behind them. Still chuckle about that.

Just this morning woke up to one of those giant millipede demons in my bathroom
People at work call me when that see a spider and I catch then and put them outside. They have life just like we do, why do they deserve to die for no reason?
yeh, centi or millipedes are scarier.
10/05/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Chrisonis
People at work call me when that see a spider and I catch then and put them outside. They have life just like we do, why do they deserve to die for no reason?

I tend to think of it like this. If I walk into a bears home, I’m going to be killed. A lions home I’ll be killed.

In nature, it’s fairly normal for things to defend their territory against things they don’t like.

So, if it’s in my personal space, and there isn’t an open window or something nearby, I’m going to keep my personal space the way I want it.

Out and about I’ll just (very hastily) vacate the area it’s in.

You must have missed the 'please read' that is stickied at the top of this forum where it states that this forum is to discuss anything World of Warcraft related and also the Code of Conduct rule against making non-constructive posts.
Nah this helps mate.

We need moar spider mounts! noo...

WE NEED A NERUBIAN MOUNT!
Ladelyse, you must have missed the note stickied in elementary school where it clearly stated that discussions about how awful spiders are for the rest of your life are fine and trump all other rules.

Besides, spiders ARE game related. There’s about a billion of them all over the game trying to kill your toon.

Just for you, here are the lyrics to what is IMO one of the greatest punk songs ever: Spiders in the Dressing Room by Toy Dolls. Have a listen to the original, crack a smile, and for heaven’s sake, relax.

I was getting dressed late one night
Along came a spider and I got a fright
Oh I could not squash it flat
No matter how I tried
And when it looked me in the eye
I ran away to hide...
I put on me Doctor Martin shoes
A battle with the spider that I wasn't gonna loose
A kick from the left a kick from the right
I was on the floor but I was alright
It was gonna be a long long night

CHORUS: