Are Etrigg and Trollbane dead now?

General Discussion
Which perspective is canon?

The Horde perspective where Trollbane is killed or the Alliance version, where they manage to take down the legendary Etrigg?

Or are they both canon?

Did they both die during the battle for Arathi or...
none is canon, they are defeated, not dead.
They retreat, depending on whose turn it is for Warfronts.
Arathi Highlands was merely a setback.
Depends on the way the story goes. I doubt they'll kill either of them.
I dunno... I've killed them both a number of times. They pop right back up, like mold or bad politicians.

Cookie anyone?
when you beat them during the warfront they dont die, they just fall to their knees and are most likely taken into custody for torture.
Eitrigg simply kneels down at the end of the warfront, so he definitely isnt dead.
They're giving their voices a rest after shouting loud enough to hear each other across an entire battlefield
They're about as dead as Drek'thar and Vanndar Stormpike.

Also, killable =/= Dead
I was in a glitched Warfront earlier that didn’t end after defeating Etrigg. When a warfront ends, rather than die, the enemy commander falls to their knees.
Not Eitrigg :'(
They aren't dead. Other characters set to be defeated at warfronts:

Muradin
Lady Liadrin
Turalyon

I highly doubt any of those 3 would be killed in a silly PvE experience.
09/25/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Sunday
They're giving their voices a rest after shouting loud enough to hear each other across an entire battlefield
Sounds like romantic tension to me.
They are just actors in the game.

After the raid is over, they both go hang out in the bar, have a beer and laugh about those crazy role players who beat on them.
09/25/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Sunday

And making sure everyone knows of their up to the minute strategic plan.
Remember that movie, "Clue"? With the multiple endings?

It could've happened this way. Or maybe this is the way things were?

BFA has a lot of these "maybe it happened this way" storytelling moments.
09/25/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Nommi
They are just actors in the game.

After the raid is over, they both go hang out in the bar, have a beer and laugh about those crazy role players who beat on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jon4GV1u3uM
09/25/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Grumbles
I dunno... I've killed them both a number of times. They pop right back up, like mold or bad politicians.

Cookie anyone?

Sure i'll take a few snicker doodles.
If memory serves the trollbanes are supposed to be dead. Something about old wow and a quest to kill the last living trolllbane if I read somewhere else right.

Yet there was a trollbane. PLot armour...people only die for real when story needs it.

I foresee both alive and well. Unless they get feedback Etrigg lacked as a new orc commander for sylvanas and is no Saurfange. then yeah he will be dead and we get try outs for a new orc leader/hero to fill his job vacancy.
09/25/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Duvainil
If memory serves the trollbanes are supposed to be dead. Something about old wow and a quest to kill the last living trolllbane if I read somewhere else right.

Yet there was a trollbane. PLot armour...people only die for real when story needs it.

You may be thinking of Prince Galen Trollbane. But the one that is in Arathi is Danath Trollbane, who went to Draenor in Warcraft 2. He was never killed. So, no, not "plot armor".

As for Eitrigg, I thought he was supposed to be some honorable Orc, and that even Tirion saw that and spared him. But this Eitrigg is a warmongering conqueror with no honor. Tirion should be rolling in his grave for not killing him when he was supposed to. Should be, but we all know Tirion loves just sitting in cold places doing nothing while others do all the work...