Why do folks who hate BFA still play?

General Discussion
Same reason people smoke cigs even though they want to quit. Physical addiction to video games probably hasn't had conclusive studies but giving up 14 years of something, even if it's world of warcraft, isn't easy for everyone.
Personally, I still play because for the most part, I still enjoy the game, and I have several friends who still play. However, like others, I am disappointed in how the game has changed, and not for the better, but I am hoping that WoW will return to its former glory and enjoyment factor.
I wouldn’t say I hate it, but I’m not a big fan. I don’t look forward to logging in. I log on only when I have absolutely jack !@#$ to do that’s constructive.

My time hasn’t lapsed yet, so I’m just playing out the sub til it does. Already been paid for, no harm in using the time. I’m casually working towards 7th Legion Exalted and Pathfinder. That way, if Blizz knocks my socks off with a future patch, then I’m not so far behind if I decide to re-up.

And if I can squeeze out exalted with 7th Legion in the next 7 days, I’ll have to decide if paying for another month is worth it to level a DID.
Hopeless addiction unfortunately..

Sad really to see so many stuck in a game they hate
It's because we're like the horse in the story "Animal farm"
I like playing with my friends.

If they left, I'm outta here too. Guess Blizzard is preying on our friendship.
I don't hate BfA, but I definitely don't think Blizzard respects the playerbase anymore, as evidenced by the freemium game design mechanics that they've added to every game they're developing.

However, since every major game studio follow the exact same business model now, I'll stick with WoW since I've already invested nearly 15 years into it.
09/25/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Glumrot
Hopeless addiction unfortunately..

Sad really to see so many stuck in a game they hate

Being unhappy with something is different than hatred. Stop generalizing everybody.
09/25/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Aerbota
I am curious after reading the forums for the past month or so how much BFA sucks or is hated...

So my question is why players who play in BFA and hate it still play? I find it ironic that no one is forcing folks to remain here yet there is an endless litany of complaints 24/7/365.

I figured the logic is if you hate BFA don’t play the game. It is pretty simple. WoW is meant to be fun and if you aren’t having fun then there are other awesome options to pursue.

Sub runs out in 4 days.

People still play because they love warcraft and have invested a ton of time into it.

They see a game that was once the pinnacle of gaming turning into a joke and it isn't fun to watch.
09/25/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Smadinkle
Because many of us care about the game more than you do.

We stay here in hopes that the game we grew to love will take direction back on the right path. It's rather clear that many players are not thrilled with the new direction WoW is heading down. Many of us probably don't want to start over somewhere else. And nearly all of us have friends we'd rather not up and leave behind.

it's probably stupid we stay, but that's why I believe most players who are unhappy with this game stay.

If you've been here for awhile, you should've learned that complaining about the direction of the game is pretty futile. Even well written constructive feedback is doesn't change the game, though I'm sure Blizz reads and appreciates the input.

Most of the complaints are stuff that's right-now in the game and we have no idea if that right-now will be changed to something else in upcoming patches. It may or may not change into something "better" for the complainers though.

The thing is, if you really love this game then you let it be the game that the devs want it to be. Just like love in real life, you can't mold your partner nor change them into something they're not. People try that all the time and end up with failed relationships. You can't force it - you need to move on.

Let it be. Play the game as it is, don't try to change it. If you don't like something or other, don't do that part.

I've been subbed continuously since 2005. I find things to do daily....until I run out then I play a Switch game or something til WoW is new again. It works for me.
Addiction.

Both to the game and the attention that comes from throwing a fit over it.
It’s been apart of my life since childhood. I’ve been a customer of it, supporting it, and trying to enjoy it for almost fifteen years. I wouldn’t mind it being good again. In the meantime I’ll take “just OK”.
Addiction, and unsubscribing doesn't automatically disable your ability to post.

<-- 45 hours left.

09/25/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Crosswalk
It’s been apart of my life since childhood. I’ve been a customer of it, supporting it, and trying to enjoy it for almost fifteen years. I wouldn’t mind it being good again. In the meantime I’ll take “just OK”.

Also this, but frequent unsubs from me shows my tolerance is lowering. Just waiting for Classic, and I might resub for 8.1.
09/25/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Näglfär
Lack of a better MMO to jump to.
I am curious after reading the forums for the past month or so how much BFA sucks or is hated...

So my question is why players who play in BFA and hate it still play? I find it ironic that no one is forcing folks to remain here yet there is an endless litany of complaints 24/7/365.

I figured the logic is if you hate BFA don’t play the game. It is pretty simple. WoW is meant to be fun and if you aren’t having fun then there are other awesome options to pursue.

Have played off and on since vanilla, but more often than not. For me, I love the game, the environments, immersion, characters, story etc. I do not like how much BFA was rushed, buggy, imbalanced and dont like a lot of the changes they have made.

Most of what I dislike is also disliked by a lot of the playerbase and I have hope that sooner or later, they will figure out they are screwing up the game and start fixing it. For right now I still get enough enjoyment to play it, if that changes or they dont actually start improving it, I will leave. I think a lot of people are in that boat and dont want to abandon a game they have loved and invested so much in for years and are giving them a little more time, while being very vocal about what they dont like, to fix the game.
I'm not playing. I do hope the game improves so I can start playing again. But as it is, i dont find the game fun.
People forget that WoW has been around for over a decade, and that a majority of people that take the time to write passionately on the forums invested countless hours and money into it.

It should be understandable when people come to the forums to state their complaints. I certainly don't do this for any other game, I just leave silently.
09/25/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Glumrot
Hopeless addiction
/thread

Its called subs don't run out when you cancel. Mine is done tonight so no more dumpster fire for me. Gonna watch for improvements. I doubt i will see any though as Ion seems intent on taking live back to vanilla days.
Sub runs out in October. I still enjoy weekly logging, pet battles, transmog. But the constant changes to classes, borked systems, and no answers from blizzard kinda making it hard to renew. Azerite is a frustrating system, waaay too many options with no real gameplay added by them besides mindless procs, most useless. Warmode was a nice addition, wish they made those pvp abilities baseline but w.e.

I enjoyed what I got out of it but BFA feels kinda like a hackjob compared to legion.