To the bliz employee who did the restart...

General Discussion
Sorry you had to be up this early to do this reset that people will probably verbally abuse you online for.

You're a hard worker and we appreciate you all doing what is necessary to keep the game running.

Thanks for caring.
And it is their job...so we don’t care and last I checked this was a paid for service.
Also to the Blizzard employee, thanks for doing your job for the restart, but also have the CM folks post something to, you know, communicate with the folks paying for the game.

You know, the thing Ion talked about how badly they've been at so far?
09/26/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Eademoi
Sorry you had to be up this early to do this reset that people will probably verbally abuse you online for.

You're a hard worker and we appreciate you all doing what is necessary to keep the game running.

Thanks for caring.

ITT: OP Patting himself and his Blizzard colleagues on the back.
Probably someone on the night shift, I very much doubt they had to get up early, they have a game that runs 24/7, they have staff there the whole time incase something goes wrong.
09/26/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Garuurak
And it is their job...so we don’t care and last I checked this was a paid for service.

This paid service doesnt exist without the dedication and hard work of those who maintain it.

Stop being a petulant child.
You have absolutely no evidence to support the statement that the person is hardworking.
You do realize that Blizzard runs 24/7 and they have employees there at all times right?
One person? I wish it was that simple. It's probably a lot more people involved than we could ever imagine.
well it is up there now, the warning that is ..On the front page.
09/26/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Eademoi

This paid service doesnt exist without the dedication and hard work of those who maintain it.

OHHH look at that, the OP insulted you just like a mature adult would..........
Yeah we get it, you're really virtuous.

Good job.
Even the schedule maintenance notice is time gated
09/26/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Eademoi

Thats not how GMs reply must be one of those ppl who beg for gear in raids XD
09/26/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Kwashiorkor
One person? I wish it was that simple. It's probably a lot more people involved than we could ever imagine.

Sometimes I wonder what these companies look like in your heads?

You realize that a coorporate entity like ACTIVISION/BLIZZARD wants as much money as possible, they don't keep an army of workers online during the day.
09/26/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Aelora
Also to the Blizzard employee, thanks for doing your job for the restart, but also have the CM folks post something to, you know, communicate with the folks paying for the game.

To be fair, they have been saying that their communication has been failing and they want to do better since... alllll the way back to the start of WoD.

Y'know, during that period in time in which every developer would provide completely different information as to what to expect in the expansion. That was a fun roller-coaster.
09/26/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Aelora

Seeing how it was not announced I am going to assume it was an unscheduled emergency restart. The people that can make the post are most likely sleep and this is not a big enough thing to wake them up. A good deal of the people that play WoW work or have worked, we all know that sometimes things happen. Granted this just adds to the list of things that is going wrong with this xpac for people.
09/26/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Kazdum
You do realize that Blizzard runs 24/7 and they have employees there at all times right?

We still respect them #Respect
1: it's very unlikely the tech that reset the server reads what GD has to say. They might not even work directly for Blizzard.

2: Yes WoW is a subscription based game... With NOTHING in the eula giving set up or downtimes, or a ratio of up to down.

3: Yer the reason burger flippers spit in food.