What does it actually take to enact change?

General Discussion
Every day I see posts on here/the subreddit calling for something to be done about the general dissatisfaction with the state of the game. We all know what players are unhappy about at this point, there's no reason for me to list them out again. While there are plenty of reasons to enjoy this expansion, I can't seem to get past those negative aspects of it. It seems all of our concerns/suggestions/beta feedback have fallen on deaf ears (or those unwilling to hear). This game has historically been a big part of my life, as I'm sure it has been of others, and it's not like any of us making these posts want the game to fail. I encourage everyone who is unhappy with these design choices and how the feedback regarding them is being handled to continue to vocalize (hopefully in a constructive way) so that we can work with Blizzard to make this game something we can all love again. Until then, I just unsubscribed, and I'm really not happy about that.
Acquiring a development job at Blizzard entertainment.
Not defending the Devs, but I don't think the average player understands what goes into 'fixing' the game. Reverting Azerite Gear is a ton of resources and with the quality control issues (which always indicate either poor management or overextended staff) its probably something we're just going to have to deal with.

I hate Warfronts and Island Expeditions as well, but there's a good chance people are enjoying it (not that post here). All 3 are fixable, but I think its going to take a patch or 2 if they want to go that direction.
I think it is actually important to list out your complaints with the game.
People think that you can snap your fingers and ‘fix’ thousands of hours of coding
The biggest problem is thinking the handful of posters on GD and Reddit are reflective of the over all playerbase.

People are more likely to complain that post neutral or positive threads.

Do I think BFA needs some help? Sure. Do I think its as bad as people are making it out to be? Nope. Its just trendy to jump on the complain wagon and yell as loud as possible.
Switch to playing SWTOR if you don’t enjoy BFA :)
10/10/18 @ 10:39am my sub runs out. I haven’t logged on in over a week. I hope things get better, fight the good fight guys but I’m throwing in the towel.
09/29/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Akston
The biggest problem is thinking the handful of posters on GD and Reddit are reflective of the over all playerbase.

Do I think BFA needs some help? Sure. Do I think its as bad as people are making it out to be? Nope. Its just trendy to jump on the complain wagon and yell as loud as possible.

I play multiple characters in multiple guilds. If you want to turn a blind eye that is fine but when you go from 30-40 active player to struggling to get 10, there is an issue.

I still have things that keep me busy so I am here for now. But it is getting very quiet and without the social aspect, this game is not great.
If you want something done, all you have to do is present your feedback in a polite, organized, and sensical manner.

Once you do that, the developers will take your feedback and discuss it internally.
Never happen because Ion and the devs think they know better than everyone else that actually play the game.
09/29/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Hermondonia
09/29/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Akston

I play multiple characters in multiple guilds. If you want to turn a blind eye that is fine but when you go from 30-40 active player to struggling to get 10, there is an issue.

I still have things that keep me busy so I am here for now. But it is getting very quiet and without the social aspect, this game is not great.

Maybe they all joined my guild. My guild has increased in players since BFA launched.
09/29/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Akston
09/29/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Hermondonia

Maybe they all joined my guild. My guild has increased in players since BFA launched.

That statement makes no sense. They are still in our guild but do not log on.
Not being named doofee while attempting to be taken seriously is a start.
09/29/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Lokath
If you want something done, all you have to do is present your feedback in a polite, organized, and sensical manner.

Once you do that, the developers will take your feedback and discuss it internally.

This made me laugh.
Well im just sayin if you buy me a pizza i may be able to pull a couple strings............ please buy me a pizza
You have to wish upon a star and have true faith :)
Think of it this way.

It took at least 2 years to come up with what we have in BfA. At least 2 years to design, program, and build it. Everything is intertwined for the expansion.

So, to have the expectation that certain things will be removed and replaced 2 months after launch, that just shows you do not understand the complex system we are working with. They can fine-tune and fix things here or there. But to actually remove things and replace them is extremely complicated.

Some things will get fixed, some fine-tuned, but it will take time over the span of the expansion. If you don't want to wait, come back in a year and play with catch-up mechanics.
09/29/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Hermondonia
09/29/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Akston

That statement makes no sense. They are still in our guild but do not log on.

Neither does judging the WoW playerbase based on the guild you are in.
I doubt that there is much people calling for changes.
People enjoy the game in general, otherwise they would not even play.

What we see on the forum and elsewhere is called an "echo chamber".

Echo chamber:
[ a situation in which beliefs are amplified or reinforced by communication and repetition inside a closed system ]