STOP the LIES, 20-120 only takes 48 hours

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 Next
10/06/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Lakuna
10/06/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Odinmar
FYI that is not why we have level scaling. Only people who never actually removed their heirlooms and tried to level think pre-7.3.5 leveling was "fixed" by simply removing heirlooms.

I'm not talking specifically about level scaling- I'm talking about people who insisted on putting on heirlooms and then went whinging everywhere, talking about how it was 'too much XP' and they 'could't finish stories because it went green/grey too fast, and how that played into nerfing how much XP we'd get.

They were the same ones crying about how easy everything is, as if questing should be on par with end game content or something.

If you are wondering if whiny entitled people are why we can't have nice things, then let me confirm: yes, whiny entitled people are why we can't have nice things.

Luckily many say they are unsubbing now.

Unluckily most of those are lying.
Meanwhile one of my alts has finally dingged 114!

Only 5 more months to go.
10/06/2018 05:21 PMPosted by Palastorm
Meanwhile one of my alts has finally dingged 114!

Only 5 more months to go.

5 at 120 so far here, all of the alts easily at 330-340 or so. I wouldn't have known there was a horrible leveling problem, except for the forums.
10/06/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Onaxisthrom
These people obviously never played way back in the day when a level took a month.

I started during Wrath before Blizzard really started adding quality of life changes.

I remember needing arrows/bullets and a quiver. I remember having to wait until 10 to train to tame. I remember training pets. I remember pets getting mad and leaving you because you ran out of food.

I remember how long it took to level, how that burned me out so bad that I quit at level 77 for several months before coming back and finishing the grind for the last 3 levels.

That was all over 8 years ago. Between then and now expansion leveling got nerfed, classes have received multiple reworks, we've had major stat changes, and 2 number crunches. Leveling got really fast and prior to Legion Blizzard gave us a few months of super power leveling content.

Then they pulled a 180 and went for super slow. We were a little too powerful in old content, but that varied based on spec. We have 36 of those which are barely balanced at 120 and 1-100 they don't even attempt to balance. Shoot Legion mobs have less health than WoD mobs!

You can't go for nearly a decade with a design intent geared towards getting players to new content faster then suddenly decide to make it take 2 or 3 times longer and not expect a lot of pushback. Particularly when you don't take the time to make sure the experience is good for everyone.

Blizzard required Proving Grounds Silver to unlock Heroics at one point, but didn't tailor the challenges to the available specs at the time which made them faceroll for some specs and major annoyances for others. Same for Mage Tower. They would have to give spec level attention to all 36 specs through all levels up to Legion to make leveling a truly good experience.
Why do people keep bringing up classic wow's 1-60? We are at 120 levels now with 7 expansions. Do the math people.
I think just eliminating the inconsistencies between mob health and exp awarded from quests would go a long ways towards fixing this issue.

All mobs should scale similarly to those in Legion. It doesn't make a single bit of sense that in the same gear mobs in WoD will have 8k health but then you jump into any area in Legion and you're now fighting mobs with 4k health. And this is just normal questing trash, not the elites.

Anything before Legion just feels bad and tedious. Progress is so slow and unrewarding. While legion leveling goes by at light speed compared to other areas because they perfected the zone questing layouts and everything else about it.

They can keep their scaling bull!@#$, just fix the inconsistencies.
10/04/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Southrnrebel
People going it hate but leveling is better than ever.

People just want their mindless faceroll gameplay back.

I’ve seen the content a million times on different characters I don’t give a rats behind about the story while leveling
10/05/2018 07:49 AMPosted by Vyndralx
The forums always amaze me on how little they actually represent the game. When i was was a noob i had so much fun with the game. When the difficulty ramped up i didnt run to the forums and complain about how terrible this and that mechanic is and how it should be nerfed.

Its sad to me how little self respect people have these days.

When I was a new player toward the end of Pandaria I had lots of fun leveling. I found the difficulty challenging at times, because unlike many posing as new players, I actually was someone who had never played a game like this before.

New players don't "run to the forums and complain about how terrible this and that mechanic is and how it should be nerfed". New players are busy playing the game, maybe too busy to visit the forums.

But I'll tell you one thing. If I'd run into the leveling situation as it is now I would never have subscribed.

Endlessly slogging through thousands of identical trashpacks on the request of questgivers who don't seem to have any reason for wanting you to do what they told you to do except to annoy you by making you travel from one end of the zone to the other dozens of times.

And love those "end of storyline" quests they put in to make sure elite players would think casual noobs were getting challenged enough to deserve to share pixels with them. Quests so overtuned they can't be done until you are 10 levels out of the zone, yeah! I love keeping a spreadsheet of quests that I need to take time to come back to much later because it was so important to make them really difficult but not nearly important enough to test them on an at level player.

And those mechanics, good thing they didn't bother to test them, what a waste of time when you can just have boss mobs throw players who are supposed to be able to kill them off a mountain over and over again until RNG allows them to kill that mob, complete the storyline and be permitted to move on to the next storyline, rather than having to leave the zone and find another because storylines now often gate further quests in zones.

What else? Quests that were never PvP quests before but are now, so you get flagged for absolutely no reason but to get the devs all excited about noobs getting ganked on PvE servers.

And those 5 person questlines that can't be completed unless you find 5 other players in the zone who are at the same place and want to help you. Nice touch making players come back to Northrend when they are level 95 to finish those quests that previously were optional but now are required.

What else? Old rep quests that were removed but now are back in, still broken.

Most of those zones only have a few leveling players in them. More players are doing loremaster than leveling. Gee, too bad they decided to kill off leveling in order to get a few more hours of time played out of allied race levelers.

If everybody's equally unhappy, does that mean it's good for the game?

If everybody hates these yet you post glowingly in favor of them, maybe you're wrong. Or maybe you just have no self-respect.
10/06/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Juggalo
No, it's pointing out that I'm autistic and only play one class after having leveled everything else to 110. I don't like casters, at all. There has never been a game where I have gone "oh boy, I get to play a caster", its not because being ranged sucks in WoW, its because being ranged sucks. That isn't an argument.

I have been diagnosed too, to top it off i have a rare genetic disorder that dealt me some fun birth defects. I know what its like to draw the short straw too, we're not opposites in that respect. Real life has dealt us lame hands but thats beside the point.

I have tried warrior and i have tried balance druid. I also have shadow priest and frost mage under my belt so far and the warrior was by far the most fluid to level. and using my own leveling path was easily the fastest. Though my leveling path has changed since scaling, but back in the day I used to be pretty amazing at KO'ing entire expansion brackets in a day or less. As it is I personally find 60-80 fast and easy because it hasnt been messed up so much in term of on rails questing I can still grab a full quest log go out into a zone finish all the quests and get 1-2 levels in a single hit of 60ish minutes

All that said I hate melee, im clumsy in close range and get flustered when things happen while im standing under a bosses leg. I PREFER ranged gameplay but I still smashed out my warrior with great ease and simplicity
10/06/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Onaxisthrom
These people obviously never played way back in the day when a level took a month.

burning crusade, my first character a night elf hunter took something like 30 days of /played to max. But that was my first. My second, a frost mage took 2 weeks, my 3rd, a enhance shammy took 7 days.

By wotlk I was printing alts and had my roster on the nagrand server at full lvl 80's.

As for original wow, I didnt play then but back then 1-60 was the game it wasnt 1-60, then 60-70, then 70-80, then 80-85, then 85-90, then 90-100, then 100-110, then 110-120. /smile

^ This

Blizzard overcompensated and made it way too easy/fast to level up, which in turn resulted in clueless people at max level. What people are really up in arms about is the fact that it was finally fixed. Hell, when it first got to the insane pace that it was, it never felt right to me. Issue shouldn't have lingered as long as it did, because the end result was a ton of players who think that's how it is suppose to be. IMO, it's a good balance now. I actually had less fun leveling when it was faster and my BoA gear gave me enough power to one shot nearly everything.

Am I saying it's going to totally fix people not knowing their class at max level? Of course not. Those people will always exist in some way. And really, if you guys hate the grind now, then I can't wait to see what some of you say about Classic once it's out.

Leveling is in a good spot. It's not insultingly easy/fast, and it's not the slog that 1-60 could be at times.
10/07/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Lilus

^ This

Blizzard overcompensated and made it way too easy/fast to level up, which in turn resulted in clueless people at max level. What people are really up in arms about is the fact that it was finally fixed. Hell, when it first got to the insane pace that it was, it never felt right to me. Issue shouldn't have lingered as long as it did, because the end result was a ton of players who think that's how it is suppose to be. IMO, it's a good balance now. I actually had less fun leveling when it was faster and my BoA gear gave me enough power to one shot nearly everything.

Am I saying it's going to totally fix people not knowing their class at max level? Of course not. Those people will always exist in some way. And really, if you guys hate the grind now, then I can't wait to see what some of you say about Classic once it's out.

Leveling is in a good spot. It's not insultingly easy/fast, and it's not the slog that 1-60 could be at times.
Why didn't you just unequip your BoA/heirlooms then? Oh right, because...

You're excited for Classic, the crowd that generally wants to force people to play the way they want to play. The same people who complain about flying being implemented, while working towards Pathfinder simultaneously. I didn't play vanilla but I played BC, and I'll take a hard pass on "classic." It's going to flop anyway. Considering how divisive the classic community is, they're going to kill that game faster than the company ever could.

Since you think leveling is in a good spot, how many heritage armors have you unlocked since the changes?
Why should someone that's accumulated 40 alts over 10 years suddenly have their leveling slowed, just give them a tabard or something to increase XP by 100%, the weirdos that enjoy levelling in this game can still do it normally, people that have done it to death already can power through it.

Oh wait, we can but we have to pay $60 lmao.

Can't let them lose that revenue.
Began levelling this toon since during 7.3.5 and except the grind up to about 75 (Was at 75 when they nerfed the 60-80 leveling) I've loved it. Yes this toon started at 55 but I also have a Nightborne Monk currently at 64 that I've loved the levelling on so far but she's on a break while I get this toon to 120.

Blizzard overcompensated and made it way too easy/fast to level up, which in turn resulted in clueless people at max level.

I hear this fairly frequently that slower leveling equates to better players. As one who slogged through Vanilla leveling I'm going to call BS on that statement. I leveled as Holy because I didn't know any better at the time and I wanted to heal. Holy Fire, Smite, Smite, Bubble, Wand till dead, Renew. Rinse repeat over and over. *twirls finger* Boy that really gave me tonnes of practice healing.

In leveling dungeons the few times people used marks or CC the tank, a Warrior because they were the only viable tanks back then, would invariably break it when they'd charge in and Thunderclap. Focus fire? Hah! Hunter and pet on one MOb. Mage running in circles with another. Enh Shaman actually not doing half bad.

It wasn't till cap when I got into a good guild with people who helped me understand all the ins and outs as well as point me to guides that I can honestly say I started to "get" how to play my character well. The sole "advantage" to leveling was it gave me time to figure out my hotkey layout which, come to think of it, go tossed out the window when I started raiding and I had to redo it all from scratch.
Yesterday did a few hours 88-91 as disc priest. It still takes time to level alts. I was dreading it but it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I got to learn a spec I haven't played much as. Now I haven't started a fresh alt since 7.3.5 (I have no room), so I can't comment on the overall time (have 3 other 60-80s alts on this account, rest are 110+).
10/04/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Juggalo

Oh, you don't know who I am. You see, I have 13 120 warriors.

The real question here: why so many warriors? I mean, I main a warrior and love the class as much as any gal but holy f*** that's a lot of warriors.
Blizzard overcompensated and made it way too easy/fast to level up, which in turn resulted in clueless people at max level.

Hmm, you do know that Blizzard gives you a free 110 with BFA right. I mean those 10 levels are totally going to teach you how to play.

You might have a point, if it wasn't for the fact that most specs (there are 36) play differently at 120 than 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 being designed around the new expansion end game.

Specs tend to get basic AoE post 20, tanks post 40, threat redirection post 40, Mastery (highly important) at 80.

This character now has several instant cast hard hitting abilities that all work equally well meaning rotation and mechanics are no different than keyboard smashing.

My 40 mage has less abilities that are all very weak (Frost and Fire) meaning it doesn't matter what you use it's still taking forever. Again rotation and mechanics (which only work at max level) mean jack all.
yeah, warriors are grossly over powered.