Vulpera and high elves

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
WHY do people want more elves? They are already the most prevalent race in the game.

What I wouldn't give for some truly interesting, new races not just spinoffs/recolors of current races.
high elves are blood elves who are void elves. /thread
09/25/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Phlynch
09/25/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Naijin
Alliance should get the Devoted faction of Sethrak. Allied races, as all newer races, usually work well in pairs, and Sethrak are a logical pair race for Vulpera Hordeside.

Alliance would need a rep to get them, but Horde already have a Vulpera rep with Voldunai.

That's the problem with giving Kul'tiras three factions of humans and giving Zandalar actual variety.

Just have them require rep with the Order of Embers for some reason. That’s basically what they did with Void Elves and Argussian reach. Silly as that would be.

If not... giving Alliance Drust would be cool.
Seriously though, give us hozen. We even have hozen pirates around. I'm baffled that they didn't make jinyuu and hozen playable back then and will likely be skipping out on the next best opportunity.
09/25/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Solarwynds
09/25/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Rasoni
These are the 2 most requested allied races and this would be a good time to release them.
Why? So Anti-Blizzard folks could use it as evidence that Wow is dying? I think not. I will wait for them to be released if and when Blizzard decides.

Please be careful with those pitchforks, they are dangerous! /eyeroll

Who cares what Anti Blizzard folks think? Many players have asked for High elves for a long time. Hopefully blizzard would make them just different enough to not use the exact models. Hopefully the same Skelton though, something similar to the alexstrasza/ysera model! As long as Blizzard is making content and players are still playing.... it’s not a dying game.
09/25/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Rasoni
this would be a good time to release them

No, it wouldn't.
I still don;t understand why High elves are asked for when it has been outright stated they will Never be added to the game, the Blood elves are the high elves, go roll horde. The Model is the exact same except for Blue eyes.
09/25/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Arisia
WHY do people want more elves?

We don't want more elves, what we want is to be able to play as the elves that:

A. never left the Alliance, since Warcraft 2
B. have been showing up as NPCs- both soldiers and quest-givers- in many expansions, including Wrath
and C. should have been playable since WoW started.
Game has enough stupid elves.
*ahem*

There is a reason I set my Guild's MOTD to: "Dolly and Dot are my best friends. They pull my wagon through dunes of sand! They have small teeth and they love to eat..."

At this point, High Elves would just be icing on the cake.
Alliance high elves are no doubt the most requested race as far as the alliance goes. Not snakes, walrus people, jinyu, or whatever.

Saying strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ice cream are all flavors of ice cream doesn't change the fact they are different. High elves can be represented so in game with already discussed model tweaks like they did with the night elf model (looking at you nightbourne and zanadlari.) There is a way to make it work to satisfy all parties. Personally I wouldn't want it to be an exact recolor of belves myself, being more partial to a fan made model using the human as a base to show their human & elf lineage after mingling with humans for so long as Elisande herself said.

A lot of us weren't really satisfied when we asked for chocolate (high elves) and instead they dumped into a bowl and gave us void elves. In the meantime it sucks seeing Alliance High elves for so long but not being able to play them.

Hopeful for them someday but until they add them in game somehow or Ion literally stands on stage and says "no more elves ever" the threads will go on. A testament to their popularity as well as the controversy. Bring on the hate if you must but there is no race more requested for the alliance, period.
09/25/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Caliko
But we already have high elves on both sides.

I dont see any high elves. I see blood elves and void elves.
09/25/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Naijin
09/25/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Phlynch
Alliance would need a rep to get them, but Horde already have a Vulpera rep with Voldunai.

That's the problem with giving Kul'tiras three factions of humans and giving Zandalar actual variety.

Just have them require rep with the Order of Embers for some reason. That’s basically what they did with Void Elves and Argussian reach. Silly as that would be.

If not... giving Alliance Drust would be cool.

I saw Argussian reach rep being needed because it involved learning about how dangerous the void really was, like Mag'har are linked to Honorbound because the war effort is what inspires Sylvanas to seek out new troops.

If I was going to go that route, I would make them require Storm's Wake rep and have their recruitment involve sending the Senthrak food provisions after the Horde's carelessness destroys wherever they're getting food from now.

Drust are just a faction of Vrykul, who are mostly extinct. I suppose we could have new Vrykul show up, searching for their ancestors or something, but that would give the Alliance four separate "human" races and still have the problem that Vrykul are too big to fit in doors.
09/25/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Lorgyllen
I still don;t understand why High elves are asked for when it has been outright stated they will Never be added to the game, the Blood elves are the high elves, go roll horde. The Model is the exact same except for Blue eyes.

It was never stated they will never be added. Ion had said "no current plans to add them in bfa" but left the door open for the future.
09/25/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Lorgyllen

"Go play horde"

Dumbest comment anyone has ever said. Its basically telling me to delete all my alliance characters and leave all my friends behind to play blood elves which arent even high elves.
09/25/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Rasoni
Vulpera are coming we all know it.
So just release them already.

Also to address the high elf comments above, the real high elves look a million times better than blood elves or void elves

lore says right HERE- that a high elf is someone who sees the sunwell as holy/sacred, who IS connected to the sunwell like any high elf (due to the previous mentioned) and who serves the Sun king. Alliance elves are NONE of those things.

1) If they want to destroy the sunwell, for ANY reason- they are NOT a high elf.
2) if they removed themselves willingly from the sunwell, for political reasons or otherwise- and thus, do not drawn from its power anymore- they are NOT high elves.
3) if they abandoned their king, their homeland or what made them high elves to start with- read the above 2.

its the difference between alliance elves being referred to high elves, ONLY for a nobility they dont have/just to have a name but no culture vs real nobility changing their name (not race) but remaining true high elves/culture and biology.

As the high elves became more powerful, they cast an enchantment on the forests that bathed Quel'Thalas in eternal springtime, in defiance of the kingdom's location on the extreme north of the continent. From that point on, all high elves had access to the Sunwell's powers from anywhere on Azeroth. Over time, the high elves came to regard the Sunwell's waters as holy. Magic became part of their genes centuries before, but the Sunwell's unique energies became part of them acutely.[2]

if the alliance traitor elves were high elves- they would have golden eyes, regardless of where they are. but they willingly cut themselves off from the sunwell- leaving their bodies in a limbo from the last time they were connected to it (when it was arcane). they have not been high elves since the 2nd war.

the SUNWELL defines who is high elf and who isnt. this is a fact.

aka the High Elves ARE HORDE.

Elisande; You are peasants playing a nobility. All too willingly to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. you are unworthy of the name high elf.

sick of the biology and culture vs modernism arguments.

/discussion
Vulpera just started getting asked for and still don't even scratch the surface the crazy that is High Elf people.

Vulpera are unique a different race, High elves are the same old song and dance blood/void elves we already have.... This is the reason I personally get annoyed at every time I see another high elf, blood elf, vampire thread.

If your not happy with the four elf races we have already I am highly doubtful people will be happy with high elves.
09/25/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Rasoni
Vulpera are coming we all know it.
So just release them already.

Also to address the high elf comments above, the real high elves look a million times better than blood elves or void elves

lore says right HERE- that a high elf is someone who sees the sunwell as holy/sacred, who IS connected to the sunwell like any high elf (due to the previous mentioned) and who serves the Sun king. Alliance elves are NONE of those things.

1) If they want to destroy the sunwell, for ANY reason- they are NOT a high elf.
2) if they removed themselves willingly from the sunwell, for political reasons or otherwise- and thus, do not drawn from its power anymore- they are NOT high elves.
3) if they abandoned their king, their homeland or what made them high elves to start with- read the above 2.

its the difference between alliance elves being referred to high elves, ONLY for a nobility they dont have vs real nobility changing their name (not race) but remaining true high elves.

As the high elves became more powerful, they cast an enchantment on the forests that bathed Quel'Thalas in eternal springtime, in defiance of the kingdom's location on the extreme north of the continent. From that point on, all high elves had access to the Sunwell's powers from anywhere on Azeroth. Over time, the high elves came to regard the Sunwell's waters as holy. Magic became part of their genes centuries before, but the Sunwell's unique energies became part of them acutely.[2]

if the alliance traitor elves were high elves- they would have golden eyes, regardless of where they are. but they willingly cut themselves off from the sunwell- leaving their bodies in a limbo from the last time they were connected to it (when it was arcane). they have not been high elves since the 2nd war.

Elisande; You are peasants playing a nobility. All too willingly to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. you are unworthy of the name high elf.

/discussion

/your opinion.

By this very logic, when the Sunwell imploded and the Blood Elves resorted to Fel because their was no Sunwell to get their magic fix from, they are no longer High Elves either. The sunwell is not the same as it was before. So thank you, for establishing that you realize Blood Elves are not High Elves they once were.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

its the difference between alliance elves being referred to high elves, ONLY for a nobility they dont have vs real nobility changing their name (not race) but remaining true high elves.

/discussion

/your opinion.

By this very logic, when the Sunwell imploded and the Blood Elves resorted to Fel because their was no Sunwell to get their magic fix from, they are no longer High Elves either. The sunwell is not the same as it was before. So thank you, for establishing that you realize Blood Elves are not High Elves they once were.

no, actually. the first quoted- is from high elf lore.

under Rise of Quel'Thalas section.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

which you conveniently removed from your reply LOL. so here it is again-
As the high elves became more powerful, they cast an enchantment on the forests that bathed Quel'Thalas in eternal springtime, in defiance of the kingdom's location on the extreme north of the continent. From that point on, ALL HIGH ELVES had access to the Sunwell's powers from anywhere on Azeroth. Over time, the high elves came to regard the Sunwell's waters as holy. Magic became part of their genes centuries before, but the Sunwell's unique energies became part of them acutely.[2]

blood elves are a product of being connected to a tainted sunwell. which was not of their own choice. they remained high elves up until then, even if tainted by their holy fount and continued to live as high elves- up until it was purified.

azeroth high elves never touched fel. only outland elves that followed kael or were exiled there later on. because fel use in Quel'Thalas was not allowed.

i never once said that high elves on the horde changed. i clarified that alliance traitor elves are NOT high elves and so says their OWN (OUR) lore.

/your opinion.

no, actually. the first quoted- is from high elf lore.

under Rise of Quel'Thalas section.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

Doesn't make what I said any less factual. I was talking about your point of view at the end, not the link from lore.

You simply try to make something fit an abolish anything you disagree with. Either that, or you just choose to ignore it. That's not going to win you any arguments and make all your opinions weightless when you do that.

Fact of the matter is, yes the Sunwell affected all High Elves, but when it was lost.. not all were present in Quel'Thalas for its destruction or the loss of so many people. The residents of Stormwind, Theramore, Dalaran, and Various Lodges would have felt the loss.. but simply were not there for it.. nor the renaming of their Kin. They also were not present for their Princes betrayal and the distribution of Fel crystals, mana tap, and the Siphoning of Living creatures. The ones that happened to be, and refused to do so, we're Exiled. Because Lor'themar wouldn't lead a divided nation.

Those are the High Elves that we desire, and whether or not "you" feel they aren't different. Lore states that they are in the ways "you" feel aren't good enough. This makes it "your opinion."

You also stated "they willingly cut themselves off from the sunwell- leaving their bodies in a limbo from the last time they were connected to it (when it was arcane)." Meaning you understand that they are not connected to it still to this day if they chose not to be. And yes, there were some that refused Lor'themars offers. They found their own way of dealing with it. This makes them different.

If different Antlers, tattoos, slight skin colors, eye colors, are good enough for the other Allied Races to be playable, then it's good enough for Alliance High Elves. At this point, it's little more then people throwing a fit because some people are asking for something slightly different, but still true to the original. But that's exactly what you got in Night Bourne.