Vulpera and high elves

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
I can see the Tortollans becoming playable for the alliance that way they can have a race we both helped, and end that controversy.
Vulperas just awaits a yes or no from the devs!
Vulperas have received many improvements and if they are made available to players, they should receive some quest and reputation to be released over BfA!
So I hope!

And the alliance would never have received High Elves!
The devs do not think a good thing for the game and the Horde players would not like it!

Then, Ally will not have High Elves, even though they are walking around every corner, they do not exist!

09/25/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Caliko
But we already have high elves on both sides.

Wrong!

We have Blood elves in the Horde and Purple Blood Elves, scraped from the Horde, on Ally and delivered as a bribe, to make up for something we'll never have with something we never wanted!

Blood Elves never liked the alliance, they attributed all that happened to Garithos to all humans and wished to use the corrupting power that now defiles them, to use mainly against alliance, to protect Silvermoon!
But now, they will use to kill the people they wanted to save! Crazy?
Typical of Blood elves!

Blood Elves who has no history or rational reasons to be in the alliance!
Except to avoid becoming indigent, after being expelled from Silvermoon!
09/25/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Leviahthan
I can see the Tortollans becoming playable for the alliance that way they can have a race we both helped, and end that controversy.

Tortollans aren't nearly as close to playable as Vulpera and Senthrak are.

Vulpera have player ready models as is. Senthrak use the Fem worgen skeleton, so all they need is armor mapping and customization.
09/25/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Rasoni
These are the 2 most requested allied races and this would be a good time to release them. Also don’t you dare put rep grinds on them or we will show up at blizzard HQ with pitchforks and torches

Dolly and Dot are my best friends.
09/25/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Lenastus
Please no. So much other race can be add and be more interesting than those 2.

Fish man and monkey next plz.

Hozen!!! (please and thank you)
Vulpera paladins please ♡
09/25/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Naijin
I’d rather them give Void Elves neutral skintones and hair colors at this point. As much as I’d want High Elves to be playable, Void Elves kind of wasted the slot. It’d be awkward to have two crossover races of a Horde model, they should just write in that some High Elves followed Aleria and became Void Elves in a similar but less drastic proscess.

Alliance should get the Devoted faction of Sethrak. Allied races, as all newer races, usually work well in pairs, and Sethrak are a logical pair race for Vulpera Hordeside.

Why would the vulpera and sethrak go to war against each other? they were just helping each other out.
09/25/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Liger
Why would the vulpera and sethrak go to war against each other? they were just helping each other out.

Right! And what will be the continuity of this relationship after 8.1 / 8.2 / 8.3, in the future?

In Legion, the Alliance was on good terms with High Mountain and Suramar!
Months later, they are both wanting the end of the alliance!

We still do not know how it will be, but if Sethraks comes to the alliance, something will happen until the end of BfA that manages that decision!

maybe something related to Bowsandi wanting to be the supreme Loa in Zandalar? Perhaps!

Or maybe Lol'themar makes some nasty comment about the sethraks and his Loa, Sethraliss! :)
<span class="truncated">...</span>

no, actually. the first quoted- is from high elf lore.

under Rise of Quel'Thalas section.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

Doesn't make what I said any less factual. I was talking about your point of view at the end, not the link from lore.

You simply try to make something fit an abolish anything you disagree with. Either that, or you just choose to ignore it. That's not going to win you any arguments and make all your opinions weightless when you do that.

Fact of the matter is, yes the Sunwell affected all High Elves, but when it was lost.. not all were present in Quel'Thalas for its destruction or the loss of so many people. The residents of Stormwind, Theramore, Dalaran, and Various Lodges would have felt the loss.. but simply were not there for it.. nor the renaming of their Kin. They also were not present for their Princes betrayal and the distribution of Fel crystals, mana tap, and the Siphoning of Living creatures. The ones that happened to be, and refused to do so, we're Exiled. Because Lor'themar wouldn't lead a divided nation.

Those are the High Elves that we desire, and whether or not "you" feel they aren't different. Lore states that they are in the ways "you" feel aren't good enough. This makes it "your opinion."

You also stated "they willingly cut themselves off from the sunwell- leaving their bodies in a limbo from the last time they were connected to it (when it was arcane)." Meaning you understand that they are not connected to it still to this day if they chose not to be. And yes, there were some that refused Lor'themars offers. They found their own way of dealing with it. This makes them different.

If different Antlers, tattoos, slight skin colors, eye colors, are good enough for the other Allied Races to be playable, then it's good enough for Alliance High Elves. At this point, it's little more then people throwing a fit because some people are asking for something slightly different, but still true to the original. But that's exactly what you got in Night Bourne.

no.

what i DO disagree with, is fallacy (delusion). which is what you are doing.
you take lore, alter it to make it fit your non existent arguments and when shot down, you result to fallacy/ad hominem. but i am going to reply this last time and go through your entire comment and explain how you are factually wrong.

Fact of the matter is, yes the Sunwell affected all High Elves

those connected to it. which is NOT alliance traitor elves. if they were connected to it and had been since the 2nd war, they would also have fel green eyes and now- golden when the sunwell was purified. regardless of their location in azeroth. this means that the traitors actively went out of their way to disconnect from it and their nation, in favor of modern/human living. this is the reason they still have blue (arcane) eyes. because THIS was the point in time that they disconnected from the well (before its taint). and until they reattach to a new well and draw on its new power, their eyes will remain blue.

by definition and culture, they are no different than humans. not only in the way they live and their ideals but also when it comes to basic human consumption. mages (class) aside, we are talking about a race of people whose heritage and culture is woven directly into their bodies. unless otherwise purged willingly.

Zendarin took well to the teachings of Kael'thas Sunstrider, as his withdrawals from the Sunwell's power were too much to bear. Having suffered from her own magical withdrawal, Vereesa reflected

noting that Zendarin is referring to AFTER the sunwell was destroyed, which was after its taint (thus mentioning Kael draining method)- it specifically shows that veressa, the human traitor elf, had went through the same withdrawal. and WHEN did she suffer it?

BEFORE the sunwell was even tainted. before the 3rd war even took place. before it was even destroyed. as far back at the beginning/mid 2nd war.
and how could she go through that? because SHE, of her own free will, disconnected from the sunwell and it caused pain and withdrawal. same fount as those who were renamed blood elves but two completely different time frames and reasons. she gave UP being a high elf, for a human man.

not only this; but actively wanting to destroy the sunwell AND their birth place, is NOT the trait of a high elf. nor is the above. i already had proven this by the link and quote. so i wont address it again. ignore it all you like- the facts speak for themselves.

but when it was lost.. not all were present in Quel'Thalas for its destruction or the loss of so many people.

aside from 95% of the entire races population? a small % was with kael in dalaran and followed him back asap. others, turned traitor long before (as explained with veressa) and assumed they were all dead. at what point in time, did veressa or any other traitor (hence the term)- try to prove otherwise and save their people? None. ZERO.
veressa was even named ambassador to a fallen nation.

Vereesa was asked to act as an Alliance Ambassador by King Terenas-- Vereesa was among the few well-known survivors of the Scourge that destroyed Lordaeron, Dalaran, and Quel'Thalas after the corruption of Prince Arthas.

that changed though, when her people were found to be alive. her being a peasant playing at nobility came to a serious halt and led to the entire reason she even formed the silver covenant. purely to be anti nobility/high elf. as long as they were presumed dead, she could pretend and play all she wanted and get all the praise that the human kingdoms could muster. aka fame, is worth more than blood.

The residents of Stormwind, Theramore, Dalaran, and Various Lodges would have felt the loss.. but simply were not there for it.. nor the renaming of their Kin.
explained- see above.

They also were not present for their Princes betrayal and the distribution of Fel crystals, mana tap, and the Siphoning of Living creatures.

what does this have to do with anything? nobody was there when kael portrayed and even when rommath was sent back to azeroth, he never told them anything about lilidan. and even when they did find out later on, that does not mean THEIR loyalty to him swayed. it was the other way around or so they felt. and they were loyal up until that very moment. this is even why theron refuses to step into kael' place and lead. if you know anything about regent lords that is.

In a monarchy, a regent usually governs due to one of these reasons, but may also be elected to rule during the interregnum when the royal line has died out. An interregnum (plural interregna or interregnums) is a period of discontinuity or "gap" in a government, organization, or social order.

if you never wondered why blizzard hasnt moved him into rulership- is because they had every intention of bringing kael back, at least one more time. because no matter if theron wants it or not, its no different than undercity. if he is elected by the people, he has no choice. but he remains a regent, to leave lordship open. aka royal line has not really died out.

also, fel feeding was outlands only. this had nothing to do with azeroth. kael took a small force and enough of the population (2000 it is counted) to build/maintain themselves and serve as protection. the first group to learn of this draining method was them. lore specifically states that this outlands group, instead of applying it to arcane objects or things, used fel instead to ward off/substitute the arcane withdrawal. and azeroth elves, once they learned it- used it to feed/sustain the arcane withdrawal. two completely different groups of elves, that use the method for different reasons. fel feeding was also NOT allowed in Quel'Thalas. theron would exile them to outlands. aside from having to do, what they HAD to do- there was a line and they refused to cross it.

Meaning you understand that they are not connected to it still to this day if they chose not to be. And yes, there were some that refused Lor'themars offers. They found their own way of dealing with it. This makes them different.

now we are coming to an understanding. i am glad you understand that they are not high elves but now no different than humans. because high elf lore is specific about the difference between a high elf and a human. and the race you want on the alliance, are humans with a name that is used for superficial reasons only.

If different Antlers, tattoos, slight skin colors, eye colors, are good enough for the other Allied Races to be playable, then it's good enough for Alliance High Elves. At this point, it's little more then people throwing a fit because some people are asking for something slightly different, but still true to the original. But that's exactly what you got in Night Bourne.

as an alliance player, i love to see when you dismiss everything that horde does/says and uses it later as justification. all the races you named, had weeks of rage behind it- including the reskins of existing races. which is exactly what high mountain are and nobody is stupid enough to claim otherwise. we had no choice but to accept it- that doesnt change the above fact.
and nightborne, arent an original anything. so why did you bring them up? they are not reskins of night elves. they are their own race, evolved by the night well.

Since the city was first separated from the rest of the world over 10,000 years ago, they are no longer true night elves and have evolved by the Nightwell into a unique elven species.[5] For the majority of their secluded existence, virtually the entire group resided in the ancient city of Suramar, and were led solely until recent times by Grand Magistrix Elisande. The nightborne race owes much of its unique physical characteristics to its long dependence on the Nightwell, an ancient source of power crafted by Suramar's Highborne residents during the War of the Ancients. Over their lengthy isolation, the exposure of the nightborne to the Nightwell's energies gradually transformed them from their original Kaldorei night elven appearance to their present darker, more night-based form.

this isnt a debate over who got the crappiest races (that would be horde) but out of the ones we did get, we got one who is their own unique race and is NOT a rip off of anything. while the alliance get a rip off of our most popular race, down to exactly the same thing- in every aspect. other than being void users. same model, same animations, same story/lore, same spin jump (which nightborne dont even have the night elf flip jump) etc.

the gist- is that you are (again) asking for another horde race to be on alliance, but to just add something like tattoos and that will somehow make them unique. while keeping the exact same thing, but being void.
the fact that the above is even a thing, proves you have no lore evidence to back your claim that an entire race of people should be on YOUR faction.

/discussion
If vulpera end up an allied race not only will I lose faith in blizzard ever making sense with their lore and reason for allied races joining again, but I will also happily roll which ever faction is opposite them. Turn on war mode. And hunt them down like the filthy animals they are.
09/25/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Keleneth

the gist- is that you are (again) asking for another horde race to be on alliance, but to just add something like tattoos and that will somehow make them unique. while keeping the exact same thing, but being void.
the fact that the above is even a thing, proves you have no lore evidence to back your claim that an entire race of people should be on YOUR faction.

/discussion

Dude, you think that just disconnecting with the sunwell stops making you a High Elf. If that is the case, then Blood Elves are not High Elves either. Yes I am aware of the lore and have read through the pages you have been linking. We actually use that as part of the reasons why High should be made playable.

Also, while they may live among Humans, Gnomes, and Dwarves, yest their life styles would emulate much of what those races do, but they are still Elves at heart. They would have their own unique style of living.

While Vereesa had chosen her husband over her people, that doesn't make her any less of an Elf. Traitorous by Blood Elf standards, but she is still a High Elf. It was her people whom changed their ways from what High Elves were, and a good few disagreed with those changes. This doesn't make them not Elf, it makes them have an actual personality.

On another note about Veressa, she indeed was named Ambassador of Lordaeron, this was after the burning of the forests and war against the First Horde. King Terenas was dead before the Sunwell was destroyed by Arthas resurrection of Kel'Thuzad. She indeed was among the survivors, you just seemed to have misread that quote. This is why I choose to ignore a lot of what you post, because it is you that cannot get the time line straight. She became Ambassador before 90% of her population was decimated.

You're right at this next point, Kel'thas didn't tell his people that he learned mana tap from Illidan. He simply provided a means for his people to get past their addiction. Fel, a very addictive magic that is an easier path then arcane, and it wouldn't cause them to wither. Hence why everyone is contaminated. Fel feeding was not only in outlands, because Silvermoon and every minor town around it had the fel crystals around. Everything was saturated in Fel from their presence. Why do you think the Lynx and the Treants were going mad in the starting zone. That was their food supply too? It's common sense.

Lastly, it isn't a debate over crap races. It's a debate about on being accessible to a group of people who want them. I get that you don't want them, but not getting your time lines and lore straight has kinda ruined any arguments you make at this point for me. Glad I had a chance to at least debate somewhat with you, but I wish you were better informed.
09/25/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Leviahthan

Isn't the tortollan capital in Zandalar though? They'd make more sense being horde

That said I like all these new races introduced so far but honestly don't want any of them to be playable
09/25/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Felsavior
If vulpera end up an allied race not only will I lose faith in blizzard ever making sense with their lore and reason for allied races joining again, but I will also happily roll which ever faction is opposite them. Turn on war mode. And hunt them down like the filthy animals they are.

? Horde literally save their people from captivity and murder by the Sethrak. How would them joining as an allied race not make sense in the lore. Horde basically fell from the heavens and massively improved their lives.

We already know they are coming anyways. Vulps have a ton of work done on them that is only needed for a player race. Outside a few helm and belt alignment issue all their emotes,anims, and attachment points are set up already.
Vulpera? Yes

High Elves? No (Used to be yes, but got something more interesting).

Bowsette for Warchief? Zug Zug!!!
Don't care about High Elves, but Vulpera? NO! Adding Vulpera would want me make a PvP character to gank them to no end. It's already too much of an stretch with Worgen.
Sethrak and Naga? YES.
09/25/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Lenastus
Fish man and monkey next plz.

Please no, so many more interesting races can be added than those two.

Vulpera and High Elves next please.
09/25/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Lemres
Sethrak and Naga?

Sethraks may be a possibility, as they have also received some attention from Aunt Blizz, but they are on a very heavy veil and no news is being seen so far!
I'm hopeful! At least until Aunt Blizz says no!

Nagas? Nagas will never be a playable race, as much as some people insist on ignoring many factors that make these damn evil creatures either with the Alliance or with the Horde!

They are evil! Period!
They serve Azshara, She serving N'zoth and N'zoth serving the Voidlords!
They do not think without permission from their leader!
They would be some elves added to the game! More elves! Pitiful!

Nagas can not ride, equip pants or shoes! No pants! No shoes! No service!
It does not matter how much your disillusioned and unflagging worshipers want to ignore this fact or juggle to make possible something that lore has no reason to!

I have already mentioned that nagas are evil, and hate everyone, be they alliance or horde ??

Nagas only became playable, after High elves!
Ohh! But High Elves will never be a playable race!
That sad! So, nagas, and their evil nature, will never be!
Well, Vulpera and High Elves are indeed the most requested races for either faction right now.

So I definitely see Vulpera becoming the new Horde race and I am excited.

No idea what the alliance would get. Maybe 8.1 starts doing the leg work to make the Sethrallis loyalists lean to the alliance side.
Vulpera is just a small handful of deviants coordinating a campaign through a discord.
They are a joke race that was made up out of thin air with very little backstory. The zone they inhabit is one of the least popular of the entire expansion.

On the other hand, High Elves have legitimate and widespread community support and they have actual, interesting lore behind them.
I definitely think Horde will be getting Vulpera. I just don't want any more elf options. This game has way too many elf options as it is. If Horde is getting the fox people, give Alliance the snake people. Or the two races I've been wanting to play forever in this game: ogres and gnolls.