Shaman population dwindling?

Shaman
1 2 3 5 Next
I must be going crazy but I've been noticing a massive decline in Shaman population on at least my server. Ever since 8.0 and all the negative stigma and issues the Shaman are having, the population for them have been dwindling like mad. I barely see one and when I'm surrounded by hundreds of players I may see like 1 or 2 in the masses that are shaman.

The only thing I can think of is the following:
1) People are waiting for the 8.1 buffs to Shaman (if it even fixes them)
2) People have given up on the Shaman and have rerolled to Monk (which seems to be the class most Shaman convert too) or something else.
3) People have given up on the Shaman altogether because it seems to get shafted every expansion?
4) People are not playing them because they are seeing all the bad reputation and stigma associated with Shaman right now.

This is kinda sad and I do hope Blizzard is aware of the damage they have done the class at this point. I'm hoping things roll around for the Shaman but it's looking pretty gloom so far.

Anyone else have this issue on their server or at least have seen the same thing?
09/28/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Xruptor
I must be going crazy but I've been noticing a massive decline in Shaman population on at least my server. Ever since 8.0 and all the negative stigma and issues the Shaman are having, the population for them have been dwindling like mad. I barely see one and when I'm surrounded by hundreds of players I may see like 1 or 2 in the masses that are shaman.

The only thing I can think of is the following:
1) People are waiting for the 8.1 buffs to Shaman (if it even fixes them)
2) People have given up on the Shaman and have rerolled to Monk (which seems to be the class most Shaman convert too) or something else.
3) People have given up on the Shaman altogether because it seems to get shafted every expansion?
4) People are not playing them because they are seeing all the bad reputation and stigma associated with Shaman right now.

This is kinda sad and I do hope Blizzard is aware of the damage they have done the class at this point. I'm hoping things roll around for the Shaman but it's looking pretty gloom so far.

Anyone else have this issue on their server or at least have seen the same thing?

I am on a smaller server by mid pop with all 5 combined and I am noticing not many shamans around at 120 and even then not many that are pushing actual content looking at raider.io only 200 shamsns have completed a key at all and of that maybe 50 have done anything higher then a 6
We're already the least played class in the game according to all population sites.

We were actually just surpassed by monks a few months ago...a class that was made 4 expansions after our debut...!@#$in sad.
I imagine as this expansion rolls on and shaman see no real changes it'll just get worse and worse.
Interesting topic, but I've heard remarks, actually, like "A shaman, wow, didn't know anyone played shaman still." or "How do you like your shaman? I used to main one."

These have been popping up more and more.
I still see a whole bunch in low end content, but that's low end content.
Deleted my 110 Orc, but only because Im rolling a new one when I finally unlock Dark Irons.
09/28/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Tozekos
Interesting topic, but I've heard remarks, actually, like "A shaman, wow, didn't know anyone played shaman still." or "How do you like your shaman? I used to main one."

These have been popping up more and more.

I've seen this as well which isn't really helping. I was just curious if others have noticed the same thing I've noticed. Of course it's not concrete but my observations have pretty much been pretty poor in terms of Shaman population. Judging from what others have said here, it's not uncommon I guess.
I kinda like being one of the least played classes. Makes me feel kinda unique.
there's currently two active shaman in my guild out of 780 members we have a high amount of active players and i've only ever seen one other shaman since this expansion in my guild as of right now we have 104 people online 24 paladins 19 hunters 14 rogues 11 priests 1 shaman and the rest are a mix of the other classes its sad that over 65% of the active people online right now are comprised of only 4 classes with shaman being the absolute least

09/28/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Cooja

you cant describe something as unique simply because of their population. Being the least played class for the current reasons isn't the kind of uniqueness that people like or are proud of. Being unique because you're one of a kind unlike anything else is great and exactly where we have been in the past but being unique because you're worthless isnt so great and thats exactly why there are so few of us in this current situation shaman were unique and that's what has been fun about them sadly they are not so fun anymore because blizzard has taken the uniqueness out of them and spread it around to everyone else who can do it better
I've mained shammie since TBC . i feel in love survial hunter in prepatch so been playing that. however in couple weeks ill start leveling my shammie along with a side of leveling my just unlocked Dark Iron Warrior.

be some time but back to elemental shammie ill be going.

compared to the others survival just feels new and fresh.

Cool we can hang out togetherspamming +10 premade finder only to settle for a +4-5 group. Thats the main frustrating thing for me. :( Oh well gotta keep my head up high.
09/28/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Hokeypokey
there's currently two active shaman in my guild out of 780 members we have a high amount of active players and i've only ever seen one other shaman since this expansion in my guild as of right now we have 104 people online 24 paladins 19 hunters 14 rogues 11 priests 1 shaman and the rest are a mix of the other classes its sad that over 65% of the active people online right now are comprised of only 4 classes with shaman being the absolute least

Ouch that isn't exactly good. So far from my observations as of late, census data from realmpop and general responses from the forums. It does seem indeed like the Shaman population across servers is suffering at the moment. It's a shame really and my hope is that Blizzard see's the damage that is done and tries to remedy the issue. Though it could be possible it's too late and the initial damage has been done and has pushed people away from Shaman.

https://realmpop.com/eu.html
https://realmpop.com/us.html
I have never been to frustrated at Blizzard. No spec seems viable in any kind of content. Arenas, RBGs, M+, or Raids. I have to try x100 times to beat anything in any for on PvP. Nerf Riptide but don't compensate anything else. Won't get selected in M+ cause every other healer is much better. I have no desire to play my class anymore. I've started to level other classes as a result. Feels bad man.

End rant.... So pissed.
I've been seeing a slightly higher than normal representation in BGs actually. In a lot of games, particularly epic BGs, Shaman often outnumber mages.
I dunno, getting worn out with the nerfs to healz in pvp and the lack of healz love in PvE. I've got a healer friend, and as OP as DKs are, I'm liking warrior tanking more again.

Think I'll try other things but I've loved my shaman since Cata (after ditching priests and mages). Oh well.
09/28/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Wozonk
We're already the least played class in the game according to all population sites.

We were actually just surpassed by monks a few months ago...a class that was made 4 expansions after our debut...!@#$in sad.

wait I was just looking at something that said monk was still the least popular

True, and I don't have to worry about running toxic M+ stuff, or raider.IO, since there's no chance that I'll get into any of that stuff.
I feel lucky enough that I'm in a guild that still takes me along on raids.

I should create a new guild for DPS shamans only, and name it "Delete Me!"
09/30/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Worldwarshah
09/28/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Wozonk

wait I was just looking at something that said monk was still the least popular

I've been seeing twice (possible three times) more monks than Shaman as of late. At least on my server they are everywhere. Many monk players I've asked where former Shaman players. This is pretty much the trend I've been noticing. Was curious to see if that was the case with other people. So far generally it seems so on other servers. Shaman population has really taken a hit because of BfA.
I’m also lucky my guild takes me as resto in raids. But I am easily outhealed by hpriests, pallies + druids. Trying to quest as Ele is horribly painful. I hate it. I’ve mained this toon since the end of WoD, but now, forget it! I’m working hard on my monk to get it up to speed for raids as MW. It’s fun to quest as WW, kills !@#$ fast, lots of fast tools and never dies. Nice having fun again. And my DH and hunter are fun too, so ya, it’s the shaman, not how I’m playing it.