Shaman population dwindling?

Shaman
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I noticed that too OP. I feel so rare, even more being a panda shaman lol
Probably explains why I am #7 on Raider.io for Resto Shammies - Just nobody as stubborn as me to keep playing it.

haha
09/30/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Drfisky
Probably explains why I am #7 on Raider.io for Resto Shammies - Just nobody as stubborn as me to keep playing it.

haha

We'll see if the hotfixes and changes in 8.1 will cause the Shaman population to bounce up again. Though at this point I believe the damage has been done already.
09/28/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Razgrad
I still see a whole bunch in low end content, but that's low end content.

Gyrates her hips and waves frantically

You rang, Legolad?
10/03/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Burnhild
09/28/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Razgrad
I still see a whole bunch in low end content, but that's low end content.

Gyrates her hips and waves frantically

You rang, Legolad?

LOL :D
Whens the last time you went into an arena and someone said "Oh S**T, its a shammy!"?

Whens the last time you had a shaman join your raid and you though "yay we ave a shaman"?

until this happens sometimes, the population will dwindle further.
10/04/2018 02:28 AMPosted by Valeriiaa
Whens the last time you went into an arena and someone said "Oh S**T, its a shammy!"?

Whens the last time you had a shaman join your raid and you though "yay we ave a shaman"?

Literally every time you see enh, mongocleave is strong.

A big part of why there aren't many shamans is the constant complaining and victimhood shamans seem to love to be a part of. You guys are almost as bad a spriests. It's embarrassing.

You have an AMAZING toolkit. Your rotations might be clunky, but so are all the other classes. You have ZERO downtime, You just need some damage buffs, and probably some buffs to resto.

Don't believe me? Lets make a comparison.

ENH downtime per 5 minutes: 6 seconds

FDK downtime per 5 minutes: 78 seconds

You act like there is something fundamentally wrong with the class that every other class isn't experiencing when that just isnt the case.

If you don't like the class, reroll, but please for the love of god stop acting like theres anything out of line besides general output.
Tanked Underrot the other day and was shocked (mind the pun) there was chain lightning going around. Shaman was pretty damn good too, lots of AOE goodness and knew when to Bloodlust.
Unfortunately I chose to main a Elemental Shaman and Feral Druid this expansion and both of the classes just so happen to be complete garbage. Working on my hunter now...
Perception is reality now a days. I personally went from raiding mythic in Legion to dropping to an RPer and filthy casual (way to much time for too little). I have picked to reroll shaman only because I love the feel and theme of the spec, if I was raiding mythic there is no way I would be playing a shaman. Shamans aren't so bad that you can't raid but because they're lower middle of the pack at best people don't want to play them, as such all the FOTM reroll elsewhere. On top of that many of the highest level players rerolled or stopped playing because of the shaman changes in BFA. All of this paints a picture that is are worse then reality, and as well all know people don't care about facts these days just they're own opinions.
09/28/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Twopercent
09/28/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Xruptor
I must be going crazy but I've been noticing a massive decline in Shaman population on at least my server. Ever since 8.0 and all the negative stigma and issues the Shaman are having, the population for them have been dwindling like mad. I barely see one and when I'm surrounded by hundreds of players I may see like 1 or 2 in the masses that are shaman.

The only thing I can think of is the following:
1) People are waiting for the 8.1 buffs to Shaman (if it even fixes them)
2) People have given up on the Shaman and have rerolled to Monk (which seems to be the class most Shaman convert too) or something else.
3) People have given up on the Shaman altogether because it seems to get shafted every expansion?
4) People are not playing them because they are seeing all the bad reputation and stigma associated with Shaman right now.

This is kinda sad and I do hope Blizzard is aware of the damage they have done the class at this point. I'm hoping things roll around for the Shaman but it's looking pretty gloom so far.

Anyone else have this issue on their server or at least have seen the same thing?

I am on a smaller server by mid pop with all 5 combined and I am noticing not many shamans around at 120 and even then not many that are pushing actual content looking at raider.io only 200 shamsns have completed a key at all and of that maybe 50 have done anything higher then a 6

I am on the same server and only 10 shamans have more than a 600 .io score. There are only 2 resto shamans above 600. Even for a relatively small realm group, that's really bad.
My main's guild has 16 online at the moment and zero Shamans. During peak hours we typically have ~35 online with zero Shamans. Occasionally we will have one on. I think that even though Shaman is fine for the low end it suffers the stigma associated with the fact that at the top of the game no one is playing Shaman.

The fact that Shaman is not played at the top of the game tends to affect attitudes when grouping generally. That negativity will continue to keep people from the class. Sad, but true. And, due to the negativity associated with the dev's handling of the game generally, people know that the rework may well produce a net zero change in the class. Hell, it could get worse.
10/04/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Ancientz

A big part of why there aren't many shamans is the constant complaining and victimhood shamans seem to love to be a part of. You guys are almost as bad a spriests. It's embarrassing.

You have an AMAZING toolkit. Your rotations might be clunky, but so are all the other classes. You have ZERO downtime, You just need some damage buffs, and probably some buffs to resto.

You act like there is something fundamentally wrong with the class that every other class isn't experiencing when that just isnt the case.

If you don't like the class, reroll, but please for the love of god stop acting like theres anything out of line besides general output.

You dont know what youre talking about. Youre comparing ENH to FDK. FDK, while not in a good spot pvp wise, does an ABSURD amount of damage while having to press close to no buttons.

ENH shaman only presses so many buttons because 80 percent of our attacks do nothing, and we wait for stormstrike. How often we stormstrike is complete, COMPLETE rng.

Yes, thats not good design at all and other classes dont suffer from it the way we do. You know what other class has no down time? Guardian druid. tell me how good they are
I'm the only shaman in my guild ATM, I was asked if I wanted to level another class to raid with..... I'm like not really, I'm usually 4-5 on the meters for bosses. Why reroll.... Then I leveled my dk up and got asked to raid with that instead....
I enjoyed my Shaman in Legion but not really liking it much now. The rotations are stale and output is low. The talents are usually passive and dont really change up the rotation much.

Losing gust of winds really hurt...switching to ghost wolf to move or reduce incoming dmg really sucks.

Resto feels the best rotation and ability wise. It feels like the only real interesting spec for the class. It suffers from too much casting required so a lot of movement really hurts. Once again...gust of wind. In PvP switching to ghost wolf and running around works but kind of sucks.

I know we have shamans on this board doing higher keys but seems like the class has less room for error...either for the shammie or the group you are running with.

In general, the reason ppl are leaving the class has nothing to do with perception and everything to do with bad class design and bad tuning.
10/04/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Ancientz

Enhancement has the most going on but its mainly waiting for procs.
Ok I know I made this point before but now I'm DEFINITELY seeing a lot more Shaman in BGs. Often outnumbering mages in almost every one I've been in for the last few days. Is something going on?
I've played my Shaman virtually none in weeks. It's not that I love the class, it's not that. I've had fun with the class from Vanilla (was resto back in classic) then Elemental from TBC onward. When I took several years off from the game (MOP killed me) and came back in Legion, I had an incredible amount of fun due to the state Elemental was in. BFA had deflated a lot of the fun for me. I'm still playing, just my Horde Monk so I can see their story in BFA (which is far better than Kul Tiras BTW) and giving 8.1 time to come out and change my mind.
Still maining my sham, I do it every expansion. I do like how hard I smack ppl in BGs, PvE is meh but theyre working on it so, enjoying my bg time
10/05/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Memed
09/28/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Twopercent

I am on a smaller server by mid pop with all 5 combined and I am noticing not many shamans around at 120 and even then not many that are pushing actual content looking at raider.io only 200 shamsns have completed a key at all and of that maybe 50 have done anything higher then a 6

I am on the same server and only 10 shamans have more than a 600 .io score. There are only 2 resto shamans above 600. Even for a relatively small realm group, that's really bad.
Yea I am one of them lol