Shaman population dwindling?

Shaman
Prev 1 3 4 5
10/29/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Esda
Yep, I am the newest Shaman to leave WoW completely. My shammy should be so powerful but with each piece of gear I get , it feels weaker. Lightening is a filler and useless. May as well just stand there . Some WQ I cant even get a hit in before the enemy is killed by someone else. Nope I am done, WoW wants to screw with my character more than they want to develop interesting content, have at it, I am so completely done.

Bye
10/29/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Esda
Yep, I am the newest Shaman to leave WoW completely. My shammy should be so powerful but with each piece of gear I get , it feels weaker. Lightening is a filler and useless. May as well just stand there . Some WQ I cant even get a hit in before the enemy is killed by someone else. Nope I am done, WoW wants to screw with my character more than they want to develop interesting content, have at it, I am so completely done.

If only elemental had some sort of instant cast ranged ability that could tag a mob. It'd be pretty shocking what one could do then, and if there was one without a cd, it'd just give me the chills.
[quote="207683599187"]Yep, I am the newest Shaman to leave WoW completely. My shammy should be so powerful but with each piece of gear I get , it feels weaker. Lightening is a filler and useless. May as well just stand there . Some WQ I cant even get a hit in before the enemy is killed by someone else. Nope I am done, WoW wants to screw with my character more than they want to develop interesting content, have at it, I am so completely done.

Bye <--- Are you sure you're not a WoW developer? With that attitude you should be! Same attitude WoW shows all it's players. And it is why WoW has lost so many players.
Still playing, still enjoying shaman. Just wish that some of the core mechanics would change. Bring back double defensive charges (sham rage, astral shift). We've always been a cooldown class, let us continue to be the one with the most buttons and options that just has a very high skill requirement.
10/31/2018 04:55 AMPosted by Vigr
Still playing, still enjoying shaman. Just wish that some of the core mechanics would change. Bring back double defensive charges (sham rage, astral shift). We've always been a cooldown class, let us continue to be the one with the most buttons and options that just has a very high skill requirement.

I agree there are some mechanics I wish were just returned to the class. It's been stripped down pretty bare and it's currently suffering from an identity crisis in my opinion. It doesn't help either that the statistics right now aren't favoring it at all. Not to mention the TERRIBLE stigma associated with it this expansion. (Thank you Blizzard for that.)
Hmm I'm seeing an uptick in shamans now. I wonder if this is just more people playing alts now.
Actually leveling one at the moment. I played one in Wrath but my 100 shaman is on another server and I also wanted a HM tauren for the charge and vers buff.
11/08/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Kygn
Actually leveling one at the moment. I played one in Wrath but my 100 shaman is on another server and I also wanted a HM tauren for the charge and vers buff.

That's great. Hope you are enjoying your time as High Mountain Shaman. One of my friends is also leveling a High mountain Shaman. Taurens always did look great in shaman gear. I expect shaman populations will get an uptick with Zandalari and Kul'tiran shamans when they are released. Not a huge surge mind you as I believe the shaman population did take a huge hit since the release of BfA. But it will get a slight increase with those races being released.
Just can't bring myself to play mine with how badly it was gutted in BfA. I miss the animations, but the thought of doing a BG without Earthgrab or trying to target switch with Flame Shock back on CD kind of makes me stop. Add in the bad damage and, yeah, I can see why the population would dwindle.
To be honest, i wouldn't hold my breath on any big exciting changes to come to us until next expansion pre patch or release. The issues with shaman are issues for its core and simply needs a rework that i just don't see happening any time soon, especially since the comments made at blizzcon. The further wow progresses the more stale and unrewarding the class becomes.
Just kind of wish that demon hunters had been a mail wearing class for more balanced shared gear pools. In mythic+ pugs, it's like you're the token mail.
11/10/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Holyschnikez
To be honest, i wouldn't hold my breath on any big exciting changes to come to us until next expansion pre patch or release. The issues with shaman are issues for its core and simply needs a rework that i just don't see happening any time soon, especially since the comments made at blizzcon. The further wow progresses the more stale and unrewarding the class becomes.

This may possibly be the case and the damage to the class has been done. The damage may or may not be fixed during the life cycle of BfA. In which case you won't see any major reforms to Shaman until the next expansion.
the shamans pop will boom again when classic launches.cant wait for 2hd enhancement.