Class Balance Tuning - October 2

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 2 3 14 Next
Thank you blizzard for listening to us and bringing the glory back to shadow this was much needed and its a total game changer
09/28/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Phazius
Can we see some Ret paladin love? Feels like every spec is being buffed around it while we fall behind untouched. We're already middling and probably the lowest melee.

LOL 'The lowest melee'
Ele shaman buffs - lol. No. That literally did nothing to their damage!!!
EVERYBODY FREAK OUT

THIS IS THE ONLY TUNING CHANGE THEY WILL EVER DO FOR THE REST OF TIME
09/28/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Assistance
EVERYBODY FREAK OUT

THIS IS THE ONLY TUNING CHANGE THEY WILL EVER DO FOR THE REST OF TIME

Says the BM Hunter.
But mah marksman hunter needs some serious love too!
Still no resto shaman throughput buffs? :/ You guys basically said "at least they have pvp" but you guys nerfed that lol.
Based on my logs from Tuesday, it looks like the Elemental buff amounts to 1-2% on Uldir bosses (unless the change drastically affects the recommended talents or action priority). Could we opt for the 5% instead? :)

Either way, thanks for not waiting until 8.1 to work on class balance.
I've added Resto Shaman and Protection Warrior changes that we're working on to the OP.
When are the PvP changes coming to dk and warlock?
We're working on some targeted spec tuning, which will go live with maintenance in each region starting on October 2. Here's where we currently are with that:

• Death Knight
    • Unholy
      • All damage (includes pets) increased by 4%.
  • Warrior
    • Protection
      • Vanguard now increases armor by 50% of Strength (was 45%).
      • Vanguard increases Stamina by 40% (was 35%).

As always, we'll have final values for you in a [url="https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21973195/"]public hotfixes update[/url] when the changes go live next week.

But armor and stamina isn't prot's problem right now; Magic Damage, obsolete mechanics (block / rage), and 0 self sustain are. HP does a -little- to help with this, but Prots need at least a 20% buff to both to be viable. Not 5.

DKs... Again, flat damage increase isn't the problem, the problems are mechanical. Festering Wounds do no damage, 60% of my damage is diseases and mine / pets auto attacks. I hope it's not too much to ask for for my big spending buttons & key mechanics to do damage, rather than auto attacks?

Overall you're on the right track, but seriously can you move through these hotfixes a little faster? These are too small and too infrequent to feel good in a subscription-based game.. =/ Unless you intentionally want people that lost the class lottery to just unsub until its their turn to get fixed?
09/28/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Kaivax
I've added Resto Shaman and Protection Warrior changes that we're working on to the OP.

Wow nice thanks. Still only a roughly 1k hps increase - compared to what we're seeing on warcraftlogs rankings, we may need more - but thanks for the attention now :)

My biggest issue is that if our niche is supposed to be stacked healing, when the raid is completely stacked we're still on par, not excelling. Couple different ways you could tackle this.
As a reference I was liberal with what fight of mine i looked at for these buffs, going to my Zekvoz(M) kill where I mind sear the most of any of the bosses in Uldir, 266k overall for the entire fight, and trust me I'm mind searing the crap out of those adds after they are gripped. So 15% over that over all just adds 39,900 to the damage. Hm a void bolt that crits does more then that. So that is useless ontop of the 10% to the 391k mindflay damage over all. 10% of that, 39k oh boy. The buff we need boys and girls.

Sarcasm aside, lower the cast time of void form, increase the insanity generation from spells. That would be a better band-aid then this .
Hope you're still working on them because those prot buffs are pitiful.

I was about to lose hope with my warrior, but that small buff will go a long way with helping people not abandon their warriors. We are probably going to need more than that, but it's a good start.
09/28/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Lucksniipe
Shadow 1% single target dps boost POG

Come on. It's WAY more than that, it's like a 2% damage buff...
Still no help for locks in arenas. Still the worst class in the game for arenas. Still cant play with my friends because no one wants to play with a warlock.
i guess a 1% buff is better than 0%. Still kind of weak tbh. I'd like to know how these numbers were determined to be a "good" impact for shadow priest.
Okay so what happened to the blue post that Lore put out last Friday that promised PVP changes for Dk and Warlock? Its no longer there....

Do they typically remove them like this, or are they trying to delete some record?
Please, Blizzard, the number buffs to fire mage are nice, but that isn't why people aren't playing it. Losing four baseline things to talents makes the spec unfun. Fix their talents before you tune their numbers.