Class Balance Tuning - October 2

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 7 8 9 14 Next
DKT > DHT = Paladin = Monk > Druid > Earth Elemental > Hunter's pet > Warrior
09/28/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Kaivax
I've added Resto Shaman and Protection Warrior changes that we're working on to the OP.

Still waiting for viable talent choice options for Holy Paladins
09/28/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Imoral
This is the saddest excuse for a balance patch I have ever seen.

I 100% agree. They might as well not even attempted a tuning pass if this is all we are getting. This is completely worthless. I understand being cautious about not over buffing classes, but jesus, anything less than all damage increased 10% at this point is useless to some of these classes.
No offense to anyone who likes these changes, but as a warlock or do who's been sitting out of pvp since the expansion launch. This is a huge slap in the face. What this tells me is that they are not going to give us a bandaid fix and will just wait another few weeks to months before addressing the issue of the specs design. Who knew adding all these variables to the game and removing stat template would mess things up!?
I mean, at least it's something for Shadow. Still the worst dps in the game. Was hoping for a total rework, but I'll take what I can get.
09/29/2018 03:48 AMPosted by Averaa
09/28/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Mohoots
Are these a joke???? buff Fire mages and Enhance shamans and leave the still existent boomkin problems and MM hunters untouched? Guess being good on 2/8th of the instance means classes already above us get buffed as we get our top trait gutted with only a slight 2% buff in return.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#sample=7

Dude, are you looking at the amount players per spec?

If you are you would see fire mage is the 3rd least played spec in mythic, the people who are playing the spec are amazing fire mage players who are sticking with the spec no matter what happens. Then again you shouldn't just look at mythic as a sample size, many people don't even get a chance at mythic and just stick to their heroic and normal kills per week; and when you look at the heroic overall parses/damage in Uldir.
( https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#difficulty=4 ) you can see boomkin is in the middle of the pack while fire mage is 2nd last, so no need to be so hateful towards a buff to fire mage.

Though I do agree MM needs a lot of work for it to be viable.

Because balacing off heroic when most fights at this point are 3 minute snoozefests with lust for 30% uptime is the real way to balance...
09/29/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Pewptacos
I mean, at least it's something for Shadow. Still the worst dps in the game. Was hoping for a total rework, but I'll take what I can get.

How do you figure it's the worst dps spec in the game? It's middle of the pack on all difficulties on warcraftlogs.com.
09/29/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Mohoots

If you are you would see fire mage is the 3rd least played spec in mythic, the people who are playing the spec are amazing fire mage players who are sticking with the spec no matter what happens. Then again you shouldn't just look at mythic as a sample size, many people don't even get a chance at mythic and just stick to their heroic and normal kills per week; and when you look at the heroic overall parses/damage in Uldir.
( https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#difficulty=4 ) you can see boomkin is in the middle of the pack while fire mage is 2nd last, so no need to be so hateful towards a buff to fire mage.

Because balacing off heroic when most fights at this point are 3 minute snoozefests with lust for 30% uptime is the real way to balance...

I'm glad heroic is that easy for you but you realize that the vast majority of raiding guilds are still in heroic and will probably never see mythic, right? If you're doing Mythics you're in the top 1% of raiders. You can't expect blizzard to do all their balancing around you.
Oh boy what a time to be alive. Brb, grabbing my popcorn.
09/29/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Mohoots

Even if you only look at mythic logs, it is clear that fire mages are terrible. There are only 900 fire mage parses compared to 11000 balance druid and 18000 frost mage parses. Obviously guilds are benching their fire mages, unless you are an absolute god at playing the spec. They would much rather bring a balance druid or a frost mage.
Even though we've received 4% buff to ferals, I just don't feel the game anymore seems like Blizzard does not care anymore about PVP content and balance of classes. I've been playing this game since 2005, while it was my favorite game of all time I give up. I only have 2 days for my subscription to expire then I'm done. Good luck you all.
Why are you still ignoring marks hunter. Seriously we were bottom dps and our best azerite trait is bugged so that you block other hunters from getting stacks.
No bm nerfs.. No whammy no whammy stop!
It only makes sense we see weekly tuning and class updates during a beta
Ill take any help I can get as resto!
Nothing for fury and tanking will still be !@#$. Arms is so boring. Maybe I will play my Shaman more...oh wait. We got some oh-so needed healing and dmg buffs though! *sarcasm. Come on Blizzard...

Maybe I should just boost my Warlock or Hunter already :D
09/28/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Sorelai
09/28/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Rocketstar
lmao those feral buffs every week. See you in 5 months.

They did the same thing in Legion... Nerfed Feral into hell and then buffed it every week. At one time, the damage was increased 30% across the board.

How it always is with feral now with all the changes on the ptr we could end up going threw all of this a second time. I don't think any of them actually play feral to know how to properly tune the spec. The consistency at which they get it wrong with feral is quite literally incredible. I don't think any other spec has ever had to go threw the amount of tuning as feral has had to constantly have done.
dps wise it seems the classes that rely on crit seem to be suffering. I say this but i dont know it for sure i just know fire mage likes crits quite a bit and i know as feral crit is significant for the extra combo points therefore using less energy while alos hitting harder
09/29/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Whiteknight
It only makes sense we see weekly tuning and class updates during a beta

BETA for Azeroth?

I wanna know why they don’t devise changes, test them internally and then implement them instead of doing a buff every week for 4-6 weeks and making the community test them week after week.

I don’t get why every expansion they butcher their own mechanics, balance and class design so they can spend months (or more) balancing the game again. How is this sustainable? As somebody who’s played off an on again since vanilla the Azerite system just feels like a less balanced and overly complicated greater glyph system with none of the reliance of an inscription profession. Every expansion you try to recreate the wheel, now with more -insert expansion gimmick here-!

Every time you take months to fix your own mistakes you lose credibility with the community. I know you guys play the game but the disconnect with the community is a bothersome issue and I don’t know how you manage to spend all of your professional and some of your personal time in Azeroth and still not understand the wants and needs of the community. If you do understand them and simply fail to live up to that standard then that’s an entirely different issue.
09/28/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Kaivax
Warrior
Protection
Vanguard now increases armor by 50% of Strength (was 45%).
Vanguard increases Stamina by 40% (was 35%).

I think warriors should be disgusted with this. So much for being on your radar ey blizzard. You might as well just given them a kick in the head