Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread P7

General Discussion
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
11/07/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Briselody
11/07/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Highelf

Including that, that could as well be an npc animation I think serrik does it at one point but I am not sure, don't you think that blizz would at least acknowledge this thread if they even considered making them playable at the start like they did with the Vulpera, Mechagnomes, hell even the high elves get more attention than you and the chances of them being playable are even lower,

i'm sorry to burst your bubble but blizzard was going to do it later on anyway.

I mean, show me a specific allied race thread that they've commented on, besides the whole high elf debacle? Nothing has been confirmed for Mechagnomes, they could be an AR, a new customization, or just a bad guy race (we do go kill their king). Don't assume you know the ending when we're on the first chapter.
They will always be a bad guy race to me! Throw them all in a trash compactor where they belong. Stupid gnomes and their stupid limbs made from trash.
11/07/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Moonshinefox
11/07/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Highelf

Including that, that could as well be an npc animation I think serrik does it at one point but I am not sure, don't you think that blizz would at least acknowledge this thread if they even considered making them playable at the start like they did with the Vulpera, Mechagnomes, hell even the high elves get more attention than you and the chances of them being playable are even lower,

Maybe. Maybe. But if the next chunk of the expansion also delves into more use of the sethrak it may just be their story has yet to be told, and they didn’t want to give anything at all away before then. Confirming or denying them as an AR would signal the community pretty hardcore on more future stiuff then they want known yet.

These were my thoughts exactly but everyone is so set to right them off, basing it off of 8.0, treating it like it's the end of the expansion...people need to keep an open mind instead of just closing off to something they might not like...just because THEY don't like it doesn't that everyone doesn't...

I mean, show me a specific allied race thread that they've commented on, besides the whole high elf debacle? Nothing has been confirmed for Mechagnomes, they could be an AR, a new customization, or just a bad guy race (we do go kill their king). Don't assume you know the ending when we're on the first chapter.[/quote]
Vulpera at the very least already have working armor and when the whole Vulpera discussion started a GM Came in the PTR as a vulpera it's small but yes.

Mechagnomes are connected to the KT story.

Also we aren't at the end of the story but with the 8.2 reveal at blizzcon we already know what will happen during 2/3 of this chapter and none of it point to sethrak sorry guys
Do you really think that what they discussed is the entire patch? xD they highlighted the main focus but it doesn't mean something on the side isn't also going to take place. Why would blizzard reveal every little thing at the blizzcon for the entire next year? They have to keep the suspense some how and leave people wondering about this or that.
Still think that if we ever get Vulpera, we're getting Sethrak on the opposite faction. It just makes too much sense. 8.2.5, 8.3.5, 9.0... I don't care. Just want them playable in the end.
11/08/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Fahrenheit
Still think that if we ever get Vulpera, we're getting Sethrak on the opposite faction. It just makes too much sense. 8.2.5, 8.3.5, 9.0... I don't care. Just want them playable in the end.

my thoughts exactly. If you look at each pairing of allied races up to this point, they all are very similar in how thy're made and what they're based off of;

Highmountain / Lightforged : existing race with minor cosmetic changes
Nightborne / Void Elf : offshoot of opposing faction's race
Mag'har / Dark Iron : existing race with major cosmetic/thematic changes
Zandalari / Kul Tiran : similar skin/theme, but different skeleton than parent race

Vulpera / Sethrak : new beast race using modified skeleton from 'parent' race?
11/08/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Seije

my thoughts exactly. If you look at each pairing of allied races up to this point, they all are very similar in how thy're made and what they're based off of;

Zandalari / Kul Tiran : similar skin/theme, but different skeleton than parent race

This right here is why I refuse to give up on Sethrak. Pairing the trashgnomes with the Vulpera for release makes no sense from the design side.
I'm all for playable Sneks. As soon as I saw them, I wanted to roll one. :D

I'm not opposed to the mecha-gnomes, but I seriously want something different. Having to swim through puddles, not being able to jump as high, and having serious LoS issues on stairs as a caster just makes me not enjoy playing gnomes as much.
11/08/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Cozmir
This right here is why I refuse to give up on Sethrak. Pairing the trashgnomes with the Vulpera for release makes no sense from the design side.

True. But it is also the low effort option Blizzard are infamous for when it comes to Alliance allied races.

That said I don't really find the 8.2 news really relevant or even that interesting. With how slow Blizzard are rolling the patches out, we won't have 8.1 to next month. That means what, April or May at the very earliest for 8.2...? And since nothing there will be an AR from the get-go there will be an even longer delay even if any of those races wind up being just that.

I don't really think the Sethrak chances are overly threatened by Mechagnomes or whatever. I am just puzzled what the hell Blizzards plan is for ARs in general this expansion. The whole "We have nothing to share at this time" BS is getting more than pathetic. Blizzcon has come and gone and we are more in the dark than before.
Ahhh, excellent! I was hoping we had a thread like this going on the forums. Happy to finally find it! Clearly, by my post count, I don't come onto these forums often. But the sethrak and their chance as an Allied Race is just so important to me.

I think the sethrak would be an amazing addition to the Alliance. They're different, exciting, and still have a very 'Alliance' air about them with their loyalty, faith and honor. They make an amazing counterpart to the vulpera, who are resourceful and loyal but scattered people; I think that makes them a great choice for the Horde! These two races as a pair, as Kul Tiran humans and Zandalari trolls are, would be fantastic.

I can't possibly read through 7 threads of sethrak support (though I do wish I could!) so I just wanted to leave some of my thoughts. Deepest apologies if they've been repeated, but also, maybe repeating them will only add to our voices and Blizzard might consider us? Fingers crossed!

#1) I love the sethrak's involvement in the first part of the Alliance war campaign. I think it's an awesome hint-slash-opportunity for future story development, hopefully leading to the sethrak joining the Alliance. Vorrik and Wyrmbane get along quite well, and I do think this is a camaraderie that could speak for the Devoted and the Alliance as a whole. Blizzard didn't say anything about them at Blizzcon, but I do sincerely hope we see more of them in 8.1's Alliance war campaign!

#2) I think Vorrik and the sethrak that think like him would make excellent friends of characters like Velen and the draenei. Their dedication to their faith and the greater good is obvious, and I think it'd open up such neat story opportunities. I can see similar possibilities with the humans and night elves. Similarly, the Devoted are a subfaction of their people, and one being hurt and killed by the Faithless—much like the void elves of the Alliance have been in the past by Silvermoon. I think this also has interesting opportunities.

#3) This is someone else's theory on the "Support Our Sethrak" discord server (check it out! I don't know if posting discord links is allowed, but the second result in a google search will get you there), but I thought it was a really interesting idea and one I'd like to forward: We know after 8.1 we'll be headed to Nazjatar, dealing with naga who are, of course, in league with the old gods. Mythraxx, the murderer of the sethrak's loa Sethraliss, was some form of old god creature. It would be so interesting to see the sethrak helping the Alliance efforts in Nazjatar, due to their experience and knowledge of Mythraxx and presumably old gods. I think this is a fantastic opportunity, and I would love to see it in action!

In closing, I love the sethrak. Their aesthetic, their culture, everything about them is so interesting and refreshing. I think they have so much potential as members of the Alliance, and as an Allied Race in general. It would be so cool to have a dedicated beast race, as cool as worgen and druids are too! (THANK YOU, by the way, for those worgen previews! I'm excited to see more on those!)

I would be happy with the sethrak as an Allied Race at the end of BFA, similar to the Nightborne/etc. I think that'd be perfect, even though I'm so excited I can hardly wait. I deeply implore Blizzard to consider this! I hope they are. They're just so cool.

I knew i should've written Nightborne/Void Elves like that when i brought up the similarities in released races post i made a few pages ago, glad to see someone else noticed it.
I'm here to keep the conversation going, let's get our sneks guys!
11/08/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Cozmir

Diablo Immortal made no sense either, but here we are.

Sethrak is going Horde, Alliance are getting Naga with legs. Horde gets Vulpera, Alliance gets techno gnomes. We have Little person pair and Snek person pair, and much like Legion, the Horde get the start of the Xpack races, while the Alliance get the races added in after the fact.

The precedent is all here, everything pairs up nicely, sorry Alliance, Horde get Sethrak. (I just hope those 2 legged Naga can be as cool, although knowing blizzard...)
It's been recently found out that sethrak npcs appear in Dazar'alor if you finished the vol'dun quest-line as horde. One trader in the marketplace and one priest of sethraliss sitting with other loa worshipers in the hall of lesser loa. This is pretty huge as it give credence to the theory that the sethrak will start reaching out to their old allies and fellow worshipers the zandalari now that sethraliss is back.

I speak a little more in depth about it here if you want to read more about it.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769729237#1
11/08/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Lightvoìd

The precedent is all here, everything pairs up nicely, sorry Alliance, Horde get Sethrak. (I just hope those 2 legged Naga can be as cool, although knowing blizzard...)

Those are called "Ankara" they are Jinyu and Alliance better be thankful that Blizz even considered making these playable giving them a completely new model aside from their mechagnomes.
11/09/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Haitahwa

Those are called "Ankara" they are Jinyu and Alliance better be thankful that Blizz even considered making these playable giving them a completely new model aside from their mechagnomes.
And nothing is saying they're playable? They don't even exist ingame yet. If you take their word about making friends with them, then I hope the Horde is ready to get Gilblin and be incredibly disappointed because they're mentioned as working with the Horde.
11/09/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Haitahwa

they might become an allied race, but when they announced them blizzard immediately threw up some red flag phrases; cannot reproduce, very few left, only goal is to destroy the naga.

based on reasons they've used to deny races in the past ("there's not enough of them to warrant being playable") and the fact that their only goal is the eradication of the naga, it's possible that they'd have no interest in joining the alliance to fight the horde.

If they make it in over sethrak, i'll admit i'd be pretty bummed. i thought the jinyu were dull and silly-looking, and these guys are basically just deep-sea jinyu. but based on how blizzard started volunteering information about how scarce and singlular-purposed they are from the get-go, information that in the past has disqualified something as being playable, i'd think they already don't stand much of a chance, and blizzard was trying to subtly let us know not to go making 10,000 threads on them like many of the other desired ARs.

of course, i could be wrong; lore-wise, void elves are supposed to be pretty scarce, and mag'har were supposedly not much better, so i guess it's possible... but then that still leaves a motive for them to join, which maybe we do actually eradicate the naga, and they wish to find a new purpose in life? (again, doubtful, but who knows).
11/09/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Aspbeard
It's been recently found out that sethrak npcs appear in Dazar'alor if you finished the vol'dun quest-line as horde. One trader in the marketplace and one priest of sethraliss sitting with other loa worshipers in the hall of lesser loa. This is pretty huge as it give credence to the theory that the sethrak will start reaching out to their old allies and fellow worshipers the zandalari now that sethraliss is back.

I speak a little more in depth about it here if you want to read more about it.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769729237#1

That doesn't make a lot of sense though.

1) That is literally the place we are set to invade next patch. I am not sure if the Vol'jin questline is supposed to take before or after the invasion but it seems odd Blizzard would drop them off right before/after the entire city becomes a warzone.

2) The Vulpera NPC quote ( https://tinyurl.com/y8j2tuap ) regarding the purge squads comes to mind, saying that the Alliance are "no better than Sethrak". Not Faithless, but Sethrak as a whole. Considering Vulpera are all but completely confirmed at this point, it would seem odd to have them talk so venomously about a race they are supposedly going to ally with.

3) Do we know for sure Sethrak NPCs are not popping up in any Alliance settlements in the area? Nightborne in Legion were pretty common and working with both factions right up until they decided to stab the Alliance in the back.

4) I don't really buy the loa argument. Zandalari and Sethrak might both worship loa but they also worship very different loa. I could see that being an area of conflict as much if not more than one of unity.
Legless naga? Why not just normal naga as a playable race, I would be pretty cool with that. Give them a new animation for sitting on mounts, make boots strap on to the tip of their tail, and all the other technical stuff. Boom, playable. Naga with legs would just be fish elfs, no thanks.
11/09/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Vandren

That doesn't make a lot of sense though.

1) That is literally the place we are set to invade next patch. I am not sure if the Vol'jin questline is supposed to take before or after the invasion but it seems odd Blizzard would drop them off right before/after the entire city becomes a warzone.

2) The Vulpera NPC quote ( https://tinyurl.com/y8j2tuap ) regarding the purge squads comes to mind, saying that the Alliance are "no better than Sethrak". Not Faithless, but Sethrak as a whole. Considering Vulpera are all but completely confirmed at this point, it would seem odd to have them talk so venomously about a race they are supposedly going to ally with.

3) Do we know for sure Sethrak NPCs are not popping up in any Alliance settlements in the area? Nightborne in Legion were pretty common and working with both factions right up until they decided to stab the Alliance in the back.

4) I don't really buy the loa argument. Zandalari and Sethrak might both worship loa but they also worship very different loa. I could see that being an area of conflict as much if not more than one of unity.

I'm posting my answer here too as I saw you posted it here as well.

1. Well blizzard might've just put them there to show that some devoted are starting to hang out with the zandalari again or future plot development. Also good catch about the new raid. I haven't even thought about that one, do we see any civilians in the raid or sethrak? I think this need more investigation. I also wonder how the sethrak in Dazar'Alor will/would feel about the alliance attack.

2. For the most of the Vol'dun questline do the vulpera say sethrak when they mean faithless, even after they know of the friendly devoted. And that does not stop them from being friendly with them. So I think that Nisha simply mean the faithless in that sentence. I might be wrong though but we will soon see on the ptr.

3. At the moment the vendor and priest in Dazar'Alor are the only one. I've ran around all the alliance bases with my alliance character that completed all bfa quest chains currently in game, to double check.

4. The used to get along splendidly back in the days with seemingly no problems as the sethrak and zandalari relationship is described to have been in harmony and both worshiping Sethraliss. Back then the zandalari also had many loa which they still do to this day. Only reason I can see they would not get along would be if the devoted changed their minds since then which I doubt, many sethrak should still be alive too to remember those old days as we know that Vorrik and Korthek are at least 16k years old.
The zandalari are pretty free to worship any loa they like already so I doubt they would mind.