Is Noob Blocker affecting you?

Oceanic General Discussion
Is Noob Blocker affecting you?

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/noob-blocker

Noob Blocker allows you to filter players or entire realms from your LFG party and from whispering you.

This addon will automatically send filtered players a whisper with a customizable message, and reply to any whispers from blocked players / realms automatically with the same message.

Some realms are undesirable to play with due to ping or language barriers. This lets you quickly filter those players without having to monitor the lfg list.

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/noob-blocker

Could make an impact on Oceanic Realms
"How to use
By default, Latin America and Oceanic realms are blocked. "

Ive never noticed any issue with it, but it would seem according to its own description that if were to get popular we certainly would be.

This seems like a bit of a bad sport addon, while i understand the reasoning behind it with lag in our realms being higher for US players, a ping around 200-400 is completely playable with and something we dealt with for a decade before getting our oceanic servers and we still deal with it just fine when we move to US servers (more common than vice versa).

Really anyone that feels the need to use such an addon is likely bad anyway and cant compensate fora few milliseconds of lag.
This should be broken soon.
I don't apply to yank groups anyway.
Is there an Oceanic version so I can block US players?
Great! US Players dont want to play with us, and we want our day night cycle back to normal. Seems like a perfect solution.
That sounds like a very strange add-on indeed.

Blizzard brought in the LFG system so players could easily find each other, unlike the old way where you would post in general chat.

This addon is just making it hard again, and it's a little mean.

I get that we have different ping to them so maybe they feel we do not perform as well as they do but limiting the people who can join groups just makes it hard for everyone. :(

So sad. I feel this add-on should be banned. If they want to reject people, then make them do it the hard way, instead of hiding behind an add-on. :D
So sad. I feel this add-on should be banned. If they want to reject people, then make them do it the hard way, instead of hiding behind an add-on. :D

They are aware of it, and have done nothing.
10/04/2018 10:49 PMPosted by Aehl

They are aware of it, and have done nothing.
Well that's disappointing.
Gearscore 2.0

Wankers will be wankers
You see all those forum posts about lag? See how unhappy oceanic players are with it? THAT'S why NA servers don't want to group with you. Don't blame it on players for doing what they can to avoid the lag that oceanic servers have to deal with. Blame blizzard for not making it a priority to fix the lag in the first place.
You see all those forum posts about lag? See how unhappy oceanic players are with it? THAT'S why NA servers don't want to group with you. Don't blame it on players for doing what they can to avoid the lag that oceanic servers have to deal with. Blame blizzard for not making it a priority to fix the lag in the first place.

Then lets not go to a place where OCE players start using this addon en masse...and US players start complaining about increased queue times.

The lag you mention isnt to do with location, by the way, its a sharding issue, little else. So that sort of negates your point. Then again, we can look at the bright side...and I mean bright...we get our own night and day cycle back.

We got our own servers after what...ten years? We managed that lag quite well, so really, if you have to deal with lag for a short time only, I again dont see an issue. One of the main reasons we do play together is to decrease your queue times.

You sure you want those to be longer?
Well, there’s also the unwritten rule that if the raid can potentially wipe because one person made a mistake, start kicking players from Ragnaros and QT like...now.
Love this a
Dddon