Why is Blizzard discouraging Alliance WPVP?

War Mode and World PvP
1 2 3 16 Next
Apparently a few days ago Alliance pulled together 3 raids to raid the Zul'Dazar throne room. Multiple raids are needed because there are lots of Horde in war mode, so a single raid will be quickly destroyed.

A GM put a stop to it by porting all the Alliance out of the city.

Is it any wonder that more and more Alliance give up on war mode when putting a lot of effort into a fun, rewarding war mode activity is rewarded with a "fun detected ... must abort" response from Blizzard?

Does Blizzard just want all the Alliance to leave war mode so that Horde can have their 10% bonus free of any risk at all?
Going to need a source on that one.
Interesting. Wouldn't surprise me at all, given what I've seen in the last few days.
I was there for that raid and yes a GM did disconnect all of us which ejected us from the city ending the raid. Picture below was before we left.

https://i.postimg.cc/qvcLzbyZ/Big.jpg

I think in the end we had about 120+ alliance attacking the city.

To be fair to the GM the lag was horrible and that horde city needs way more server resources to support world PvP.

There was a 10 second delay between any action taken and the server performing said action.
And yet 20 to 30man groups can sit on aroms stand or brennadan for over an hour. Despite the lagg it causes or the fact that such a needless act of trolling makes the game unplayable for the alliance in these zones becuase they cant even get enough time to hearth out or fly out. I had to logg out as a corpse the other night.

Not complaining.... Just saying its just more bad pr on blizzs part and its going to result in even more bias claim crap fest.

Have fun blizz....
Lol, cross realm WPvP is by function designed for gigantic raids. This would be an even more monumental failure than it already was.

CRZ was the death knell and War Mode was the losing side's free PvP --> PvE server transfer.
A Blizzard Employee probably couldn't play his Horde character. Either logged into his GM account or called in a favor.
09/30/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Cybillshade
And yet 20 to 30man groups

09/30/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Minitalis

I suppose it was a lag thing then :(
09/30/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Cornstalker
And yet 20 to 30man groups

I suppose it was a lag thing then :(

Uh, huh. Sure. And yet the Worgen starting zone had lag spikes so bad they would set players back an entire minute of play time, that the entire zone was talking about for two HOURS before I finally completed the zone and left, and yet Blizz did absolutely nothing.

Funny how they only care about lag if it affects the Horde.

And yet 20 to 30man groups can sit on aroms stand or brennadan for over an hour

Imagine comparing these two. Of course the GM ported them out, 120 people in a city causes lag and since it's a starter city, you are preventing people from playing the game. I know this forum is basically alliance being emo, but have some common sense.
09/30/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Saurbang

Imagine comparing these two. Of course the GM ported them out, 120 people in a city causes lag and since it's a starter city, you are preventing people from playing the game. I know this forum is basically alliance being emo, but have some common sense.

Which race starts in Zul'Dazar?
09/30/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Yarrow

Which race starts in Zul'Dazar?

BFA starting city
The two main guild leaders have not been heard from in 3 days. A blue explanation would be appreciated. There are 3 maxed out communities in game, 1000 people each, buzzing with this.
09/30/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Yarrow
A GM put a stop to it by porting all the Alliance out of the city.

If this is true (and I have a hard time believing 90% of what Yarrow says most of the time) then that's really stupid.

If they don't want Wpvp to happen in these places, why aren't they no combat zones like Dalaran? That's the easiest solution to the problem. Which I could understand if they wanted to do that. It'd be a little lame, but these major BFA cities are this xpacs version of dalaran. They're super important places with important things there. But to allow Wpvp there and then do that? It's completely ridiculous.

This is an entirely avoidable situation on Blizzards part. They are fully capable of making the 2 cities no combat zones if they do not want Wpvp/raids to happen there.

As a side note, once we have flying it'll be a stupid easy place to raid. The King is at the top with like 5 people and you'd be able to land right on top of him, bypassing the entirety of the building and the guards leading up to him. >.>

You dont need 120 to lag a shard. 30 to 40 can do it. The game lags anytime there is a major battle.

To be clear though folks here are upset about this because horde raids run rampid for hours on end camping towns and quest hubs for the shear lolz of killing lower levels every night and blizz never steps in. Boralas is the only safe haven where horde cant just romp threw.....oh wait scratch that you guys troll threw the harbor too.

Your 20+ ganker squads literally force players out of war mode and thats only after they finally manage to rez after hours of you ganking them. No player should be able to do that for that long of a period.

I warned what would happen if horde kept this up after the second week. Sure enough you guys ticked ally off enough you got slamed with a 120m raid. If anything im happy someone actually got that many ally in one shard. Means theres still hope for the alliance after all.
It's because you're 120+ Alliance raid was basically an in-game DDoS attack.

Horde might smack some Alliance around, but we do it with some restraint and class, without flagging Blizzard HQ radar.
09/30/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Neghrar
If they don't want Wpvp to happen in these places, why aren't they no combat zones like Dalaran? That's the easiest solution to the problem. Which I could understand if they wanted to do that. It'd be a little lame, but these major BFA cities are this xpacs version of dalaran. They're super important places with important things there. But to allow Wpvp there and then do that? It's completely ridiculous.

They're more like Vanilla Orgrimmar and Stormwind.

And frankly, the same thing happened back then. On my server Maelstrom, there was someone who regularly ran raids on Orgrimmar, at least once downing Thrall with 80 people in two raids.

Eventually Blizzard put a stop to it.

Given we were an Alliance minority server in the day when the majority faction always won the big battles, having our one source of victories taken out of the game really took the fun out of it. Without that fun, people left the game for years and the server became a ghost town, something that remained true until very recently.

Hopefully Blizzard does not make the same mistake again. It's better to lag out a shard on occasion than to eliminate the fun. People who are having fun will stay subscribed even if they get some lag. People who are not having fun will eventually drop their subscriptions even if they never get lag.

If lag becomes more than an occasional problem, the right way to handle it is through hardware upgrades, not by driving people to unsubscribe.
It feels like they changed the servers where even a 40v40 completely lags everybody out. I'm not surprised a 120 person raid was stopped, in fact I'm impressed that they solved the issue quickly.
This is not "horde favoritism" How can you be so narcissistic? Alliance can make 30 man gank squads and camp quest hubs just like the horde can. I watched some people from sargeras do just that yesterday.
There was something similar that happened, (in I think Wrath or Cataclysm was it?) where a Horde raid invaded Stormwind and had the place on complete lockdown for an hour or two. No NPC was left alive, no one could use the AH or any of the NPCs and even when the Alliance had formed a raid group to try to put an end to it, another Horde raid group showed up and shut that down completely.

A GM had to get involved and Port out all of the players back to Orgrimmar. I'm not sure if anyone got banned, but they did get a warning, as shutting down an entire city on such a large scale is against ToS, (also, not to mention the lag it created on the server) and could get them banned.