Where did this love for MoP suddenly come from?

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 20 Next
10/06/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Battlezone
MoP is by far the best expansion imo. Everything was good about it except the content draught. I even didn't mind dailies they were my favorite way of handling rep not this world quest bs..
Dailies and WQ Are the same exact thing.
I didn't do much PvE in MoP, but it was by far the most enjoyable PvP I experienced in all the xpacs I played.

I had like 9 different toons I maxed out every week. Every single spec was viable and had multiple viable comps. You also had a TON of skills.
MOP created Pandaren and Pandaren are the master race. #logic
I think saying majority !@#$ on MoP is a bit of an exaggeration. There were a lot of people whining because of Kung Fu Pandas and Pokemon but far from the majority of players.

I was one that criticized MoP when it was current but still believe it was one of the best expansions. The largest issue I had with it were the daily grind that was brutal if you wanted to keep several characters going. Funny now, I'd kill to go back to having only a handful of quests per day to get a sizeable amount of rep earned. The content was fun and with a lot of it was actually different. Class design felt really good and it made helped PvP actually be a lot of fun (Albeit CC was a bit much), raids were a blast, 5 mans were well designed and with the addition of Challenge Mode there was a lot of replayability given to them, patches added entire new islands to play around on and explore and new things to do.

Most xpacs are recieved with bad feedback because they're trying to compare an xpac that has been out for 2 years and gotten all of its content updates to one that was just released. So with that you see the whole shift of "this expansion is awful" and when the next releases "X expansion was great! This one sucks!". With WoD of course really being the one exception to that.
I really enjoyed MOP. The part that stank was listening to so may cry "Horde Favoritism" when most of us hated the story arc involving Garrosh. I've always wished they could have been invested in the faction with dirtbag leaders, and get some favoritism for themselves.

Guess Blizz is punishing me for being a bad person, here we are again. Just because I don't like how the story goes doesn't change the fun I have playing the game. WOW has always had a poorly written story, but it's fun.
10/03/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Sneakyshrek
In WoW's entirety I was most active during the Cataclysm-MoP eras and I can confidently tell you that the majority of the community absolutely sh*tted on MoP both before and after it released. A couple things that come to mind are the general theme of the expansion, the new talent trees, and PvP changes. Lots of people hated MoP and it showed in the declining subscription numbers.

However, fast forward to six years later and you see people constantly crying on the forums saying things like "MoP was the last good expansion" and "revert classes back to MoP". When Mists was current you would probably get laughed at for having anything positive to say about the expansion. So why do people suddenly miss it?

Sounds to me like the WoW community is full of hypocrites and nobody ever knows what they really want.

Just like the general population is about everything nowadays.
MoP started rough, but it redeemed itself towards the end.

I still didn't like the way class design was handled though. Talents and skills were pruned and made a lot of classes unrecognizable, more than Cata did.

Many people were complaining about all the unnecessary dailies and reps, and I hated those too. It wasn't until the end that they made it easier.

The story with Garrosh was always controversial too.

Overall though, the reason why people hated MoP was because of panda bias.
10/05/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Bretherezen
10/03/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Jank
I don't speak for anyone but myself, and I liked Mists of Pandaria then, and I still like it now. Honestly, from a thematic, class and fun point of view MoP was hands down the single best expansion that Blizzard has released to date. Battle for Azeroth is a close second.

Was probably never here for Wrath of the Lich King...

Wrath hands down, had the best, most evocative story line and I loved ICC. Wrath dungeons were undertuned however and that, in part is why Cata (which brought back the need for dungeon mechanics) was so hated.

I agree Wrath was best but MoP also was brilliant. I still return to my farm often.
10/06/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Srogoth

Except there were fewer dailies per faction and each quest granted significantly more rep than most world quests do. If you were focusing on one faction, you had maybe 3-6ish quests to do each day and each one granted a few hundred rep, iirc. I found that easier to manage with limited play time than what we have now which is dozens of quests per faction zone and each one only grants 75 rep per quest. Sure you can focus on the emissary quests and only do 4 and get a whole lot of rep on that turn in, but only if the emissary quest of the day is the faction you want to focus on at that time.
MoP is by far the best expansion imo. Everything was good about it except the content draught. I even didn't mind dailies they were my favorite way of handling rep not this world quest bs..

Except you already did every quest in the WQ queue while you leveled. At least "dailies" were original and unique to the particular faction.
I always liked MoP, but cata is my favorite. I have yet to meet anyone else who likes cata as much as me though.
No idea. MoP was crap then and it's crap now. Only Cata is worse, thougt BfA is starting to creep up.
I liked MoP. Didn't have much to complain about in that expac. The world is incredibly beautiful, it has weather, we got our own farm, cool npc's and players would be there.

Good questing, stuff to do. I didn't finish it but then, I don't finish much of the expacs.

If they ever did another panda themed expac and used the Pandaria zones, I think I'd be cool with that.
10/03/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Sneakyshrek
In WoW's entirety I was most active during the Cataclysm-MoP eras and I can confidently tell you that the majority of the community absolutely sh*tted on MoP both before and after it released. A couple things that come to mind are the general theme of the expansion, the new talent trees, and PvP changes. Lots of people hated MoP and it showed in the declining subscription numbers.

However, fast forward to six years later and you see people constantly crying on the forums saying things like "MoP was the last good expansion" and "revert classes back to MoP". When Mists was current you would probably get laughed at for having anything positive to say about the expansion. So why do people suddenly miss it?

Sounds to me like the WoW community is full of hypocrites and nobody ever knows what they really want.

But it was the last expansion that was WOW .

Daily quests that could been ingored if we was not leveling a profession. Now we have world quests that being forced to level a neck and to unlock FPs, story and races.

Little RNG on loot, now everything is RNG on RNG

No ilvl scaling and squishes , just classic progression form gear.

The freedom not to forced to keep up but to choose if we wanted to grind or have fun with friends or a silly adventure.

Classes that was fun to play even it had issues.

Flight that was enable form the start like in BC forward.

Content that was engaging because the patch that had the horde vs alliance was not 5 quests that was spaced out with boring world quests grinds that have nothing to do with the war. Where is the war world quests? War makes more sense that picking up honey every day.

A new class that was not locked behind a rep grind

A new race that had it own starter zone and not locked behind a rep grind.

But most whining was form people crying over pandas and China and that not even a problem but trolling. It was issues with CRZ which should been brought up that it don't have the perks of a real mega server and the last tier did last to long. LFR did have issues with tuning for the causals but they did fix on it than gaslight and pretend nothing is wrong and they is all bad.

Mostly it was elites whining that causals had it easy and it mostly why we have the WOW we have now. The forums never had the complaints on this level till all the changes that was for the elites that wanted a dull lifeless game of chores and the greed of the time mertic development that agreed with it.

Yes stuff was locked behind rep in MOP but not everything like it is now. But to say the issues older wow had is on the same level as BFA is a joke not even in cata with it heroics.
MoP has Kiryn and Riko. #bestexpac
10/03/2018 10:30 PMPosted by Jank
10/03/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Goraxe
WotLK is by far leaps and bounds the best Xpac ever.
Best expansion, in your opinion. Which isn't a fact, just an opinion. Try not to confuse the two, Champ.

The numbers and ratings speak for themselves, so not an opinion.

They really weren't. You run around and do WQ and just get the little rewards. There's no story to it, no purpose other than the rep and rewards you pick and choose.

Daily quests in MoP were part of a story, maybe the same story for the same goals, but still part of a cohesive purpose. You'd get your list of things to do, go make the rounds in the area they were clustered, maybe do some gathering, skinning, etc. When you went back and turned them in it felt like you accomplished something much more than how WQ work now.

The Klaxxi daily quests could be pretty fun, and you could choose different allies to help you with their special abilities in that zone.

There were achievements tied into many of the faction dailies for other fun things to do at the same time. There were side events near many daily hubs with rares, warbringers, and scouts. The random crafting mats they could drop worked well with professions.

In the light of WoD, Legion, and BfA MoP doesn't look so bad these days. It was also the last expansion to have max level flying, by far one of the most popular all time WoW features now ruined by an achievement wall and absurdly long time gate.
you gotta take in acount that people that dont have problems with the game dont usually come to talk about their lack of problems.

Honestly the fact that some are defending WoD for crying out loud is far worse.
After the heap that WoD was of course MoP is going to look great.

It wasn't a bad xpac either, the little island landmass had plenty to do. I loved the raiding even though SoO ran a little long and I didn't care much for ToT at all but the Klaxxi really pulled me in. I really thought they were going to finally fix the PvP system, the power and resilience system made it better than it had been in a while.

Sadly it was the first I saw of linear questing in the game, something I hate the most. and the daily's to break into the first raids were a bit much as well.

This game hasn't been the same since :(
10/04/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Caydran
10/03/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Goraxe

HELL NO, WotLK is by far leaps and bounds the best Xpac ever. WotLK was the first Xpac to do away with the massive rep grinds. it was the first Xpac to have LFD. Professions were at their best we had the Valor system. MoP was garbage compared to WotLK. Only people I could say would of been happier with MoP was tanks due to the Active Mitigation tanking that was done at the time, and maybe some people who thought Throne of Thunder was the high point of raids. Which I would disagree with I think ICC is the best all around Raid. The Lich King is still voted the best villain in Wow.

Wrong.

Ever heard of ToC? Ashen Verdict? Kirin Tor? Wyrmrest Accord?

Those were massive rep grinds. And they were ALL part of Wrath.

Every expansion has had its "massive rep grinds" that were necessary for this item or that recipe.

Those rep grinds was not mandatory to unlock everything in a expansion like the neck, story and races so the people could ingore then if they didn't want those items. Also rep grinds was not as slow and time locked to death either.