Spending far less time in BfA... here's why:

General Discussion
I loved Legion and spent hours playing every day, mostly doing missions. I'm just not playing that way in BfA, and here's why.

- World quests aren't as rewarding. It feels bad to go from choosing WQs that award at least 500-600 resources to WQs that reward a max of 100. Same for azerite.

- I don't care about farming azerite. I know that I'll get more in 8.1 and/or 8.2 if I really want it, but even then, if I get a different piece of gear everything I've worked for goes out the window anyway, especially if stuff isn't even unlocked on it yet.

- Not enough reward versus risk. I can run island expeditions all day and maybe I'll get something. My time spent may not be rewarded, at all. There's no vendor to buy some of the items on, like the bones on the Isle of Giants. It's just a huge, random mess.

- My class plays worse than it has in three expansions. Ferals are slow, waiting for the GCD, and horribly power starved. It's not fun or engaging, it's a waiting game.

- Waiting for 3 weeks to kill a rare in a warfront, bites. That's not fun or engaging, either. It's fun for about an hour once every three weeks.

- Missions on the mission tables are lackluster, at best. As I said before, I don't see a need or reason to run world quests to get resources to get azerite, and that's mostly what's on my mission table. The good gold missions are gone and you can't get faction tokens after exalted.

*spaced out points, looked like wall o'text
I logged in twice this week. Once to do world boss and the other to do the 7th legion emissary cause I'll want to level a dark iron dwarf at some point (but I'm starting to think blizz killed my interest in continuing to play WoW).
It looks like you're not really progressing in anything, Op. What exactly do you do? You're still wearing greens if the Armory is correct. You should be doing WQs every day at your ilvl if you decide to stick it out with that toon.

Maybe this game just isn't for you...or feral isn't for you...and that's okay. Try leveling something new and more fun!

I'm about to be exalted with every faction very soon. I chased Dark Iron Dwarf immediately and got it - felt great! Now I'm leveling up my Heart to unlock all of my azerite traits while sending out missions that only reward the rep I need - if they're not available, I run azerite missions. Why not? You can do it from your phone at work.

PvP is always fun to me, so that never gets old. Still looking for a partner (or two) to push rating as I haven't really taken a shot at that yet.

Bounty hunting is also something I do daily - the thrill of the hunt!

Also working on pushing higher mythic keys as +6 is the highest I've done so far due to carrying so many people and watching my raider io rating sit really low.

I also play with friends every evening and that's really what keeps me playing.
Normally I wouldn't complain but everybody and their momma is in Argus now. I'm there myself because I wanna gear up a little first before I hit BFA content, but I guess the discontent people are having with endgame is having a direct effect on people taking all my precious mobs in old Argus content.

Tldr: Get off my lawn
It looks like you're not really progressing in anything, Op. You're still wearing greens if the Armory is correct.

Maybe this game just isn't for you...or feral isn't for you...and that's okay. Try leveling something new and more fun!

I'm about to be exalted with every faction very soon. I chased Dark Iron Dwarf immediately and got it - felt great! Now I'm leveling up my Heart to unlock all of my azerite traits while sending out missions that only reward the rep I need - if they're not available, I run azerite missions. Why not? You can do it from your phone at work.

PvP is always fun to me, so that never gets old. Still looking for a partner (or two) to push rating as I haven't really taken a shot at that yet.

Also working on pushing higher mythic keys as +6 is the highest I've done so far due to carrying so many people and watching my raider io rating sit really low.

Points are valid, armory status is irrelevant.
10/04/2018 05:07 AMPosted by Sylverpaw
I loved Legion and spent hours playing every day, mostly doing missions. I'm just not playing that way in BfA, and here's why.

- World quests aren't as rewarding. It feels bad to go from choosing WQs that award at least 500-600 resources to WQs that reward a max of 100. Same for azerite.

- I don't care about farming azerite. I know that I'll get more in 8.1 and/or 8.2 if I really want it, but even then, if I get a different piece of gear everything I've worked for goes out the window anyway, especially if stuff isn't even unlocked on it yet.

- Not enough reward versus risk. I can run island expeditions all day and maybe I'll get something. My time spent may not be rewarded, at all. There's no vendor to buy some of the items on, like the bones on the Isle of Giants. It's just a huge, random mess.

- My class plays worse than it has in three expansions. Ferals are slow, waiting for the GCD, and horribly power starved. It's not fun or engaging, it's a waiting game.

- Waiting for 3 weeks to kill a rare in a warfront, bites. That's not fun or engaging, either. It's fun for about an hour once every three weeks.

- Missions on the mission tables are lackluster, at best. As I said before, I don't see a need or reason to run world quests to get resources to get azerite, and that's mostly what's on my mission table. The good gold missions are gone and you can't get faction tokens after exalted.

WQ rewards are relative to what you spend them on. Mission table is not as important in BFA. There just isn't a lot of reasons to need war resources. I am typically overflowing in them with minimal effort. In Legion you needed a ton of resources. Or could at least use them for something. In BFA you can't. Yet.

AP rewards are relative to the different catch up mechanic of BFA (compared to Legion). In Legion your catch up mechanic (AK) increased the AP gain by 20-30% each week of it. In BFA the reward stays the same, but the amount needed to level that rank of AP lowers 20-30% each week. It makes each AP reward mean more and more as the weeks go on.

Have you run island expeditions recently? I average some sort of reward from about 50% of them. I am not counting the dubloon bags. But mogs, 325 weapons, bonus AP quest turn ins, pets. This is apparently tied to killing rares during your expedition, but I have found the rewards to be greatly increased in drop rate.

The warfront issue will get better in time in that regard. As more warfronts are opened, they will be staggered. I am not saying its an ideal solution, just commenting that it will change.
I agree with some of your points. Azerite/AP farming is not fun. A lot of class mechanics don't feel fun. The length of time on Warfronts sucks in general.

However:

Mission table missions not feeling as interesting is fantastic. I hated my in-game time being hinged on sending out other followers to do stuff in some behind the scenes roll of the dice BS. The fact that the missions I can send them on are less interesting gives me just enough to do from the mobile app, and I never feel the need to visit it in game. That's fine by me. Great, actually.

I don't need a ton of war resources. Getting several hundred resources from a WQ in Legion feels almost the same as getting 50 now - because you use vastly less of them, and the cost for missions and followers is also less. I don't need to gather 10,000+ resources on a character now. That feels just fine.
10/04/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Smalltoch
It looks like you're not really progressing in anything, Op. What exactly do you do? You're still wearing greens if the Armory is correct. You should be doing WQs every day at your ilvl if you decide to stick it out with that toon.

Well, let's see... "Maybe this game isn't for me?" Funny, because I've been playing it for over a decade. "Maybe feral isn't for me?" Well, I can't agree with that either; because the class has been changed to the point that, as I said, it plays slow and it is starved for energy. I have a good basis for comparison, too, as I've been playing it, again, for over a decade.

It's not that the class isn't for me; it's that it's been redesigned in such a way that it is bad to play. That's not on me, it's on the designers. Sure, I could play something else, and do. That's not the point.

I'm not really a PVPer. Lots of folks that play WoW aren't. So a good part of your answer doesn't even apply to me.

You spoke to my progression, well... I'm not going to progress much if I don't enjoy playing and don't play.

As to playing with friends, many have left, feeling the same way I do, which is the point of this post. It's feedback with a hope that it will be addressed, not a whiny "this game sucks" thread.
Yeah, I agree with the Op. Things are just different. I don't have the same desire to play like Legion, or expansions before it. I already feel burned out/bored and the expansion just came out. What does that say?
I log on to raid only and that's it. After raid I do the islands for the 2500, do 1 key for a cache, then log off.

I would pvp, but I don't feel like rerolling another main.

The game has run out of creative, fun stuff to do. The Warfront has zero challenge or threat of anything whatsoever and expeditions don't give anything. The people who I hear say they're fun literally never do them.

Words don't mean anything anymore. If you aren't participating in this stuff daily, I don't buy it if you say you find them fun, you're just smoke blowing.

Well, let's see... "Maybe this game isn't for me?" Funny, because I've been playing it for over a decade. "Maybe feral isn't for me?" Well, I can't agree with that either; because the class has been changed to the point that, as I said, it plays slow and it is starved for energy. I have a good basis for comparison, too, as I've been playing it, again, for over a decade.

You spoke to my progression, well... I'm not going to progress much if I don't enjoy playing and don't play.

As to playing with friends, many have left, feeling the same way I do, which is the point of this post. It's feedback with a hope that it will be addressed, not a whiny "this game sucks" thread.

So it sounds like it's time for you to take a break or switch things up a bit. You said you've been playing feral for over 10 years. I get it as I was in the same boat, albeit I didn't wait 10 years to make a change. Try something new! I mained feral for years and also got bored, so I leveled up this rogue and my fire for the game has been rekindled.

It's okay to take a break. We all do. But if you really want to enjoy the game again, it sounds like you need to focus on what you can control, which is changing things up. You can't control what the devs do to your class, but you can change what class you play. You never know, you might find a breath a fresh air by rerolling.

Good luck!
10/04/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Kywrath
Yeah, I agree with the Op. Things are just different. I don't have the same desire to play like Legion, or expansions before it. I already feel burned out/bored and the expansion just came out. What does that say?

Same here. Was just saying to a friend that can't play right now due to PC issues that I only log in to play twice a week now cause I feel burned out/bored.

There is something missing this xpac that Legion had.

I've even tried leveling some alts, but got bored with that as well. And tying to level some professions is horrible (Tailoring and Enchanting I'm looking at you).

I'm hoping it gets better when more warfronts become available and 8.1 content drops.
10/04/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Akston
WQ rewards are relative to what you spend them on. Mission table is not as important in BFA.

None of the BFA "currencies" are rewarding thus doing any activity that primarily rewards them equals not worth the time or effort.

1) Grinding Azerite to unlock boring traits until you RNG an upgrade that requires more unlocking.

2) Reputation for anyone not interested in getting Mag'har/Dark Iron ASAP or mounts or tabards ASAP. Flying is months away.

3) War Resources to run missions for: Azerite, Reputation Tokens, Pet Charms, or less gold than a small stack of Ore or Herbs.

4) WQ for any of the above including insignificant amounts of gold, while also being insignificant amounts of the other currencies. Or gear that stops scaling at 330 outclasses by spammable Warfronts.

5) Warfronts useless for anything but gearing alts on Scenario week with maybe 1 1/2 hours of content for the other 2 weeks. More won't make this better if the rewards are the same and new Rares bring new loot. You're just up to 3 hours of content spread over a 2 week cycle. Then 4 1/2 hours.

6) Island Expeditions mainly reward Azerite and Rep. Both unrewarding because of reasons stated above. But hey, you can play them wrong, work to stretch them out hoping for rare spawns to kill to maybe get a cosmetic item to drop and maybe win the drop.

7) Several mechanically flawed specializations and more that lack for fun.

Fundamental design flaws permeating all of BFA content requiring serious reworks. Or we can muddle through for another 16 months and wait for a hopefully better expansion from the same designers.
I greatly miss the PvP towers and FFA areas as well.
10/04/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Wyler
I greatly miss the PvP towers and FFA areas as well.

Good point here for sure.

Where's Bareback Brawl, part 2? That was my favorite area!

I agree with everything the OP has laid out. The Bolded points I think are the biggest ones. The fact players can do dungeons, raids, and island expeditions for weeks with potentially no rewards is very very bad design. Rewards are what keep people playing, not needing the rewards.

I've said it before but the design philosophy this expac has been all stick and no carrot, and if you beat people with the stick long enough, they just stop moving forward.
10/04/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Smalltoch
It's okay to take a break. We all do. But if you really want to enjoy the game again, it sounds like you need to focus on what you can control, which is changing things up.
You're literally dismissing the OPs concerns by saying, "If your class sucks, play something else! Don't want to play something else, then quit playing the game!" That's the worse thing to tell someone who enjoyed playing a class previously, to play something else and telling folks to take a break. Telling someone to quit should be the last thing anyone recommends to somebody.

I liked Mistweaver Monk in Legion but hated Brewmaster. Now we're in BfA, I don't like Mistweaver that much because it feels wrong spamming Vivify, an AoE spell. I like Brewmaster now though so I'm 50/50.

Instead of coming into the thread and dismissing OPs concerns by saying it's time to take a break, maybe acknowledge that just maybe, his class was changed so much it doesn't feel right since playing over all these years.
10/04/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Smalltoch
It's okay to take a break. We all do. But if you really want to enjoy the game again, it sounds like you need to focus on what you can control, which is changing things up.
You're literally dismissing the OPs concerns by saying, "If your class sucks, play something else! Don't want to play something else, then quit playing the game!" That's the worse thing to tell someone who enjoyed playing a class previously, to play something else and telling folks to take a break. Telling someone to quit should be the last thing anyone recommends to somebody.

Instead of coming into the thread and dismissing OPs concerns by saying it's time to take a break, maybe acknowledge that just maybe, his class was changed so much it doesn't feel right since playing over all these years.

That's your opinion and I gave mine - but who are you to tell me that my opinion is wrong?

I can't fix Op's class, so you want me to coddle him/her and hold their hand...tell them it will be okay? Keep playing a class you currently don't enjoy?

I literally didn't dismiss any of Op's concerns, but I can't fix them, so I gave advice based on what I personally did to enjoy the game again.

There's nothing wrong with taking a break.
I just finally got a character to 120 about a week ago. The leveling was fun (on Alliance) but I don't have much enthusiasm for this xpac. Most of my WoW time has been used grinding rep in Legion to try and get the last 2 paragon mounts I need. Strangely I found that more enjoyable that the BfA experience. Now that I have a toon at 120 though I'm looking to start doing content. Whether or not BfA content keeps me content and happy remains to be seen.

(Still don't have those last 2 paragon mounts (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ )
...You're literally dismissing the OPs concerns by saying, "If your class sucks, play something else! Don't want to play something else, then quit playing the game!" That's the worse thing to tell someone who enjoyed playing a class previously, to play something else and telling folks to take a break. Telling someone to quit should be the last thing anyone recommends to somebody.

That's your opinion and I gave mine - but who are you to tell me that my opinion is wrong?

I can't fix Op's class, so you want me to coddle him/her and hold their hand...tell them it will be okay? Keep playing a class you currently don't enjoy?

I literally didn't dismiss any of Op's concerns, but I can't fix them, so I gave advice based on what I personally did to enjoy the game again.

There's nothing wrong with taking a break.
Your opinion is telling him to stop playing a class he likes. You're not doing anything helpful besides telling him to quit and stop playing a class he used to like. One of the sub-topics was his class. You pointed out that he should re-roll to another class or quit playing altogether. If he wanted to play another class as much as his Druid I'm sure he, I, and others would do so. Some folks only play WoW for 1 class. They may have a few alts or 2 but they'll only login to play 1 class because it was, and that's the keyword, was fun to them.

There's everything wrong with taking a break when suggesting that to someone. In this particular instance, that means there's something wrong with the game that's pushing folks away and instead of acknowledging that there's a legitimate issue coming from the Druid community, and our response from player to player is just stop playing? If you don't see anything wrong with that, I don't think you'll see the underlying issue there.