kill mythic dungeons

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
i'm done trying to keep up with mythic dungeon runners.
I do not want to run dungeons all day.
dungeons are dumb and mythic dungeons do not support all classes(warrior tanks for one, no one wants a druid on high keys either).
so the game of wow has turned into facerolling boring content for the only grindable gear in the game.
it also inflates gear scores for the few that either like them or are willing to run mythics for gears.
I skipped legion over this.
the dungeon grind used to be necessary but have an end in sight when you out geared them and didn't have to spam anymore.
there is no reason to run content anymore, just the same dungeons over and over.
I for one am done with mythics I will not do them and when I fall behind in gear I will quit playing again just like legion.

all realm group finder makes doing anything without achievement impossible and getting achievement is impossible without a group, go figure.
You're nuts. Don't do them if you feel that way. I personally finding it hard to get into a raid group because some website sims us so low is a problem. It's literally the only reason why I have gear. It's a great addition and I have no idea what spec you are, but resto druids groups constantly look for. Mass entanglement is a specific niche as well.
I run mythic plus for spammable fun all week. Speed running is how we've always played the content, now there is a way to up the difficulty as you improve. 5 mans are way more intimate that raids and the new ones leave very little room for carries, which I love.

People focus way to much on gear. I log in, play what I want (4s if I want to relax, 8-9s if I want a challenge) then I log out.

Who cares what the top end are doing? Plus, boomkins are awesome for runs.
10/05/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Shèrlòck
i'm done trying to keep up with mythic dungeon runners.
I do not want to run dungeons all day.
dungeons are dumb and mythic dungeons do not support all classes(warrior tanks for one, no one wants a druid on high keys either).
so the game of wow has turned into facerolling boring content for the only grindable gear in the game.
it also inflates gear scores for the few that either like them or are willing to run mythics for gears.
I skipped legion over this.
the dungeon grind used to be necessary but have an end in sight when you out geared them and didn't have to spam anymore.
there is no reason to run content anymore, just the same dungeons over and over.
I for one am done with mythics I will not do them and when I fall behind in gear I will quit playing again just like legion.

all realm group finder makes doing anything without achievement impossible and getting achievement is impossible without a group, go figure.

Lol i was just about to make a post saying, they should really do away with mythic + dungeons. But i saw this thread and assumed it was probably the same thing, i'm all for getting rid of it.
10/06/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Cömanche
You're nuts. Don't do them if you feel that way. I personally finding it hard to get into a raid group because some website sims us so low is a problem. It's literally the only reason why I have gear. It's a great addition and I have no idea what spec you are, but resto druids groups constantly look for. Mass entanglement is a specific niche as well.

I said I will not do them.

my spec doesn't keep me from mythics my dislike of running dungeons does.my problem is I fall behind people that can spam them without losing their mind with no real reason to get gear from other content, then be op in other content(especially with no pvp gear anymore).this used to be how you got that bump in gear before you went on to actually play the game, now it is the game.

and the reason you can not get into a raid isn't websites, it's that gear is over padded because of mythic dungeons.
imagine how hard it would be to get into raids if you didn't find mythics fun and didn't have that extra gear score that came with them.
Running dungeons has always been a thing, some like it some don't. Now, rather than just having to run content that you severely outgear, there is a reward and a challenge to running it over and over again, so for that reason I don't think it's a bad idea.

I personally don't run Mythics. I've done a couple but I just don't have the time to invest thee days to run content like that. There is a lot of elitism in Mythic runs, so if you aren't into it then you tend to get left behind quickly...

Gear? I get gear from Raid progress, i'm not pushing content anymore, RL sees to that, but I can still raid, still make progress and still enjoy myself without doing Mythic content...but all the best to those who do!
10/07/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Shèrlòck
10/06/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Cömanche

I said I will not do them.

my spec doesn't keep me from mythics my dislike of running dungeons does.my problem is I fall behind people that can spam them without losing their mind with no real reason to get gear from other content, then be op in other content(especially with no pvp gear anymore).this used to be how you got that bump in gear before you went on to actually play the game, now it is the game.

and the reason you can not get into a raid isn't websites, it's that gear is over padded because of mythic dungeons.
imagine how hard it would be to get into raids if you didn't find mythics fun and didn't have that extra gear score that came with them.

Mythic+ is an alternative for gearing, not a replacement.

You can get high ilvl gear from just raiding, or just pvp, or just mythic+. You aren't required to do any of them specifically.
Prot warriors are beast. Druids are great too. If you are taking, just start your own group and makes friends to run with.
Just because you are not fond of specific content does not mean it needs to go. I find M+ dungeons to be fun and challenging. Not to mention it is a lot less time consuming to put together a group for one in comparison to a raid. Do I get passed up on for some pug groups because I'm a warlock and cant burst like a rogue or Boomkin? Sure, it happens but I just start my own group or find another willing to run with me. Better yet, find a guild that runs them! In my experience running with guildmates is awesome and ilvl isn't a critical deciding factor for who gets to come along. I actually spent some of the past weekend helping guildmates gear alts via mythics and M+. I got nothing out of it but I still didn't mind running them because it was helping my guildies.

WoW is an MMO designed for you to make friends and group with others. I assure you that you will have a much better time playing this game if you quit fighting it and join a community/guild to play and establish friendships with.

If you have a hard time finding a guild to run with then I would also recommend checking out the M+ discords out there. They are usually full of people looking for others to group with for M+.
I would completely understand where you’re coming from if there wasn’t an option to create your very OWN group at any time of the day. Also if there was maybe a teeny tiny player base (you know making it a little difficult to find others) buttttttt... you’re making this as personal as it gets when it comes to personal problems. People do tend to be a little unreasonable when it comes to their group requirements, I’m not challenging that whatsoever, but that’s the thing; it’s their group. Mythic+ are an optionable experience. Honestly, I don’t care for them, but, If there’s something I want I make the initiative to obtain it. If that means sacrificing time so be it, life. I hope you can find a filler that satisfies you in the gear grind!
If you kill mythic+ you would literally ruin this game for a lot of people. Me included. I quit the game for 5 years and literally mythic+ is the only reason i returned. Mythic+ is the only thing keeping me going... You take this away and im gone.
If you don't want to run dungeons, then don't run dungeons. I love dungeons and have had a ton of fun doing mythic+. Sorry one thing in the game doesn't appeal to you, but that doesn't mean you get to throw a tantrum and ruin it for everyone else.
Everyone needs to realize that no amount of complaining on the forums will get rid of M+

Blizzard has built an e-sport around it and invested a lot of time and money into dungeon design for that reason. Clearly the OP is not happy with the system and thats his choice but I think Blizzard and the majority of the player base knows M+ is here to stay.
You're the reason we lost master loot, isn't it? "I don't like something so instead of choosing a different option available to me, I want no one in the game to have that option."

I'm a warrior. I do M+. I ain't the greatest nor playing the greatest class for it, I can still do 10s-11s etc. So please stop giving blizzard terrible ideas. They've done enough damage for one expansion. Let's wait two years until they add an RNG system to whether you're doing M+ or raid or PVP this week.
This thread is basically "I don't like dungeons so they shouldn't be in the game."

Get over yourself mate, none of us care if you don't like something.
i have a better idea...remove raids, accomplishes so many things

1) resources can be devoted to world (not WQ) content instead of slapping in LFR difficulty and saying 'go do that'
2) M+ can have actual azerite gear drop from their loot tables instead of raiders whining "but i don't want to have to do anything but raiding !"
3) crafted gear can be powerful and varied instead of raiders whining "wtf do you mean someone can craft powerful gear ? BUT MUH RAIDING GEAR MUST BE THE BEST"

And now for a more practical real statement for you...M+ is keeping around A LOT of subscribers who want to have a casual and rewarding (but still challenging) gameplay mode but hate raiding, myself included

Raiding has destroyed so many other areas of the game since the launch of WoW if only because of the obscene amount of development resources and testing they require, let it go and the game can thrive
10/09/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Valkür
i have a better idea...remove raids, accomplishes so many things

1) resources can be devoted to world (not WQ) content instead of slapping in LFR difficulty and saying 'go do that'
2) M+ can have actual azerite gear drop from their loot tables instead of raiders whining "but i don't want to have to do anything but raiding !"
3) crafted gear can be powerful and varied instead of raiders whining "wtf do you mean someone can craft powerful gear ? BUT MUH RAIDING GEAR MUST BE THE BEST"

And now for a more practical real statement for you...M+ is keeping around A LOT of subscribers who want to have a casual and rewarding (but still challenging) gameplay mode but hate raiding, myself included

Raiding has destroyed so many other areas of the game since the launch of WoW if only because of the obscene amount of development resources and testing they require, let it go and the game can thrive

You are under the impression that Mythic Raiders actually do it for the loot. This is simply a fallacy. Most mythic raiders don't choose to spend hours on end wiping to the same boss repeatedly just because they have a chance at a piece of loot thats a few ilvls higher than what they already have. We raid because we enjoy doing the hardest content in the game and the most rewarding part about it is actually downing a boss/clearing a raid on Mythic. Many of us also enjoy the social aspect of playing with 20 people that come together as a cohesive unit to complete the content. With that said, considering the time committed to Mythic raiding (not only for raiding but recruiting players and gearing themselves and others) as well as the skill required it should provide the highest value rewards in the game. It's bad enough that the Titanforging system has thrown off the gear scaling so much that balancing Mythic content is near impossible for Blizzard at this point.

Let's put it this way, just because I don't care for farming pets/mounts, hunting down achievements, or even PVP doesn't mean I want them out of the game. Why should raiding be any different? If you don't like it don't do it. Coming to the forums and crapping on content that is the only reason many people play this game isn't helpful or constructive.
Better idea, fix the key system. It's pretty much running into the issues that original GRs in D3 ran into.

Keys no longer have levels. Instead the player inserts at the alter and they can select up to one level higher than the highest level they completed the dungeon on.

I'd get rid of keys being locked to a specific dungeon. If people don't run the dungeon because they find it unpleasant with certain affixes or just plain unpleasant, maybe that'll force Blizz to review and adjust some things.

Mythics and weekly chest would always drop a key. If a play completes a mythic+, their character that achieved that now gets a mythic+ key to drop at the end of a their first heroic after reset, if they didn't get the weekly chest or didn't complete a mythic before hand.

I think the biggest issue with mythic+ is that it fragments the community too much. If you're not pushing high mythics constantly, you can easily fall to a ilvl where people don't want to take you because they only have one key and it's a high level key. This setup would let people run with friends on a lower setting and give them a little more room to grab a new key if it fails.

As for toxicity, I have no idea how you fix that. I'm currently just looking at using the community feature to find something that will work for me.
I dont normally chose classes for numbers, I choose them for what's needed.

Stuns: demonology
Interrupts: need a pug
Single target sustain: (guildy) or pug if absent
Tank:guildy or first to sign up with reasonable gear
Healer: guildy or first to sign up with reasonable gear
Aoe dps:me demonology, maybe a second depending on dungeon.

I just try to think what my current group is needing and choose the dps class that will make our group stronger in that way. When I run on my rogue I bring the CC so I dont need to pug that anymore but some other aspect I'm missing.
Well lucky us that a 6/8N 0/8 HC "raider" isnt the metric for what stays and what goes.