Emassary azerite ilvl scaling

General Discussion
Does anyone know the ilvl requirements to increase them past 340?

My mage is 342ilvl equipped, with 346 overall, while my DH is 342 equipped and 347 overall, my mage is getting 355 azerite pieces from the emassaries, while my DH is still getting 340's. My mage is an alt, and is only at friendly with champions, while my dh is about to hit exalted (so my dh's neck is also higher than my mages).

I'm wondering why, my mage is getting access to the higher pieces while my DH isn't when they are around equal ilvl.
You need 350+. I can confirm. My character although my ilevel in my profile is showing at 319, when I have my most powerful gear on, I am 351 and I am getting the 355 cache.
Ya I had a 353 item lol and got a 355 item
Thanks for the replies.
Like I mentioned in my OP though, at the time I made this thread, my mage in his highest ilvl gear was 346 and getting access to 355 azerite emassary pieces; while my demon hunter, in his highest ilvl pieces is 347ilvl and still getting 340 pieces from the emassaries.

Why is my mage getting higher than my dh, when their gear value is the same? (with my mages being 1ilvl lower than my dh).
Apparently it takes into account items you had gotten previously but vendored or scrapped as well as any items you currently have (equipped or not). So it's possible your hidden iLvL is 350 on your mage but your equipped is another matter.

The system isn't actually the easiest to figure out. Blizzard needs to do a better job of explaining it because people have reported having 2 toons at identical iLvLs but one gets a higher azerite piece than the other. I can't really offer any help since all of my toons are 340-345 and get the 340 azerite pieces. I have yet to trigger a 355 despite my priest having a 370 and 2 355 pieces from the warfront and world bosses. Think her iLvL is like 344 despite that.
I'm pretty sure it's based on the item level of your azerite pieces. I'm 365 equipped, but I now have three 370 azerite pieces equipped and now I get 370 pieces from emissary caches.
10/13/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Gormosh
I'm pretty sure it's based on the item level of your azerite pieces. I'm 365 equipped, but I now have three 370 azerite pieces equipped and now I get 370 pieces from emissary caches.
that's... Incredibly lame
10/13/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Kullimonk

At least I can get 370 azerite pieces for my off-specs.

Hmm.

I have two characters in 345-348 range, my lock gets 355 but this rogue only 340.

The lock has a 370 helm from the last warfront, while this rogue only has 340s.

That makes a bit of sense.

Yes... it is.

All my azerite pieces are 370 and emissary still gives me 355 pieces. Is that really the criteria for 370 cache?
Pretty sure its based on average item level and nothing to do with azerite pieces.

It also included any higher item level piece you may have vendored.

Its unclear how it averages with trinkets and rings which take up 2 slots. It may count the highest in both slots which would also bump you up.
10/13/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Dyra
Apparently it takes into account items you had gotten previously but vendored or scrapped as well as any items you currently have (equipped or not). So it's possible your hidden iLvL is 350 on your mage but your equipped is another matter.

The system isn't actually the easiest to figure out. Blizzard needs to do a better job of explaining it because people have reported having 2 toons at identical iLvLs but one gets a higher azerite piece than the other. I can't really offer any help since all of my toons are 340-345 and get the 340 azerite pieces. I have yet to trigger a 355 despite my priest having a 370 and 2 355 pieces from the warfront and world bosses. Think her iLvL is like 344 despite that.

I read the hidden ilvl thing, but I only scrap / vendor gear of equal ilvl or worse that isn't needed. I have kept my best ilvl gear (for each slot)) in my bags. :o
Yeah, hopefully we will get more info on this in the future. :p
10/13/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Arandi

Hmm.

I have two characters in 345-348 range, my lock gets 355 but this rogue only 340.

The lock has a 370 helm from the last warfront, while this rogue only has 340s.

That makes a bit of sense.

Yes... it is.

My mage has no 370 azerite pieces, while my demon hunter has 1 (chest; but not using it because the traits on it are terrible / don't suit my style of play); However, my mage had 1 355 piece, and 2 340s, at the time I made this (now 2 355's after I got the emissary done today).

Also, they also made it easier to get the 370 pieces in a recent hot fix.
My lock is 350 equipped still getting 340 ilvl azerite pieces : (
My 359 DK gets 355 cache but my 364 Monk gets 370 cache.
I get 370 pieces.

And I think it's ridiculous that spending 10 minutes to complete 4 dailies now gets you the same level gear as heroic raids, but c'est la vie.
10/13/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Carmageddon
I get 370 pieces.

And I think it's ridiculous that spending 10 minutes to complete 4 dailies now gets you the same level gear as heroic raids, but c'est la vie.

....really? are you serious? Do you know how stupid azerite armor is even with this catch up? Until that new outer ring shows up the good pieces and the absolute dog crap azerite pieces will be a thing and Azerite gear is NOT farmable. This one concession at least makes azerite a little more tolerable.

Without this change, azerite would be the worst thing in wows history. Its still fighting for it now but it lost some gas with emissaries scaling them up.