MM Hunter PTR 8.1 updates.

Hunter
Prev 1 5 6 7
10/21/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Deadshot
So they’re taking away our lethal shots? Idc what they do, this feels like a major nerf without lethal shots.

They did, and this pissed me off. Then I started testing the new rotation. It is a lot more engaging in my opinion. Assuming they get the number tuning right, and I'm not holding my breath they will, this rotation is a big upgrade over steady spam, aimed, repeat.
10/21/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Gunshy
So they’re taking away our lethal shots? Idc what they do, this feels like a major nerf without lethal shots.

They did, and this pissed me off. Then I started testing the new rotation. It is a lot more engaging in my opinion. Assuming they get the number tuning right, and I'm not holding my breath they will, this rotation is a big upgrade over steady spam, aimed, repeat.

What is currently the new rotation and did they fix up our lack of cleave and AOE damage?
10/21/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Gunshy

I would rather them get the rotation right then worry about the numbers. We are sitting close to dead last so it's not like we can get that much worse. Hopefully they don't forget the numbers.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What is currently the new rotation and did they fix up our lack of cleave and AOE damage?

Your priority will be Trueshot > Rapid Fire > Aimed Shot > Arcane Shot > Steady shot... and I recommend Calling the shots for last tier talent. I see... Master Marksman, Careful aim, Lethal shots, and calling the shots being popular in PvE with the current ptr iteration.

With surging shots your aimed shots can cause Rapid fire to come off CD... Rapid fire is your largest damaging ability now. Arcane shot lowers rapid fire CD too and also lowers the trueshot CD... trueshot is a true damaging ability now. Because Rapid fire is now your largest damaging ability and CD can be shortened with multishot/arcane shot - this means our AOE will be more consistent. I anticipate it being pretty good with surging shot/focused fire capping.

It's pretty nice.. I like the new rotation! Allows for some choice/interaction with procs. You'll find yourself asking...

In this hypothetical situation rapid fire has 5 seconds until off CD and you have enough focus to cast either 2 arcane shot or just below enough for 1 aimed shot.

Can I squeeze in another arcane shot and potentially reset rapid fire?... or should I cast a steady shot and allow me to cast an aimed shot? The way you spend your focus becomes a choice with this build. Because Rapid fire is biggest damaging ability... I may take the chance on using arcane shot because Aimed shot can reset all 20 seconds after I cast rapid fire despite aimed shot being a higher priority than arcane shot.

I believe the new stat priority will be Haste > Crit > mastery > vers; Haste is still king.
Final 8.1 numbers are not out yet.

Yes, there are traits that boost rapid fire damage but I doubt rapid fire will be more important that aimed shot. If I am not mistaken, Blizz even said aimed shot should be the most damaging ability.

But I am not a theorycrafter. Like what Blizz said years ago....wow community is really good at figuring out unintended rotation.
Hopefully they don't !@#$ it up to bad
I'm sorry but you guys are a bit naive if you think these changes aren't final.

The only way they change something is if it's to strong.

MM will stay dead come 8.1.

Shadow got flat damage increases with their changes so did elemental shaman. We didn't and we won't.
10/22/2018 04:07 AMPosted by Airese
Final 8.1 numbers are not out yet

Alpha: wait for the next internal patch that will fix this.
Beta: this is just beta, devs are obviously playing on private servers many patches ahead of us.
Launch: wait for the hot fix patches
First LFR hall open: wait for the final boss LFR, deve need the data!
Mythic big bac defeated: wait for the next content patch, guaranteed to fix it.
Final Raid Opens: wait for the next expansion, all new classes in alpha!
Blizzard dont care about what u like or not. They erased ranged survival and we r begging to get it back since legion. Get over it guys. It is what blizzard want. Many survival rangeds just gave up.
Great guides of some of u. I will check on 8.1 to see if it is possible go with mm.
The big problem I'm seeing as I test this is I can't find another build that is going to work that doesn't require two Surging Shots traits. Not one. Anyone else found anything?
10/25/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Gunshy
The big problem I'm seeing as I test this is I can't find another build that is going to work that doesn't require two Surging Shots traits. Not one. Anyone else found anything?

Nope. What's worse is the new azerite dependant build is worse than the one on live.

They can at least revert lethal shots so we have 2 builds completey reliant on 2 different azerite traits.

God MM sucks.
Man this sucks, i want to play ranged hunter and i don't like BM as it is right now. Really missing the old survival hunter...

I think i'm gonna cancel my subscription, meh.
10/17/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Jinn
Several interesting MM changes. What do you all think?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287975&webhook/patch-8-1-ptr-build-28151-achievement-class-and-spell-changes

I love marksmanship and im really happy for the new buffs on patch 8.1, but i think the buffs miss the main problem with marksmanship hunter, and that is AIMED SHOT, the fact that we have to stand still for at least 2 seconds makes all the kiting a waste, not to mention how weird it is that a class spec that should be all about running and getting in range gets this restriction.

i love hunter but i think AIMED SHOT should be usable whille moving for this reasons.

1. aimed shot already has 2 heavy restrictions, not mentioning the not being able to move, the first is that it has 2 charges on a long recharge coldown, and also has a long cast time, making it Usable while moving would make no difference in terms of pure damage, and the only diference it would make on the damage is the mobility we would get for chasing, escaping or positioning, that would make a ranger play style really fun and with a lot less restrictions.

2. the high mobility of the other classes in the game, this explains itself most of the classes have insane mobility and having to cast AIMED SHOT is basically a death sentence.

3. if you are worried for DOUBLE TAP combos then make a restriction on the talent that doesn`t let cast aimed shot on movement whille the buff is active.

4. it would make marksmanship hunter viable on arena, i love marksmanship and i really dont like beast mastery or survival but i play them because i have to and im sure a lot of people feel the same way, by making this small change all hunter specs would be viable for arena and trust me people would LOVE YOU.

so this are my reasons what you guys think ?
10/26/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Thelaen
so this are my reasons what you guys think ?

Stop copy and pasting the same thing when you have two threads on the topic.
10/26/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Mofuggaz
10/25/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Gunshy

Nope. What's worse is the new azerite dependant build is worse than the one on live.

They can at least revert lethal shots so we have 2 builds completey reliant on 2 different azerite traits.

God MM sucks.

In my testing it is ever so slightly better. It is more interesting than spamming steady at least. That said if you don't get two Surging Shots traits early enjoy your !@#$ tier dps. I'm not exaggerating. It's going to be bad.