Was it that hard to add new candy buckets in BfA zones?

General Discussion
I mean good grief, you already have people out here saying BfA was rushed to hell and back, but not updating the new zones for the holiday event? Really? First you have to send one zone back in time to be able to access it if you're beyond a certain point rather than, I dunno, relocating the damn thing to the Sepulcher, but not even being able to throw candy buckets into BfA inns?

Damn guys, I know there's a lot more important things to do, considering some classes/specs are still busted 2 months out, but come on. I already have no desire to go back to BfA zones now that I have Pathfinder, Mag'har, and Dark Irons unlocked. But I would've if I had a reason to. But we can't even have that, it seems. No fun, goofy Halloween stuff in the new expansion, everybody. Go back to endlessly grinding your WQs until you too unlock those three things, at which point you'll never have a reason to do a WQ again.

Maybe next year, after they've had a full 12+ months to get this damned expansion out of beta finally, they'll update their holidays to reflect the changes. Probably not, because that would require some amount of effort, but a girl can dream. Back to the slow, tedious, 'you can only level via zone questing now, have fun' leveling process with me. By the time I get my Mag'har, Dark Iron, Highmountain, and Velf to heritage armor level, it'll probably be next bloody October anyway...
No BfA specific Halloween events in Drustvar or Nazmir was the biggest miss in my mind.
wait... did you say girl?
When they didn't update Brewfest or Darkmoon Fair, I fully expected this again.

Holiday events are a thing of the past for Blizzard, they just don't care enough about them to do anything real with them anymore.

I took a swing around Dalaran, the halloween decorations thrown in Dalaran, looks like it took about 5 minutes. But yet they can't spare any time to do anything in the new zones, it's quite sad to be honest.

At this point, I'm expecting something major at Blizzcon, because it looks like WoW is being worked on by about 20 guys.
It honestly just shows how much passion is being put into the game now. Holiday events have been a part of MMOs since forever. The fact that there is absolutely nothing updated in the new zones is baffling. If you just stuck around BFA and never left you wouldn't even know there was a holiday event happening.

On a side note that has irked me for years. Why is the alliance wickerman basically in an open area but you go to undercity and you practically have to land on top of their NPC guards to get to theirs? Not to mention the 5 griefers floating above waiting to tag you the moment you get flagged.
The bigger problem is they haven't really updated any of the world events so it shouldn't be a surprise that this one rolled out with the only new thing being one toy. I'm actually surprised even that was added.
Okay. There's a logical and lore-sensible reason why this holiday hasn't been embraced-- at least in Kul-Tiras, specifically in Drustvar.

Because in Drustvar they have been dealing with this crap for way too long already, don't see anything fun about it-- seriously, the neighbor got eaten by a witch last week-- and you want them to decorate the houses and pass out candy?

Make a suggestion like that, pal, and you're the next to be hung and burned.
10/19/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Magaslice
Okay. There's a logical and lore-sensible reason why this holiday hasn't been embraced-- at least in Kul-Tiras, specifically in Drustvar.

Because in Drustvar they have been dealing with this crap for way too long already, don't see anything fun about it-- seriously, the neighbor got eaten by a witch last week-- and you want them to decorate the houses and pass out candy?

Make a suggestion like that, pal, and you're the next to be hung and burned.

Yeah sure, but I think there was definitely room to do SOMEthing. I mean you have a Necropolis in one zone and literally witches running around in another.

Off the top of my head it would have been neat to see The Coven doing Invasion-style events across the map and those events would reward Hallow's End BfA specific toys, xmogs, etc.
10/19/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Caladanbrood
When they didn't update Brewfest or Darkmoon Fair, I fully expected this again.

Holiday events are a thing of the past for Blizzard, they just don't care enough about them to do anything real with them anymore.

I took a swing around Dalaran, the halloween decorations thrown in Dalaran, looks like it took about 5 minutes. But yet they can't spare any time to do anything in the new zones, it's quite sad to be honest.

At this point, I'm expecting something major at Blizzcon, because it looks like WoW is being worked on by about 20 guys.

Probably announcing after Classic, if successful they’ll look into BC servers. This would effectively put retail in sun setting mode.
What part of resources are being funneled away from WoW to other Blizz properties do you not understand? This is extremely obvious in all the various issues surrounding BfA. How it's unfinished, classes broken, etc. There simply isn't the money or manpower being poured into WoW that there once was.

Get ready for 4-year expansion cycles with minor patches in between. It's already set up with legacy loot rules, scaling, and now the Legion LFR queue.

The sad thing is they're creating their own problem: spend less on WoW to update for holidays and zones, drive more people away, lose more money so they spend less.. and the cycle continues. This is called bad management.
....This is called bad management.

This sums everything up.
Are more candy buckets really that big of a deal?
10/19/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Majhin
Are more candy buckets really that big of a deal?

not my cup of tea, but some people really enjoy the holiday events.
The issue with the Holiday events is account wide achievements. Most people did them all once years ago and don’t really care to do them again. Sure, certain Holidays have rare mounts (like this one) so people will be more active. To me at least, the Holiday events haven’t felt like an unique or interesting part of the game in many years. Then again I play the game to raid, do M+ and arena so it doesn’t really bother me.
10/19/2018 07:14 AMPosted by Wrench
No BfA specific Halloween events in Drustvar or Nazmir was the biggest miss in my mind.

Ha.. I hadn't thought about that until now, but yeah they could have done ALL KINDS of stuff for Drustvar and Halloween.
Honestly, in my opinion this is a result of how they're structured and what they focus on when developing. They spend far too much time tearing down and rebuilding classes and systems every expansion and not enough on updating and building content.
Oh dear, player number 1234 didnt get 12 extra candies per day. Worlds ending folks.
on the other hand, it's now funzies to curbstomp that one mob outside of Bradensbrook for a few more tricky ttreats
Ok. Say they added more buckets.

Would they then need to update the achievements?

Would they then update the costs of the stuff you can buy and force everyone to visit all the candy buckets for the pets and stuff?

It's not just an "add mor bukkits" thing.