Guardian Druids - PvP God Tier?

Druid
Once Zandalari become available, my plan is to roll one and make him Guardian spec for a couple of reasons.

1. An old guildie of mine SWORE by guardian druids in battlegrounds back in Legion, saying that he JUST. DIDN'T. DIE. I really dig the idea of being this unkillable engine of destruction.

2. Because of Zandalari druid forms, rolling a Zandalari Guardian Druid is the closest I can get in-game to becoming Godzilla.

So my question is - Are Guardian Druids really as powerful as my buddy claimed? Because if I could play as a literal kaiju in BGs, that'd be great.
Your information is out of date (at best). Any tank spec is fine in battlegrounds for carrying flags and denying captures until reinforcements arrive, but Guardian is currently the worst of them on every front. Weakest mitigation, no notable magic mitigation, near-poorest mobility, bottom of the barrel damage, and has to leave bearform to do any utility at all. They're basically just a big brick of HP.
I don't know about being unkillable, but gaurdian is very op in BG's and Arena, you give all your teammates a 15% health buff, a permanent 20% wall, and reflect 500 damage from every melee attack any one takes. That makes your entire team alot harder to kill and gives you quite alot of rot damage for a mere tank.
I really dont want it to get nerfed but yes, guardian is really powerful in BGs right now.
Anyone have a guide (talents, honor talents and playstyle) for guardian in arenas? Viable comps?
10/21/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Wolfendef
Anyone have a guide (talents, honor talents and playstyle) for guardian in arenas? Viable comps?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769158156#post-1
Guardian is amazing in BGs. Arena too with a good set up. although i haven't tried arena myself yet.

BGs you help the team more than they will give you credit for. As mentioned before they pretty much permanently take 20% less damage, You reflect that damage back to attackers too, rotting them down passively. You give also 15% hps buff, Speed boost, Off healing, 30sec CD additional 20% damage reduction. Basically every 30 sec you are giving 40% damage reduction to your team.

Plus you are a pain in the !@# to kill.
With brambles, and that honour talent that directs damage to you. When your allies take damage, they will also reflect brambles.
10/21/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Silia
With brambles, and that honour talent that directs damage to you. When your allies take damage, they will also reflect brambles.

Has that been tested to be true?
I tried guardian tonight, it is extremely survivable.
I’ve been playing with guardian Druid and balance affinity. Useing sunblaze traits, meticulous scheming and master shapeshifter i can do quite a bit of damage from range and if team needs I can go into bear demo roar the group and alpha challenge a healer.

Works out pretty well. Don’t expect to be crazy tanky though, you can take a beating but you’ll melt pretty fast.
I've never seen a Guardian in a RBG group, either in mine or in others.

It's not impossible that it works, but I very much doubt it.
10/22/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Kirlonthasha
I've never seen a Guardian in a RBG group, either in mine or in others.

It's not impossible that it works, but I very much doubt it.

It works just not as good as having 4 heals and DH fc