Bring one system over from

General Discussion
Wild star,GW2, ESO or, SWTOR over to wow that you liked. eg Leveling, professions, raids.
Crafting from teso for sure... WoWs crafting system is one of the worst I’ve seen in any mmo. Although it wasn’t so bad in vanilla and bc.
mat bank gw2
Wildstar's hoverboard physics. They were just the right amount of slide-y and float-y.
Realm vs Realm vs Realm PvP
Wildstar housing
Housing - Wildstar.
SWTOR class story lines/followers.

Having some Silverhand knights to quest with in a fight to retake the plague lands would be cool.
FFXIV - the ability to be all classes on one character and simply change at will depending on what you want to do, and by extension the entire crafting system, since each profession is actually its own class in that game complete with their own class quests and skills.

Wouldn't mind if they brought over the way you unlock flying either lol.......

Consistent thought out storytelling would be good, too.

Stable game systems that aren't constantly pruned or turned on their heads every expansion...

No focus on e-sports....

Lol the top one is the priority tho, so I'll go with that one. And for anyone saying to go play it if I like it so much, dont worry, I keep my sub there active to keep my player house, and I'm almost at my usual Quit-WoW-Until-The-Next-Expansion phase.
10/24/2018 05:08 AMPosted by Cynomys
Crafting from teso for sure... WoWs crafting system is one of the worst I’ve seen in any mmo. Although it wasn’t so bad in vanilla and bc.

It was good in Wrath too. Blame LDR for gutting it as the gear from there takes crafted gear's place.
I haven't played any of those other games, but I'd like to see the Transmog system from Rift in WoW. Being able to transmog your armor into any item, regardless of armor class or character class. Want your Death Knight to appear to use a two-hander even when he's Frost? Go for it. Want your Priest to use a two-handed sword instead of a staff? You got it! Want your Rogue to be in full plate and use a staff? They got that too!
ESO account wide levelling and world relevance.
Transmog slot, not armor, from SWTOR. I think Rift does it too.

10/24/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Tom
I haven't played any of those other games, but I'd like to see the Transmog system from Rift in WoW. Being able to transmog your armor into any item, regardless of armor class or character class. Want your Death Knight to appear to use a two-hander even when he's Frost? Go for it. Want your Priest to use a two-handed sword instead of a staff? You got it! Want your Rogue to be in full plate and use a staff? They got that too!

I am not talking about this. Seeing a Rogue run around in full plate “backstabbing” people with a staff is stupid and ruins your immersion.
10/24/2018 05:08 AMPosted by Cynomys

teso's crafting is a time gated mess

FF's crafting is better than that
10/24/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Tovi

LOTRO started that, in 2007 or 2008. It even has transmog spots for equipment and armor for your mounts.
Tough choice, I really liked the companion system from SWToR. Having a half dozen followers one who will come with me out in the world (and can tank, DPS or heal with the flip of a switch) and having the rest do crafting or resource gathering was a great feature!

Another option for me would be he flight system from Aion online. It was the first MMO game I had played that had flight, flight combat mechancis and in areas that you couldn't fly you could glide. They didn't use mounts like WoW does, instead your character actually had wings. Unlike WoW there flight was a limited time resource and you would have to land before you consumed all your flight time or you would fall to your death.
FFXIV - the ability to be all classes on one character and simply change at will depending on what you want to do, and by extension the entire crafting system, since each profession is actually its own class in that game complete with their own class quests and skills.

Wouldn't mind if they brought over the way you unlock flying either lol.......

Consistent thought out storytelling would be good, too.

Stable game systems that aren't constantly pruned or turned on their heads every expansion...

No focus on e-sports....

Lol the top one is the priority tho, so I'll go with that one. And for anyone saying to go play it if I like it so much, dont worry, I keep my sub there active to keep my player house, and I'm almost at my usual Quit-WoW-Until-The-Next-Expansion phase.

I love FF14, but I hate this system. If you level one class to Max and now want to do a second. Oh man the grind. It's tolerable at the beginning of an Expansion when everyone and their mother is FATE grinding, same when a new class is released, but other than that. The grind is real.

People complain about grinding and having to carry mult gear sets here, it's so much worse in FF14.

I will, however, agree on the flying bit. I enjoyed that. Also the story is much more coherent and better written, so bring that over as well.
10/24/2018 05:21 AMPosted by Lathander
10/24/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Tovi

LOTRO started that, in 2007 or 2008. It even has transmog spots for equipment and armor for your mounts.

Oh. I never played. I did SWTOR and my husband played Rift. But yeah it’s such a good idea and it would save people thousands of gold.
Wildstar's CC mechanics.

Do nothing and wait out the full duration or actively resist to minimize the effect.

They did a good job of implementing CC without making the CCed player feel like they just lose control of their character.
This one's a no-brainer for me -- WildStar's player housing. It's the best I've ever seen.