Sylvanas is more clever than you

Story Forum
1 2 3 6 Next
People claim her idea to burn down Teldrassil was "stupid, it aggroed the alliance hard onto the Horde". But dont you see, thats the point. Sylvanas wanted to put the horde in a position where the only two possible outcomes are the hordes motto, Victory or Death, Lok'tar Ogar. The Horde has no choice now but to see this war to the end.

Her Strategy is also a pretty good one, she pissed the Alliance off so they throw everything they have at us, then she turtles up, making it so the Alliances numbers are ground down through attrition against well defended positions. The Alliance's attack on undercity was an example, Sylvanas created a situation where the Alliance's casualties were maximized, while she lost nothing but some ruined buildings. Most of the Forsaken population and infrastructure were evacuated to Orgrimmar by the time the Alliance attack began.

In essence, Sylvanas and her brilliant strategic thinking is putting the Alliances superior numbers and economies through a meat grinder. Look at all the major battles other than Teldrassil. Undercity was the Alliance attacking a heavily fortified point suffering heavy casualties in the process. Dazar'alor was again the Alliance attacking a heavily fortified point and suffering heavy casualties in the process.
I realize that you're trolling, but just to be clear, Sylvanas is a fictional character. Her "brilliant plan" is just a plot device, and because the writers are terrible, that plot is only capable of moving as long as Cdev keeps lobotomizing any character that would logically get in its way.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of bites though. Cheers.
You guys ever feel confused reading these? It's like propaganda for a fictional character.
10/26/2018 01:13 AMPosted by Galenar
You guys ever feel confused reading these? It's like propaganda for a fictional character.
Point out anything incorrect. Just because you dont like the fact she's a strategic genius, doesnt make it not so. Both Blizzard, and characters in lore, have called her a strategic genius.
If sylvanas is so smart why did she die so many times.
You're just mad because Blizzard had to lie to make you think the Horde and Alliance were morally equal.
10/26/2018 01:20 AMPosted by Grandblade
You're just mad because Blizzard had to lie to make you think the Horde and Alliance were morally equal.
I'M STILL SO MAD
10/26/2018 01:19 AMPosted by Katiera
If sylvanas is so smart why did she die so many times.
I didn't realize intelligence grants the ability to cheat death.
10/26/2018 01:20 AMPosted by Kharinak
10/26/2018 01:20 AMPosted by Grandblade
I'M STILL SO MAD
If it makes you feel better, I'll go /laugh at some fox people as Purge Squad burns them alive.
10/26/2018 01:18 AMPosted by Rivendel
Both Blizzard, and characters in lore, have called her a strategic genius.

I agree with Kazala on this but I'll bite for a sec. Saying something doesn't make it true even if you claim it repeatedly.
10/26/2018 01:22 AMPosted by Galenar
Both Blizzard, and characters in lore, have called her a strategic genius.

I agree with Kazala on this but I'll bite for a sec. Saying something doesn't make it true even if you claim it repeatedly.
Considering Blizzard owns this game, what they say is fact in game. Whether you like it or not.
10/26/2018 01:21 AMPosted by Grandblade
10/26/2018 01:20 AMPosted by Kharinak
...I'M STILL SO MAD
If it makes you feel better, I'll go /laugh at some fox people as Purge Squad burns them alive.
Like I said, Blizzard owns the game, they say both sides are morally equivalent, it becomes fact in game. Dont like it? Buy out blizzard then you can make the rules.
10/26/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Rivendel
Considering Blizzard owns this game, what they say is fact in game. Whether you like it or not.

Pretty sure they said a whole bunch of stuff about Garrosh once. Show don't tell exists for a reason.
10/26/2018 01:25 AMPosted by Rivendel
10/26/2018 01:21 AMPosted by Grandblade
... If it makes you feel better, I'll go /laugh at some fox people as Purge Squad burns them alive.
Like I said, Blizzard owns the game, they say both sides are morally equivalent, it becomes fact in game. Dont like it? Buy out blizzard then you can make the rules.
"Orcs and Humans was more nuanced than you think, you may have thought the orcs were bad."

Also, I'm more clever than you.
Both Blizzard, and characters in lore
They're the same thing. Blizzard is writing the characters. They're not real.

Considering Blizzard owns this game, what they say is fact in game.
Better writers would be able to show "strategic genius" instead of just claiming it.
Posting in a Riv thread.

It's been a while.
10/26/2018 01:34 AMPosted by Kazala
Both Blizzard, and characters in lore
They're the same thing. Blizzard is writing the characters. They're not real.

Considering Blizzard owns this game, what they say is fact in game.
Better writers would be able to show "strategic genius" instead of just claiming it.
I know the prospect of a fictional character having outsmarted you is angering. But I can assure you, Sylvanas knows what she is doing, everything thats happened, she wanted.
She only appears clever because Blizzard made the Alliance all be absolute morons.
She's a strategic genius purely because the story claims she is, not because she ever demonstrates that she is. It's called a hamfisted plot device.
10/26/2018 01:43 AMPosted by Villains
She's a strategic genius purely because the story claims she is, not because she ever demonstrates that she is. It's called a hamfisted plot device.
She showed it in WC3, slowing down Arthas' infinitely numerically superior forces. Not to mention BFA has been nothing but heavy alliance casualties.