10/26/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Grandblade
... This makes me feel warm inside.
*fanning self intensifies*
How it should have ended.
10/26/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Dreadmoore
10/26/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Calixto
...*fanning self intensifies*
How it should have ended.
Y'know jokes aside, Sylvanas would be a much more sympathetic character had she died fighting Arthas.

That would've given us a whole mess of other problems though.
10/26/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Grandblade
Y'know jokes aside, Sylvanas would be a much more sympathetic character had she died fighting Arthas.

That would've given us a whole mess of other problems though.
Yeah, I admit I would have liked her more as well but Blizzard seemed intent of giving her maximum edgelord status.
Between this and the Lorash thread, I've come to the conclusion that all of this is Malfurion's mercy coming back to bite him.

If he had followed the letter of Kaldorei law, and executed the Highborne, there would be no Lorash, no Sylvanas, and no Riv.

All I can say to Mal is, don't make the same mistake twice.
These threads annoy me. Not for the subject matter but the ego stroking.

Sylvanas is the best strategist? That's funny seeing her record of raising people who betray her, troll bane and godfrey, putris. For all that bluster of being in control she never looks or sounds it.

Her burning of teldrissal to "force the alliances anger into mistakes" is about a sound of logic as if we burn orphans the city won't be able to handle us because they'll be mourning the loss of life. Played D&D enough to see murder hobos a mile away and they dont usually survive very long.

There is a lot to go over in sylvanas camp of stupidity. What great strategist ignores the speaker of their world to mine more of the worlds blood? I mean that's just plain insane. You're told the planets literally dying and your plan of action is to continue extracting its blood for weapons? Yea good long term strategy there.

This can go on for while as I'm not going to refute point by point, nor do I have the time to do so.
This might be a bit of a spicy take, but the problem is no one can be smart when the writing itself isn't.
Who would win in an ignorant off, Damor or Rivendel?
10/26/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Grandblade

I don't think I've seen Damor come up with something worse than ''Genocide isn't evil'' yet so Rivendel is the answer.
10/26/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Ayaani
10/26/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Grandblade

I don't think I've seen Damor come up with something worse than ''Genocide isn't evil'' yet so Rivendel is the answer.

Wait they actually said that? Wowzers.
10/26/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Eldrethana
10/26/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Ayaani

Wait they actually said that? Wowzers.
Don't worry, he's clearly got a higher IQ than us according to that word search he did in second grade.
10/26/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Rivendel
Her Strategy is also a pretty good one, she pissed the Alliance off so they throw everything they have at us, then she turtles up
except that wasn't her strategy, her strategy was to divide and conquer. which backfired on her big time, because in 8.1 both factions say that the alliance is about to win the war which makes sylvanas come up with a new plan, which is having derek kill his family. and we already know that isn't going to work out, katherine might die, but jaina is most likely going to survive
10/26/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Withpuppys
10/26/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Rivendel
Her Strategy is also a pretty good one, she pissed the Alliance off so they throw everything they have at us, then she turtles up
except that wasn't her strategy, her strategy was to divide and conquer. which backfired on her big time, because in 8.1 both factions say that the alliance is about to win the war which makes sylvanas come up with a new plan, which is having derek kill his family. and we already know that isn't going to work out, katherine might die, but jaina is most likely going to survive

My wild prediction is this : Derek will kill Katherine and then be overcome with guilt, he will then proceed to try and kill Sylvanas but only manage to kill Nathanos permanently before dying.
10/26/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Ayaani
10/26/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Withpuppys
...except that wasn't her strategy, her strategy was to divide and conquer. which backfired on her big time, because in 8.1 both factions say that the alliance is about to win the war which makes sylvanas come up with a new plan, which is having derek kill his family. and we already know that isn't going to work out, katherine might die, but jaina is most likely going to survive

My wild prediction is this : Derek will kill Katherine and then be overcome with guilt, he will then proceed to try and kill Sylvanas but only manage to kill Nathanos permanently before dying.
my prediction is that he will kill katherine, but is captured by the alliance player before he can try to kill jaina, we then hand him off to calia who gives him help to break the conditioning
RIVENDEL!! I CHALLENGE YOU TO MAK’GORA!
10/26/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Kordana
RIVENDEL!! I CHALLENGE YOU TO MAK’GORA!
He has no honor. But he will challenge you to Words With Friends because of his high IQ.
10/26/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Withpuppys
10/26/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Ayaani

my prediction is that he will kill katherine, but is captured by the alliance player before he can try to kill jaina, we then hand him off to calia who gives him help to break the conditioning

I could see this. Something Calia related is definitely coming, Jaina asks Anduin about her after the raid.
She is. I think she intentionally reached out to Zandalari not so much to ally with them but to make them the targets of Alliance retaliation, thereby 1. wasting Alliance resources on an attack that precludes efforts to reclaim lost territory in Kalimdor, and 2. ensuring that the broken Zandalari empire is integrated into the Horde from a position of weakness.
10/26/2018 01:13 AMPosted by Kazala
I realize that you're trolling, but just to be clear, Sylvanas is a fictional character. Her "brilliant plan" is just a plot device, and because the writers are terrible, that plot is only capable of moving as long as Cdev keeps lobotomizing any character that would logically get in its way.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of bites though. Cheers.

So this!
10/26/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Reignac
10/26/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Withpuppys
...my prediction is that he will kill katherine, but is captured by the alliance player before he can try to kill jaina, we then hand him off to calia who gives him help to break the conditioning

I could see this. Something Calia related is definitely coming, Jaina asks Anduin about her after the raid.
thats why i said it. i doubt she was mentioned never to be used.