I feel like *I* am the reason...

General Discussion
10/26/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Onorlus
For all the people quitting over the state of the game.

I am an ultra-casual player. I log in and run around the world for a few hours. I enjoy the scenery and the questing, but I don't really pay attention to story lines...even the small zone-specific ones.

I've done raids, but not on a regular basis. Same with dungeons. I do group finder.

I've done very little organized PvP. I enjoy WPvP. If I cared enough to have a "favorite thing" in WoW, it would be responding to "Under attack" alerts in the World Defense channel. I would go all over the World to try to intervene. Sharding took that away.

WoW is just a time-killer for me. Nothing more. And from reading all of the posts about how the game is being developed, I believe that Blizz is designing things with players like me in mind.

I may have contributed to all your WoW problems. Sorry about that.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying exploration, questing, and world pvp.

There is nothing inherintly wrong making a game that focuses on appealing to this market, although if they are hoping to compete for market share with Odyssey and Red Dead 2, they are completely kidding themselves.

But most of WoW's fanbase has played for 10+ years because of balanced gameplay, unqique classes, interesting profession and itemization, and challenging raid content. Vanilla and BC got A+'s in this class, while BfA gets a D- in this department.
Not sure if reverse troll...

Regardless, +10 you play you points
Oh look, it's another narcissistic casual player.
10/26/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Enchi
You pay the same subscription fee as everyone else, that means you can enjoy the game how you would like. Everyone wants to blame someone/thing but its not just one thing. You play how you want and don't let people make you feel guilty for not playing the way they think you should.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean people should be able to do all the content just because they pay the same.

Put in the effort, or don't do it..there should be attunements. There should be no LFR. There should be something to work for. No, I don't want gear vendors for justice points...I don't want gear in chests after M+'s..

The gear should drop in the instance..

*shrug* whatever...you may disagree and that's fine...but ...I want Vanilla type rewards back.

Made more sense and gave something to work towards.

I am an ultra-casual player. I log in and run around the world for a few hours. I enjoy the scenery and the questing, but I don't really pay attention to story lines...even the small zone-specific ones.

I've done raids, but not on a regular basis. Same with dungeons. I do group finder.

I've done very little organized PvP. I enjoy WPvP. If I cared enough to have a "favorite thing" in WoW, it would be responding to "Under attack" alerts in the World Defense channel. I would go all over the World to try to intervene. Sharding took that away.

WoW is just a time-killer for me. Nothing more. And from reading all of the posts about how the game is being developed, I believe that Blizz is designing things with players like me in mind.

While I am also an ultra casual player, and I disagree with you.

Even if I play just like you, questing without caring too much about story, running a few dungeons and sometimes LFR, ignoring PVP as much as I can.

Yet, I wish Blizz get rid of the pathfinder nonsense. I find myself nowadays running old stuff and collecting recipes on alts, because being "grounded" by the dev daddys is a bummer.

Besides, there's nothing to do, really. WQ's are not compelling, and their reward is still ridiculous, even if it is 2k gold. There's no interesting profession feature, couldn't care less about leveling profs anymore, they were not designed with the casual people in mind. Expeditions re as boring as scenarios in pandaria, dungeons somehow lost its charm to me after so many years.

Yet, I won't act like a spoiled kid saying "daddy im going to unsub" because, as everyone, wow is part of my leisure time, and still is a good game. When it becomes unbearable (like in Cata or Draenor) the best thing is to unsub for a year, which is what I did, and i dont regret coming back.

other than being self-centered and having that attitude that the world (or game) revolves around you, people leaving have near zero to do with casuals
i have to agree with the poster, yet as someone pointed out earlier I also use to be a hardcore raider, and it got to the point playing became a second job. to be honest, I love running alone alot, with no Pressure from my guild. I want to be part of the story, but also be able to play casually.

I'm also curious how many people are like me that has played since release, have grown up started families etc, and dont have the time to devote hours a day/evening to run dungeons/raids etc, but still love the game? I'm 48, and was 34 when i started playing, believe me, a lot changed in my life during that time, yet i still love to play wow.
Thats true. I was loving Legion, but then logged into BFA and said "man if only Onorlus was not playing, I would be enjoying this so much more!"
Looks like about 20% of people understood that the use of "*I*" was meant to infer "as an ultra-casual player" and not as a specific individual.

Note to self: Write future posts at a 6th grade reading level to allow for better comprehension.
The game has always been about several aspects. *You* really can choose to play how *you* want to. If these are the things that make *you* happy, then grats! *You're* doing it right. :)
10/27/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Bunnybleu
i have to agree with the poster, yet as someone pointed out earlier I also use to be a hardcore raider, and it got to the point playing became a second job. to be honest, I love running alone alot, with no Pressure from my guild. I want to be part of the story, but also be able to play casually.

I'm also curious how many people are like me that has played since release, have grown up started families etc, and dont have the time to devote hours a day/evening to run dungeons/raids etc, but still love the game? I'm 48, and was 34 when i started playing, believe me, a lot changed in my life during that time, yet i still love to play wow.

/wave
>I don't really pay attention to story lines...

I have absolutely no interest in "lore," so called. The more these annoying NPCs run on about blah blah blah, the more I wish they'd shut-up.
10/27/2018 11:32 PMPosted by Onorlus
Looks like about 20% of people understood that the use of "*I*" was meant to infer "as an ultra-casual player" and not as a specific individual.

Note to self: Write future posts at a 6th grade reading level to allow for better comprehension.

You look like a bug.

AH HA! Now we know who you are!
10/26/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Clash
Sometimes I log in just to say in trade chat, "Any paladins in here?"

And a bunch of people answer. "Yeah", "Me", "What did you need?" etc. and then I log off.
I'm...I'm going to start doing that. Thanks for the tip.
You edited your thread title. The * wasn't there before.
apology accepted OP, mucho respect