My critique/feedback on WoW as things currently stand.

General Discussion
Okay, so it seems they updated the word count for a thread since I was last posting here, so there it all is. I realize a certain part of this is outdated, as they have given us a choice in regards to siding with Varok or Sylvanas. However, the over-all point still stands as the majority of the game remains, there is little or no choice in our actions. I do sincerely hope, however, that we are continued to be given options in regards to affairs such as these dilemmas. It goes a long, long way.

--------------------------------

Okay, so, first things first... This isn't so much a thread aimed towards other players, so much as it is a thread aimed towards the goal of Blizzard Entertainment reading it. If other World of Warcraft forum-goers here agree or disagree, then so be it. I will also not be adding a full-thread TL;DR, so don't waste your time. I'm going to label here in this thread everything I both like, and dislike, about World of Warcraft in it's current state largely in comparison to things I enjoyed in previous installments of the video game, or just feel the the game it self lacks entirely. Not everybody is going to share my viewpoint and I don't care. These are my own personal assessments, opinions, etc of the video game and they're always subject to change. However, as I write this, this is how things stand for me.

To start off, i'd like to discuss the game world it self. Graphically speaking, I can see how much time and energy is spent on the design of the game it self these days and I think I can say assuredly that a lot more effort is put in to making a beautiful landscape now moreso than back in my hayday of Burning Crusade persay. That's not to say that Burning Crusade didn't blow me away with their visuals, because honestly, parts of it still did. I realize it was Vanilla WoW and not Burning Crusade, but Teldrassil way back when I began playing World of Warcraft at all, honestly captivated me as a newbie to the MMORPG genre. But these days, what with Wrath of the Lich King following Burning Crusade, then Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor, Legion and finally Battle for Azeroth, I can tell that the game developers have 1,000,000% upped their "game" when it comes to designing the game world, the spectacular visuals, etc. Let it also be said that the game world is very nearly AAA quality in locations such as Drustvar today, and you're using a very outdated game engine to pull that zone off. So you deserve massive props for that.

The Development Team has obviously taken great strides over the years and most likely 'mastered' the game engine that World of Warcraft is built upon. Whether it's the same engine used in Vanilla or not is beyond me, but I am under the assumption that it is for sake of all the things over the years i've heard said from the grapevine on down. Correct me on that if I am wrong, but if I am not, that makes it all the more impressive. Whether from the ground, or air, the game world is spectacular.

That is not to say, however, that each and every zone in the game world is perfect. Certain places lack certain flare. This could be by design, however, but using Battle for Azeroth as an example, the zone of Vol'dun just feels entirely... Tasteless. To me. Yes, yes, this was meant to be a punishment zone a-la lore; The place it self is where a traitor to the Zandalari crown sends exiles to basically their enslavement, or death. However, that doesn't mean it should've become basically just another Uldum, but with far more... Sand. Uldum, by comparison to Vol'dun, had an enormous amount more world-ly flavor to it, in that it had certain real-world elements that made the zone unique in the game world, and stand out from all others. This was/is largely due to the Egyptian elements in Uldum I am sure, but Vol'dun by comparison just feels like a ton of sand to me... And a few locations of Temples. Nothing more/less. The Sahara Desert, I am sure, although I have never been there personally, I would imagine is not a very pleasant experience--and neither was Vol'dun (personally speaking.)

Moving along from the game world, i'd like to discuss the lore.

Now, the lore is what honestly binds me to World of Warcraft. I may not be a total lore-junkie like some/most of the playerbase is, or tries to be (I certainly try to be sometimes)--but I do know a lot of the lore. What I don't know, or what I think I know but actually don't, is usually set straight for me, or otherwise put in to perspective, by several friends of mine (one of which is the biggest WoW nerd i've ever seen, and he's amazing for it.) The lore of World of Warcraft, or just Warcraft even... Is immense. There's a lot of it, and it's ever-so-constantly expanding.
The problem I have with the lore mainly stems from the fact that there is a lot of inconsistencies. There's a lot of retcons. Most of the lore has been touched in some way that it's unrecognizable to it's original lore. This can be both good, and bad. Certain things, after all, need time to flesh out properly. Some lore is allowed to sit and fester; Alternatively, some lore is allowed to be fleshed out quickly; And some of the lore later on just makes more sense to flip and go in another direction.

It's mostly with the latter of the above where I have the most conflict with the lore-telling of Warcraft. My biggest lore-gripe is simply this: You're building up a majority of newly-introduced characters quickly... And then just killing them off. You're giving us likeable characters only to eliminate them as soon as we finally grow attached to them. Your biggest crime in this regard is upon the Horde; You flesh characters out, you make them likeable, and then you murder them. It's honestly sickening how many racial leaders you have gone through so far. Honestly, it is.
Not only that, but we have had several side-characters that were slowly built-up and killed off; Eitrigg, Gamon, etc. Small-time characters are important too, and I'd daresay the Horde has had some interesting ones. Just as soon as they are made semi-important as well, they are removed in one way, or another.

The Alliance is not so much having an issue in this regard, so much as the Horde is. I'd daresay they are given fully-invested lore characters to begin with, and they stay almost indefinitely. The only real loss they've suffered in the game of World of Warcraft is King Varian, and perhaps Magni. People such as Medivh are loosely tied to the Alliance, but not an actually card-carrying member. This is why there's not so much "flak" when a 'member' of the Alliance's story is eliminated by way of this-or-that, or otherwise touched in a negative manner a-la lore. It's also why we are seeing some backlash on the forums in regards to Mekkatorque, and I daresay Jaina, even so much as being 'damaged' in lore elements. Or even Tyrande being defeated, despite becoming an Avatar of Elune's Wrath.

It's still incomparable, those Alliance lore details, when compared to the injustices of the Horde's lore. Yes, I am a Horde player, and no, I cannot forgive murdering off interesting characters such as Cairne Bloodhoof, Thrall (although not dead, is now irrelevant), Vol'jin and others. And now it seems as if you're aiming to also kill off Sylvanas--eventually. Let me just tell you now that killing Sylvanas off, or writing her out of the story, is going to be the biggest injustice of them all. She is by far the most interesting character in current lore remaining, and she is entirely setup to be a major player in the Void expansion, battling the entities of the Void, that is going to happen probably after BFA, or the expansion following BFA (Is when I see it happening). If she is undoubtedly killed (and not just removed from Lore as somebody like Illidan was), Lor'themar is killed, or any other remaining Horde major player is killed off before the Alliance transitions 4-5 people, then you need to find another way to approach Horde characters. Killing them off one after the other, shifting hecticly from expansion-to-expansion, is not going to work forever, and it is boring. It's also entirely one-sided and entirely biased for the Alliance, who are keeping immensely powerful characters who grow only insanely more powerful, flesh out even further, and all for absolutely zero recompense...

Moving along, as I think i've ranted long enough about the above.

I'd just like to say that... World of Warcraft is perhaps missing certain elements that I feel would make it truly shine again as a gem in the RPG department.

Now, when I play an RPG, I play it primarily for the story. Well, we definitely get a story--Albeit, a linear one. One told without any options or deviations. That... Can only go on for so long. An RPG that truly shines is one that allows the player freedom in certain elements of the game. There are naturally fixed elements to a story, events or other that need to happen and need to happen a very certain way. However, making any and all decisions for the PC, giving us no options or choices between those fixed points of narrative, is doing no justice in an RPG. Allow me to say though that a certain few things could've gone an incredibly long way to allowing us as players of World of Warcraft to immerse ourselves in World of Warcraft far, far more during the time, given a few changes to certain things. Allow me to give one example:
The Garrisons.

You missed an enormous immersive nail with Garrisons. The way they were implemented was akin to that of laying down cement paving. That was an entirely boring way to go about doing things. No more than do we arrive in to Warlords of Draenor and find some freedom after the chaos of losing our entire militia at the Dark Portal, than do we find a semi-secure location and set up shop. Well, at least the player is recognized in dialogue as a remarkable fully-fledged Champion of their respective Alliance, and is given completely full reign over their Garrison. That was a notch in the correct direction, to feeling important, noticed, special and different. However, it was incredibly stale to give us a very, well, cemented location for the Garrison.
The nail that was missed, I daresay, is that there was no other option for where our Garrison could be located at. We couldn't place it near water like Theramore is, and make it so we have access to a Navy or other. We couldn't place it in another zone entirely. We could not dismantle and move our Garrison either. Not only that, but our Garrison is entirely Horde or Alliance themed, and that choice does not change whatsoever depending on racial choice at all. That is the second nail that was missed. I realize it would have costed development time, but it would have been worth it to be able to immerse ourselves inside of racial Garrisons, instead of faction Garrisons, and even moreso if we were able to pick-and-choose where exactly our Garrison would be located. The third nail was making the Horde Garrison incredibly lack-luster in comparison to the Alliance's Garrison. Bias is not something that should be a motivating factor in a matter such as a Garrison, but I felt that the development team literally just went Orgrimmar on the Horde Garrison simply because there was no other alternative. To which I say: Blood Elves would've been interesting, I am sure. There is also the Forsaken. But to think that looking at a miniature Orgrimmar is appealing, compared to the beautiful splendor of a Night Elf-themed Garrison, is just appalling. We spend enough time in Orgrimmar as it is.

Moving along from that rant, and continuing on, there's simply a lot of choice elements missing from World of Warcraft. Likewise, there's no consequence for our characters. Everything we do is predetermined to come out with absolutely zero reprocussions. There's no moral or ethical dilemmas, and everything that our characters do is covered via plot armor. When we passively allowed a thermo-nuclear time-bomb to detonate on Theramore, honestly, we should've been reprimanded as well by Garrosh. However, all we had happen to us was: We are stripped of a rank that technically means nothing anymore, as the Commanding Officer was just choked and dropped from the cliff, and silently allowed to work for the Horde again with no further decomission or reprimand. Every. Time. We are involved in something major that turns out to be an incredible sin upon life, we are protected by the fact that we were technically serving another person's orders, and that person takes the fall for us. That's bad story telling, in my opinion.
In addition to the above, there's zero choice or deviation in the story. It's very linear, as I said. This causes immense amounts of frustration to people who play an RPG game, which by all rights, usually allows freedom of choice to pick and choose sides to take. In this regard, i am purely pointing my fingers at siding with the Vol'jin rebellion and the Iron Horde of Garrosh, or the Varok Saurfang & Sylvanas debacle currently ensuing. These are not compelling stories whatsoever, and removing the option for the player to choose a side in either scenario is blasphemous, and purely limits 'choice' to levels of nonexistence. It's perfectly fine that you have a story for World of Warcraft to follow. However, our characters should not be mindless. That is not what immerses a lover of the RPG genre in to a story. Even linear RPG stories inside of other video games have optional ethical/moral dilemmas inside of them, even tied to the main plot it self as it is being told, yet it remains that most of those choices seem to involve, "Do I go over here and save this person? Do I go over here and eliminate those people?" "Do I get this person medicine? Do I spare the extra time to mend these random wounded I just happened to come upon?"

One can argue that World of Warcraft possesses these two aforementioned elements as well however, but they're given to us primarily as main story quests. That makes them non-optional, and removes choice. Alternatively, daily quests, are fairly and pretty largely detached from the lore in my perspective. The only daily quests that I felt weren't detached from a lore's point of view were for unlocking the Isle of Thunder's layers of gates. This allowed us, as players, to pick and choose which daily/side quests we wanted to do, and aid in the effort of raiding Isle of Thunder. You didn't have to be there all day long, completing each and every single Daily Quest to maximize your repuation with a Faction that doesn't matter in the long run, or have any actual meaningful impact whatsoever after the fact of you maximizing said reputation. Doing the Isle of Thunder dailies, or not doing them--as others were, and the Gates are unlocked for everybody on the server--had an actual game-changing impact. This was a step in the right direction, especially, in my opinion, as far as Daily Quests are concerned. It made them matter.
Arguably, as long as it feels like what we are doing has any actual meaning to it, you can make even a linear story a good story. However, it most often doesn't feel this way.

The greatest example of this that I can use, or think of, is up-and-coming, in that you feel like nothing you do matters when you do things like in the Alliance's upcoming story, in helping to defend Tyrande--Or just being there at the scene with her, or whatever it is you're actually doing there--while she is preparing, meditating and communing with Elune, just to watch Nathanos after-the-fact, easily defeat not only a God-Empowered amazonian Night Elf the caliber of Tyrande's like, but also Malfurion Stormrage, her husband, confidant, master & chosen Druid of Cenarius, and all-around Demi-God the likes that make him the most powerful mortal on the entire planet. This just makes the fact that you had to stand around Tyrande in the beginning all the more entirely meaningless, and makes you look like a fool for getting giddy that she was about to become the second Night Warrior ever, especially when the first one almost conquered the entire known world when he was one. Entirely negates the entire epic Night Warrior transformation. Everything you did leading up to Tyrande transforming... Was worthless. Her entire character, sitting passive, whining, moping while Jaina Proudmoore took her roles instead (literally, Jaina replaced Warcraft Tyrande in a lot of scenarios), was made meaningless when Tyrande's character finally stepped up to the podium. And your character, as well, was made a fool for putting stock in her.

If we had the option of making an impact on such an event, Horde and Alliance both, then this outcome would make all the more sense. In example: The Horde character could be standing nearby in hiding on Nathanos' side, waiting for the right moment to attempt to ambush Tyrande as she is battling Nathanos. By all rights, Tyrande should win this battle by a landslide... Help should be an option/otherwise required on Nathanos' side. On the flipside & conversely, the Alliance PC doing the quest on their end could also be lying in wait, ready and willing to optionally aid Tyrande, should it become evident that she is unable to reliably use the gift of the Night Warrior in this battle. Throw an axe at Nathanos, shoot a flare in to the sky, do something to mometarily draw Nathanos' attention, so that Tyrande can take the upper hand.

I realize that might be an under-handed way to win the battle, but I also don't think the Alliance players would complain when the only other alternative is that Nathanos effortlessly evades Tyrande, accomplishes his mission, and retreats uncontested...

Small TL;DR: We need to feel, and see, choices. We need the things that we do in the game world to have an actual feeling of impact. We need to be able to see that the negative things that we do have reprocussions to the PC. The things that we do, especially the bad things... They're all hand-waved. Nothing we do, ultimately, has any consequence to us, and we likewise have zero say in any and all matters. We simply follow as commanded, without question. "The perfect little soldier" routine gets very old after 10+ years of doing it.
Moving along: The classes in World of Warcraft.

Alongside the impact that choices and moral/ethical dilemma chances present in the game would bring to raising World of Warcraft from a stale-tasting story, to a greater game altogether, I feel that the classes themselves in World of Warcraft have also likewise gone rather stale over the years. This is, largely might I add, due to the fact that things such as ability pruning (however necessary aside), and ability "gifting" I will call it, have happened. The need to remove excess baggage is always going to happen, especially when newer things are always added. I will be the first to admit here that, yes, there were a lot of abilities. Not all of them were highly used, but some were. I dearly, dearly miss several of the abilities that my Hunter used to have that I can no longer play with. Or they were made useless over the years, and no longer worth keeping on the action bar.

Removing the abilities that weren't highly used, no longer made sense, were later revamped and made better, etc etc. This is all okay. It was honestly necessary, and I can see that. It doesn't mean that I don't feel that loss any less, however...

On the flipside, when I mentioned ability "gifting", I moreso mean when an ability such as Bloodlust is readily made available for multiple other classes. When I thought of the Bloodlust ability, and how it was made available for Hunters and Mages, and I also believe there was a drum out there, an item that could proc a Bloodlust effect as well, it made me think of the classes and their abilities themselves...

Each and every class, bar the 'Hero' classes (and I personally include the Monk as a Hero class as well for certain personal purposes), suffers from a distinct lack of diversity. A Mage now feels like a Warlock (barring that of Demonology specialization, which has been allowed a unique identity now), which feels like an Elemental Shaman. To a degree, also feels like a Balance Druid. A Warrior feels like a Paladin, with less flare in their aesthetic; A Warrior feels more bland, a Paladin feels more flashy. A Rogue, to a degree, feels exactly like a Feral Druid. An Enhancement Shaman feels like a Frost Death Knight. So on and so forth. When I actually put my mind to it: No class can honestly feel unique anymore.

Save for the fact that a Hunter uses a bow and arrow, and has a pet companion, or a Lone Wolf Marksmanship specialization, there's really no competition for the Hunter to be set against when it comes to other classes. A Demon Hunter is on a thin line here in that they almost feel too rogue-ish, but with insanely higher emphasis on quick movements; They really are treading a very fine line to being "just another Rogue" in the game play elements of WoW. The Monk class is the one that sets it self apart from all the others, right there alongside of the Hunter. They don't exactly feel like a Rogue when you play one, unlike the Demon Hunter which is tip-toeing that line. They feel like a Martial Artist, and rightfully so.

Now, certain specializations of each classes do feel.. Distinct. And that's a good sign, that's the right way to go about it, in my opinion. Like I said, a Demonology Warlock has really set it self apart in recent times. It doesn't feel anymore like you're playing a less-powerful Destruction-spec Warlock, with a slight Pet emphasis. It also doesn't feel like you're just playing a weaker Unholy Death Knight. Contrarily, you're playing an Unholy Death Knight with a range-centric focus, and the Unholy Death Knight is your melee-centric focus alternative to the Demonology Warlock. That is how I feel that was setup to be, and honestly, I sort of like it.

But then you get to a specialization setup the likes of: Enhancement Shaman vs Frost Death Knight. Honestly, I can say here that they are almost mirror images of one-another, with the only real destinction being: Power and aesthetics. Both of them spam an off-hand attack; Both of them have a very high-powered attack (Stormstrike vs Obliterate); Both of them focus on main-hand and off-hand attacks; Both of them have several buffs built in to their passives that proc for main-hand attacks and off-hand attacks that god-honestly just feel the same; both of them have a nuke talent (Sindragosa's Breath vs Sundering); so-on-and-so forth... They are practically spitting images of one another...

The specializations I feel don't have any real competition with one another:
All 3 Hunter specializations for the sole reason being there is no other physical-ranged class in the game, and alternatively Survival specialization feels unique-ish among Melee specializations,
Sublety Rogues' playstyle is vastly different than any other physical-melee dps in the game, and coupled with their aesthetics and theme, are very unique. I don't feel as though a Sublety Rogue has any competition, or abilities outside of their own respective class that is really shared with any other class/specialization,
Demonology Warlocks as already explained,
Unholy Death Knights,
Bear/Monk tanks,
dps Monk,
Shadow Priest (albeit barely) feels different enough from a Frost Mage (Shadow Apparitions vs Icicles, they also focus more on half-and-half of casted abilities, Dots and channeled abilities where-as no other DPS does this anymore, not even an Affliction Warlock).

That's only 10 Specializations in the game that feel unique to me. I personally have not played a Healer at all in my life, save for a long, long time ago, which is why those were excluded from all of this. I have no real knowledge of them, nor have I played their specializations to have any real sense of feeling or understanding of them. However, I do remember that my Druid was focused on Hots and big-time AoE healing. It felt fun, to me, playing her back in Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King expansions. Not sure if anything really changed, as since then, my Druid has been a Feral Druid, or neglected entirely as I just favor Hunters too much.

Moving along in the discussion... Class diversity is something that should be a 'thing', in my eyes. A class has to feel unique enough, or else you might as well just name it the other class to begin with. Losing one class' identity to another is an eyesore. Seeing and feeling like my Elemental Shaman is just a Mage in Mail armor feels horrible, especially when it does considerably less dps output in AoE or Single Target aspects of the game. Playing for aesthetics should not be a thing. I honestly feel as though playing a class should be more than an aesthetic choice.

I realize though that Blizzard Entertainment's, and some/most perhaps, of the playerbase's mentality has shifted to, "Bring the Player and not the Class" mentality, but I do not think that it should be at the entire expense of class diversity. I do agree that the Class should not dictate placements in a raiding group, that you should not be bringing one because of certain buffs, or attacks, etc, but a Class should have enough, or a Specialization should have a unique enough playstyle to set it apart from the other Classes, and the other Specializations, in that they feel special, and you don't feel like you're playing another Class entirely. It feels backwards, in a way it feels restrictive. Identity is still important, in my honest opinion.

As an aside to class diversity, i'll bring up the game play it self. I'll be the first to admit that i've taken hiatus' from World of Warcraft, out of pure lack of interest in logging in to the game it self. During such time periods, i'd often go out and pick and choose various other MMORPGs, most notably the F2P ones, and give them a shot. I've rarely played another subscription-based MMORPG other than World of Warcraft. I will say this: World of Warcraft sets the bar when it comes to a seamless, smooth game to play.

What I mean is this: There is no rubberbanding. There is no snapping to a complete stop to cast a spell. There is effortless, seamless movement of the characters, and honestly, the combat in World of Warcraft feels as if I was playing an ARPG-MMO the likes of Vindictus, Dragon Nest or Tera, which were specifically designed with such a combat play style in mind. No other MMORPG that I have played has had the same level of seamless movement mid-combat or otherwise, that World of Warcraft possess. Some have come close, but none have nailed it in the same likeness that Blizzard Entertainment developers have done for this game. I literally have to applaud them for this, on top of the beautiful game world it self that we are playing upon.

Moving on from that short notion, I could, and would, bring up the Community Aspect of World of Warcraft, if it was actually something that fell upon Blizzard Entertainment to be within the realm of control of altering/fixing/etc. At least, to a larger degree, it is not. However, I feel I have to put my 0.02 in to the matter that Looking for Group/Raid did in fact have an adverse effect on the game, and led to a major loss of server-wide identity for the player that led to an increased level of bad manners taking place, all of which now, to us who've played in times like Vanilla or Burning Crusade, realize these such people would've never been allowed to let-be on the server to ever Raid in the first place. Such people would've been ostracized, ousted, or otherwise forced in to getting a race/name/server change to be able to play the game.
Now... Honestly, after-the-fact, doing that to those people is a very douchebag thing to do. Stooping to their level to combat their empty-headedness is just plain wrong. However, players can and have agreed that it majorly brought a sense of Community to the game. A player had an identity, before Looking for Group/Raid was invented in to the game as a concept. What you did on the matter, who you talked to, what you said and when, your context, etc, ganking players or whatever else had you done, it all mattered in to molding you in your servers' peers' eyes in to what sort of a person you were.

Now, the only sense of that same kind of Community-like feeling can be found in a Guild. At least, that is how I feel. So honestly, I can only sort of spite the creation of LFG/R. Sorry. It may be nice to be able to go now without asking in /General or /Trade chats for 4 hours before finding a group (or a really high leveled person who's bored) to run me through Razorfen Kraul, but it arguably was also rather fun to spam the channels, and run said dungeons with people on your own server as well. At least, I personally think it was.

I don't have much of anything to really comment on when it comes to Dungeons or Raids themselves. Again, comparing older WoW to the newer, it's apparent there's more effort being involved in the creative process of both, graphically or otherwise. I don't have any issues running either a Dungeon, or a Raid, and the mechanics are easy enough to follow and get the hang of. It doesn't seem like anything is really "out of reach", like Mythic Garrosh felt to me, lol. I don't think I actually completed him when he was current. Almost... Almost. But not quite. But yeah, I don't really have any criticism here.

Likewise, when it comes to the aesthetics of gear, I can tell more effort is being made in to the designs. However, is it so hard to make more 3D gear? Or at least, gear that isn't just stenciled to look like it's 3D? Or is it such a God-honestly bad design choice to make progressive raid tiers? That was a really cool concept, in my opinion. If it is tough to continue designing entire sets of gear, then I cannot honestly fault you for that. But if it is not, then I suppose there is some fault to be had. I genuinely do enjoy sets, and how they fit together. I also deeply enjoy transmogrification, and tinkering with them, making and creating entirely new appearances that, to me, just look absolutely amazing. I can sit some days on the MogIt addon and create 2-10 different new and unique transmogrifications and take up to 4 hours shifting through items and piecing them together, having fun 'designing new sets' in the game. I've even asked some of my few remaining friends in the game if they ever need a transmogrification, to give me a little list of criteria of what they're looking for, and i'll see what I can come up with for them. Some have asked me, some haven't. Either way, I hope transmogrification is here to stay, and thank you for adding it, and continue to add as well interesting and themed armor 'sets' and appearances.

For now, I think that pretty much wraps up a lot of my thoughts on the game as a whole.
I suppose I can wrap it all up and say that, all-in-all, I can give Battle for Azeroth, currently, a 6/10 rating.

It feels much, much too grindy; A lot of the rewards you get outside of dungeons, heroic dungeons, and LFR, are much easier to obtain, even outside of dailies or world quests, and far higher item level, than what you would find in those other areas. It practically invalidates the existence of those other areas. Timewalking, for sure, invalidates the existence of regular dungeons/heroic dungeons. All one has to do is wait for Timewalking to be enabled, and they can skip doing regular Dungeons and Heroic Dungeons altogether for an alt.

The World Quests concept that was introduced in Legion also feels like it's worn out on me entirely. I also don't feel that with the aforementioned Timewalking, that I really have any or all incentive to go and do any of the World Quests for anything other than reputation purposes. On the note of reputation: It's my personal belief that it should not be tied to the Pathfinder achievement(s) at all. It is just a horrible time gate and you, in my opinion, should feel highly ashamed for tacking it to the notion that I need to be Revered/Exalted with the entire known world to be able to fly in said world. If, instead, it simply required completing each and every daily quest, that would be acceptable in my eyes; That means even daily quests that are on rotation, or very far out of the way, yes. Every. One of them. Requiring the reputation to be at a great length away from baseline, however, for ALL of the reputable Factions, is shameful. It is exactly why I do not have Pathfinding at any point since Pathfinder was introduced. Check my Achievements if you think I am lying (Bar that of Legion and WoD, both of which I took hiatus' during. Although in WoD, it was more because of my graphics card burning up and shorting out.)

The existence of personal loot, honestly, was a bit of a surprise. I can see the reason for swapping out Master Looter and other loot type variants, I can. But at the same time, I didn't personally have any issue with Master Looter in my Guild whatsoever. I did, however, have an issue with not getting a single Bow during any of my time raiding for at least 3 raid tiers during Mists of Pandaria. :| However I was keeping up with the other raiders on my team is beyond me. It took until almost the end of Mists of Pandaria expansion for me to finally get a Mythic Bow, and it was a huuuge upgrade over what I was using before I received it. Anyways, that's off track.

Most of the zones in Battle for Azeroth themselves feel nice. I feel, though, that the Alliance zones received a lot more attention to detail than the Horde zones. I also feel as though that was by intent. Not that I can fault you for that; Horde BFA zones are just there for Troll story, whereas you are able to fully bring Kul'Tiras now in to the limelight, something that was probably very thrilling to do design-wise.

I have nothing to say/comment on in regards to BFA ability pruning.

Professions do, actually, feel rather useless anymore. They're good for getting huge chunks of Gold out of people on the Auction House though, so thanks for that still. The non-existence of gem slots, gems and armor enchants though has me feeling homesick, to a degree I honestly do miss all of that stuff. Even if it was just generic, and linear, it felt nice to be able to deck out already nice items with even further stats, and tailor them even more finely-tuned to a certain playstyle (Haste-heavy, or Crit-heavy, etc; Hectic vs Constant-big hits.)

The story-telling of BFA has taken a notch in the right direction. By that, I mean that we have certain playable scenarios that are one after the other, fairly quick in execution, and get things done. I like this model, as it sets a precedence for the future that we can have short narrative plots delivered to us for us to play out, rather than having to wait for one biiiiig patch months down the road that just introduces a new quest zone and some short RP dialogue from the major NPCs. Now, I don't exactly mean that the story it self is leading in the right direction, because honestly, I don't think it is. I... Honestly? I hate--no, loathe/abhor--several of the large narrative plots introduced with BFA so far to the degree that I think you're just shelling out drivel to us in order to keep subscriptions up. Sorry-not-sorry, that's my personal view on that matter.

Nobody should be visibly murdering their own well-established characters in the manner that your development team is with BFA so far. Tyrande, Sylvanas, both are being gutted right out in front of us for seemingly no reason in this expansion alone, and the previous injustices to Tyrande's character are highly unforgiveable; The sad state she's in alone could make any Warcraft lover cry. Varok Saurfang turned in to a cry baby and a traitor to the Horde in this expansion, and he's attempting to drag us along with him apparently, even though Sylvanas sees though the obvious lie we feed her... I'm just going to stop there. Those are just characters in this expansion alone. There are plenty of characters other than these to use as examples.

BFA in my eyes: 6/10, as things stand. Subject to change in the future.
I'm about to be very disapointed in this thread, I can feel it
Why not just type it out on word then post it......
OMG in before next wall of text...which I didn't read, and hope it doesn't fall over on me...
oh

my

god
10/27/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Stripendella
Why not just type it out on word then post it......

I did. Like I said in the edit above, the word count for the forums has obviously been very much improved since I was last a frequent forum-goer. Anyways, it's all there now.
Let me haiku help you, to shorten future posts...

Bretherezen writes,
Blah, blah, blah, Blah, blah, blah, Blah...
B-F-A drama.
Holy !@#$ dude.
10/27/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Rauler
Holy !@#$ dude.

You were warned. There is no major TL;DR for my post, either. Also, posts like this offer just... Nothing to the OP.
TL;DR - Developers are looking for constructive feedback, not these kinds of impulse, emotional critiques :P
10/27/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Zolî
TL;DR - Developers are looking for constructive feedback, not these kinds of impulse, emotional critiques :P

If you think this is an impulsive, emotional critique, you are quite sadly mistaken. Also, no, not a TL;DR. Reported for spam/trolling.
Oh look another I'm special post
That wall of text would make the game of thrones ice wall proud.

I will summarize my issue with BFA: Its not fun.

Blizzard has to find a way to make the game fun again.
10/27/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Grellos
Blizzard has to find a way to make the game fun again.

We players can also help in that endeavour. What don't you find fun? That's why I made this thread, to list and reason why, the game is not so much fun for me personally anymore. Got to say more than it's simply not fun man. Nothing'll change that way.